Black Diamond AFL - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading some of the 2010 forum I wish Woy Woy all the best in getting back into the comp but I doubt the BDAFL will redo the draw. Went past their "training" at Ettalong Pub last thursday & saw only a handful of numbers.

Big news about Lake Macquarie & Warners Bay though! From what I see, Deitzy has turned the club around so hope they dont fall back into their old ways. And not sure how the dockers are gonna help Lake Macquarie when Balmain were getting pumped last year...

Big news at Lake Macquarie they are now called the Dockers. No news about this on the bdafl website and only one article in the Newcastle Star. It can only help the club with possible training resources and communication with Balmain and Fremantle. Other clubs should look at their future and not just about the beer after the match. Maybe the bdafl do not know about it or do not want to know. Looks like the Woy Woy of old. "Training" at the Ettalong Pub. How will they play if the bdafl do not re-do the draw? sydney afl?

I don't think the fact that the Balmain team were getting pumped has anything to do with Freo. Balmain were getting pumped when they were still the Tigers too.
Congratulations to Lake Macquarie for thinking out of the square a bit and getting on board with the Dockers. The first club to have an official sister club relationship in the BDAFL! Hopefully they can improve on the park and challenge some of the more established clubs in the coming season

Good on the Crows/Dockers for getting the partnership up and running with Fremantle/Balmain. As we can see with Balmains results but it isnt a way to get success onfield, however it may increase the profile and resources for the club and attract some new players there to make them a competitive side.

From what I hear around the traps, Woy Woy may come in and Gosford may fall over. Not sure what Woy Woy have in terms of players but they have a great ground and new clubhouse that was finished not long ago.

Has anyone heard how the Newcastle clubs are going? Havent heard a lot out of Singleton, would have thought they would be everywhere trying to get players and support for their entry into the senior competition or will they be another Wyong or Lake Macquarie. Good in the reserves but a big jump to seniors.

I don't suppose Nathan Tinkler is an AFL fan ?

A small part of those millions he is splashing around could go a long way in the BDAFL

I don't suppose Nathan Tinkler is an AFL fan ?

A small part of those millions he is splashing around could go a long way in the BDAFL

lol nah "lagre sarge' as he is nown amung his frends reckons afl is for wimps, tipical for league fans i guess. while with all his recent sport investmnts it lokks like he is flashing his cash, when i saw him last it was just after the jets it seemed to be tied to reducing tax freshholds and assest divestment

Reading some of the 2010 forum I wish Woy Woy all the best in getting back into the comp but I doubt the BDAFL will redo the draw. Went past their "training" at Ettalong Pub last thursday & saw only a handful of numbers.

Big news about Lake Macquarie & Warners Bay though! From what I see, Deitzy has turned the club around so hope they dont fall back into their old ways. And not sure how the dockers are gonna help Lake Macquarie when Balmain were getting pumped last year...

Why dont Gosford and Woy Woy merge or is there some rivalry there?? I want season 2011 to see the Dogs again falter to see their drunken antics GF Day on the sidelines.

Good on the Crows/Dockers for getting the partnership up and running with Fremantle/Balmain. As we can see with Balmains results but it isnt a way to get success onfield, however it may increase the profile and resources for the club and attract some new players there to make them a competitive side.

From what I hear around the traps, Woy Woy may come in and Gosford may fall over. Not sure what Woy Woy have in terms of players but they have a great ground and new clubhouse that was finished not long ago.

Has anyone heard how the Newcastle clubs are going? Havent heard a lot out of Singleton, would have thought they would be everywhere trying to get players and support for their entry into the senior competition or will they be another Wyong or Lake Macquarie. Good in the reserves but a big jump to seniors.
Dont know if Gosford will 'fall over' but they are apparently far from flush with cash!!
I still believe the jump in standard from 2's to 1's is to big for any club to overcome, although good luck to Singo I really hope they buck the trend!!
The problem is once you start losing players and 'helpers' aroung the club disappear

Why dont Gosford and Woy Woy merge or is there some rivalry there?? I want season 2011 to see the Dogs again falter to see their drunken antics GF Day on the sidelines.

Pride!! No one wants to see there side fold or merge, against better judgement, ppl believe that there fortunes will turn around, and in a perfect world they would.
Or its just a slump, but when its been a decade or more ppl should at least look at there options.
A long time ago(about '96') Cardiff were getting pumped and now look at there club, One of the strongest in the league!

Woy woy were denied entry to this years comp, so unless Gosford and Woy work something out I cant see them competing.
If Gos cant field a competitive 2's and 18's then by all means put Woy in with Gosford the 1's team

Why do you say Woy Woy were denied entry to this years comp? I heard a re-draw is going to happen with a number of changes. Can anyone confirm?

