Moved Thread Black Caviar at half time tonight!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it is very difficult to rehome race greyhounds.
They are just so skittish.
This means that nearly all of them meet a premature end.

What? Heaps that survive till they retire go to the GAP program. They are far more placid than many other dogs that people have as pets.

But like all racing animals, if they can't race and are not rehomed, then their life expectancy is a bit shorter.

Better at what? To watch? I always find it's over too quickly. You don't get so much strategy or change of lead.

Yeah to watch, follow, attend, all of it. Of course there isn't much strategy, there are 8 dogs that weigh anywhere from 23-40 kg sprinting as hard and as fast as they can (over 60 kmpg), and no one controlling them, that's why it's so good.

Better at what? To watch? I always find it's over too quickly. You don't get so much strategy or change of lead.

Better to bet on.

The only good thing about horse racing is the size of the pools. After that there's very little about horse racing that makes it a better betting proposition when compared to Greyhound racing.

As soon as you put a human in control of an animal it's game over. Killer instinct is a better thing to risk ya money on.

About 100 years ago in Melbourne I think it was, they had a greyhound race where monkeys rode the dogs. Have seen the photos. Hell of a thing.

Truly, the sport of kings.

nla.pic-vn3308231-v

Better to bet on.

The only good thing about horse racing is the size of the pools. After that there's very little about horse racing that makes it a better betting proposition when compared to Greyhound racing.

As soon as you put a human in control of an animal it's game over. Killer instinct is a better thing to risk ya money on.

I didn't know greyhounds trained themselves, fed themselves and drove themselves to the track to race.

http://www.racingnetwork.com.au/bla...ewsid/12315/default.aspx#.UVAc9Cy1yqo.twitter

Black Caviar a definite starter in TJ Smith Stakes

Co-owner Neil Werrett said the TJ Smith Stakes was the unanimous choice of all the owners and trainer Peter Moody for the world champion to take aim at win No 25.

Werrett said no decision would be made on the six-year-old heading back to Royal Ascot until after the TJ Smith.

He said there were as many as five options available to Black Caviar after the TJ Smith.

Werrett said they included The Goodwood in Adelaide, the BTC Cup at Doomben or Eagle Farm, a trip back to Royal Ascot, returning for a spring campaign or retirement.

Werrett said Moody gave the mare the all clear after a chiropractor and vet had checked over her following her win in the William Reid Stakes at Moonee Valley last Friday night.

“It means we will definitely be going to the TJ Smith and from the TJ it can go to wherever we want to go,” Werrett told Racing Network.

“We can go to Brisbane, Adelaide or Ascot. All the owners wanted to clear with Pete where she is up to.
“Pete said the horse is fit, well and ready to go. We all want to come to Sydney.

“I have been waiting two years to get her back to Sydney. I’m not trying to stop the horse coming back.”

Werrett said there is no issue with any of the owners heading into the TJ Smith and he added that ATC CEO Darren Pearce had been most accommodating in his arrangements.

“Darren is very excited about having the horse there and we’re over the moon about being back in Sydney,” he said.

Werrett said everyone agreed to wait until after the TJ Smith before making any decision about where Black Caviar could go.

“Peter said there is no use planning to far ahead; she is a race to race proposition. We don’t want to say we are going here, there and everywhere,” he said.

“The options are we go to Adelaide, Brisbane, Ascot, retire or race on in the spring.

“It is going to be a sad day when we retire her, but we know it’s getting close and we don’t want to go one run many. She has done a fantastic job for us and racing and we want to look after.

“Peter said if she’s not where was or where I want her to be, I won’t be racing her again.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back