Delisted Billy Evans (2015-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Joins one of our former captain in failing to get a kick on debut.

12 handballs

I remember we were tossing up with either picking Billy Evans or Billy Gowers. Will be interesting how each player develops. Fair to say Evans has the chocolates ATM.
Gowers injured his shoulder and from what people on the Carlton board say he looks to be 50/50 to get an extension.

Not much said about Billy yet.
Only seen a few quarters of his but prepared to make a call on his potential.
He is very good in close, clean hands, big body ( to be developed )good clearance work, good decision making.
A Jobe Watson or P Cripps type in a couple of years ?
Im with you and came here to post the exact same thing. Seems to have some classy hands on the inside and knows who to hand off to. Im thinking more of a brent moloney type when he builds up his bulk. Havent seen much of his kicking as he seems to get down and dirty in the clearances.

Definitely liking what i am seeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like his size and he seems to have a bit of a sense of where to be. I think there is enough to work with to keep him on. He will need another year to really evaluate his strengths and weaknesses anyway. I hope we keep him.

Surprised that people are hopeful we hold onto him. There would be no chance that he won't have his contract extended, looks good in close and has a good goal sense, something to work with.

I'd be shocked if he didn't get another year at least. Unless he can improve his kicking a bit I think he may struggle to find a regular place, but there are really good points in his game and he can definitely fill a spot as a role player or depth.

Dare I say he is similar to Jack Crisp in a few different ways.

Player Reviews: Part Ten

Billy Evans was the fifth and final debutant for the Lions in 2015, earning his spot in the Lions' side in Round 19 against the Gold Coast Suns. Evans played five games to finish out the season - including each of the Lions’ last two wins. One of Evans' better games was Round 22 against Hawthorn, where he had seven tackles and 13 possessions. With another pre-season under his belt, Evans will be looking to further his senior game time in 2016.

Billy Evans Eager For Pre-Season To Begin

“I’m pretty keen to get started, it was a good break but it’s time to get back into it,” Evans told LionsTV earlier today.

The young midfielder had plenty of time to think about the season and feedback received from his end of season review.

“I got a couple of games which was good and was what I had to do,” said Evans.

“I think the coaches expect me to build on that and hopefully get a few more games out of this year.”

Looking ahead, Evans is keen to build up his fitness and to “keep up with the other boys in the midfield.”

Evans can see a big year ahead for second-year player Josh Watts, noting that he’d returned from the off-season carrying more weight.

“He (Watts) has come back good. He’s put a bit of weight on so he’ll be able to push the big boys around and keep up with them.”

While the new kids on the block, Tom Bell and Jarrad Jansen, joined their new teammates today with Evans giving them the tick of approval.

“I met them for the first time today.”

“They both seem like really nice blokes so I think they’ll fit in really well.”

Reserves Wrap - Southport - 05/03/16 (Shane Woewodin’s comments)

Played as an inside mid and pushed forward at times to rest deep for us. He’s working on his high speed running and his ability to get out of congestion. He found a bit of the ball in a shortened game. He had 22 (disposals) for the day, he was solid inside. He probably could have had a few more if he didn’t get stripped a few of the times, but a solid first game from Bill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back