I find it hard to believe that the dogs are the only team to get drunk and have fun on gf day if they are not playin. If players from other teams arent doin that its cause they r at home touchin themselves and crying cause they got knocked out again.

I find it hard to believe that the dogs are the only team to get drunk and have fun on gf day if they are not playin. If players from other teams arent doin that its cause they r at home touchin themselves and crying cause they got knocked out again.

I think the dogs were just the only ones who took over a corner with all their club colours and hacked on anyone who came near them. Funny to watch. Crap to cop. Shows a bit of passion for the league which is good.

I think the dogs were just the only ones who took over a corner with all their club colours and hacked on anyone who came near them. Funny to watch. Crap to cop. Shows a bit of passion for the league which is good.

well im not only sayin this cause i played for them, but i was in their reserves team in 09 gf against singo. and the first grade boys were just there to support us and enjoy the day. i dont doubt for a second that they were sledging people but, a lot of the stories goin round bout their gf antics are blown out of proportion. I would rather see them on the sidelines verbally gettin into people than have sum drunk idiots there physically assaulting people in the crowd like u get at sum sporting events.

Why do you say Woy Woy were denied entry to this years comp? I heard a re-draw is going to happen with a number of changes. Can anyone confirm?

I dont 'say', the bdafl said it last year when the nominations for teams went in, Woy expressed an interest for 18's and 2's and were knocked back!!
It was on the news section, I just checked and all last years news is gone.
I'm not opposing Woy Woy or yr self, but I'm also not on the board so it would be nice for someone on it to confirm or deny!!

Sad to hear of the loss of Steve Smith we have to thank him for his services to the Black Diamond League and our game in general.

Rest in Peace Mate

From Facebook.

Steve Smith

Steve Smith passed away at 1.35am, 01 Feb 2011. A wonderful son, brother, father and husband. At 7pm tonight wherever you are, let's raise a glass for Steve Smith.

From the BDAFL web site:

" Immediate past president of the league, Steve Smith, passed away this morning as a result of a long illness.

He was president of the league from 2007-10 and member of the Board from 2005. Previous to this Steve was a member of the GSJ-Newcastle and Newcastle Junior AFL Board of Management.

He was an ardent fan of the game, growing up in South Australia then joined the army where he did three tours of Vietnam and during this time and as part of his service became fluent in the language.

Steve played in Sydney with the Balmain club where he coached their reserve grade.

He was secretary-manager of the Marrickville Anzac Club before he moved to Swansea where he started a junior club and because of a lack of volunteers, became coach of each grade.

Steve often clashed with those whom he said failed to recognize that football was played "north of the Hawkesbury" or was quick to give anyone a spray who did not appreciate what the league or other administrative body he was involved with did for football.

Steve leaves both an adult and young family and our thoughts are with them. Funeral details will be advised."

Yes, rest in peace

Sad to hear of the loss of Steve Smith we have to thank him for his services to the Black Diamond League and our game in general.

Rest in Peace Mate

From Facebook.

Steve Smith

Steve Smith passed away at 1.35am, 01 Feb 2011. A wonderful son, brother, father and husband. At 7pm tonight wherever you are, let's raise a glass for Steve Smith.

I worked with him very closely last year for about the first 6 rounds before stupidity kicked in and I decided to play footy again.
This is a shock to my system.

Rest in peace Steve and thanks for your contribution to the league and my personal development.

well i have been away for a while but dont seem to be missing much on here..so how are sides looking this yr and any known player movements? i hear warners have been recruiting well with a few young guys,terrigal also picking up a few from syd,city not much changed besides coach and killarney vale loosing a fair few and struggling for numbers at training.. not much info around that i have heard about the rest of the sides..

Apparently 3 young players (18's) from Gosford/Umina area heading to the Demons in Canberra, not sure who they are or played for, but best of luck in a much harder comp.

In a positive for the bdafl looks like the Marlins are on track for 1st grade next year with 2 very experienced coaches in charge, excellent numbers and attitude,fixing up the surface(cricket pitch) and Singo moving up!!
My tip for the Reserve and 18's premiers

Go the Marlins

Well looks like someone is finally listening!!!
Gosford and Woy Woy to combine as the 1 club with players able to move between the grades!!

Should be competitive in most grades hopefully with competition for spots.

They should of did this when Woy were already in 2's and making finals but anyway if they stick to it they should improve as a whole club!!

Well looks like someone is finally listening!!!
Gosford and Woy Woy to combine as the 1 club with players able to move between the grades!!

Should be competitive in most grades hopefully with competition for spots.

They should of did this when Woy were already in 2's and making finals but anyway if they stick to it they should improve as a whole club!!

Geez first idea ive had that has actually turned out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back