Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
Nominees for Rnd 1 BigFooty Emerging Star Nomination

Chris Knights - Adelaide - 17 Disposals, 1 Mark
Marc Murphy - Carlton - 17 Disposals, 5 Marks, 1 Goal
Dale Thomas - Collingwood - 16 Disposals, 8 Marks (incl. Mark of the Week), 2 Goals
Danyle Pearce - Port Adelaide - 10 Disposals, 3 Tackles, 2 Goals
Nathan Foley - Richmond - 19 Disposals, 4 Tackles

No Birchall? Bit harsh on the boy. He seems to have gone through unnoticed. I'd say out of all players, bar Murphy, he looked at home. 14 disposals, 4 marks playing in the backline, and for only 66% of the game. Not bad if you ask me. I'm not too worried if he doesn't get nominated this week, but I will be a tad concerned if he doesn't get a nominatin by round 6.

Birchall was up for nomination but I looked very closely into the players. He was talked about all Sunday afternoon, but as I said I looked into it.

Knights was impressive as expected and I put him before Birchall. Thomas and Murphy are the main players who will battle it out, not only were they no.1 and 2 in last years draft but their debuts were impressive. Danyle Pearce had a very good game I thought, and was another who showed a bit and I thought this is a chance to recognise him. Foley was one of the Tigs players on the field on Friday Night.

Take nothing away from Birchall though.

I'm going with Thomas. Even though I firmly believe Knights will win the award this year, Thomas looked totally at home and performed very well for a debutant. Kicked 2 goals, took some great marks and even took on Andrew McLeod. Died a bit towards the end but that's just natural. Excellent game.

Josh Gibson is ineligable Chadwiko. He is over 21, which is upsetting because he also would have gone close. A good first-year player none the less, and has been recognised as a great player already after impressing in the VFL over the year(s) and having a good pre-season in 2006.

Clinton Bartram had an okay game, but he did however make a couple of mistakes. Looking at the players nominated, there were few that missed out such as Birchall and Bartram, but I am sure they will go close in weeks to come, hopefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
Closed already? There has been another vote since I posted that message :confused:
Closed as in that the winner has already been chosen.

That vote was mine by the way, come on Murphy..:thumbsu:

Yeah, the system will be, from now on, 24 hours, so the poll can be closed and be regarded consistent. I will also make it a public poll each week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back