Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
After having a year ruled out because injury do you think any club would rush to re-sign a player that has a contract in place for the following year.

Gotta be tough seeing 10 of his teammates get contract extensions if there isn't one on the table for him.

But yes, the way he should be looking at it is that he needs to be head down, bum up for the preseason and make an extension an attractive option for the club. It's a two way street in that regard.

From what I’ve seen of Kemp is that he plays a utility role simian to SOS
The risk for sos is next year he has played half a dozen games under a lot of pressure is the n delisted or offered one year on a reduced contract gets bitter and pissed off
I completely understand his feeling of the situation but feel it might be hard for him to move on
But could be a leader at North and is young enough to still have success there
But then the lure of playing finals with the blues would be immense and sure his ego and will to win would be a driver
He has a tough decision bu if he does have success with us I’ll be cheering and screaming soooooooos from the stands at his every goal or hard earned possession

Hoping to find some good trade news or targets we are looking at. But all I’m reading are lot of responses about a club champion and former captain in Murphy , Back when Marc Murphy was winning B&F’s he wasn’t a inside mid, he didn’t need to be when we had Judd and co. He plays his best footy when he is receiving the football and using by hand or foot he is a great decision maker and user. This year he has played more outside role which we want him to do and need him to do . Cause that’s what he does his a play maker not soft his not a crippa he is a good ball user and at his best he provides that for us . We don’t need him on the inside or want him we want him using the ball . Personally I think the role he played for us this year was perfect and I think he still has at least two more years in him.
Don’t knock a champion his still going well.

Don’t think money is the ultimate factor. Is very competitive and i am sure he wants to make it as a footballer. Surely you go elsewhere for opportunity

Why wouldn’t he back himself in with the club that is synonymous with the family name?

He played 3 of the first 4 games before injury and missing the rest of the year. He also played most games when Teague came into coach last year. He was getting opportunity so it can’t be that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gotta be tough seeing 10 of his teammates get contract extensions if there isn't one on the table for him.

But yes, the way he should be looking at it is that he needs to be head down, bum up for the preseason and make an extension an attractive option for the club. It's a two way street in that regard.
All of those team mates except Philip didn’t have a contract next year

We're not offering him anything I wouldn't think, he's still contracted for next season.
And we should hold him to it IMO. Successful clubs need C-graders on the fringe of best 22. Especially 22 YO's with good character, further development potential, the ability to play multiple positions and a strong work ethic. I would only let him go if:
a) Another club is willing to pay significant overs;
b) We are desperate for list spots because Austin and Agresta are killing it with 4+ quality trades and FA targets locked in; or
c) JSOS has had a falling out with the club which is beyond repair.

Hoping to find some good trade news or targets we are looking at. But all I’m reading are lot of responses about a club champion and former captain in Murphy , Back when Marc Murphy was winning B&F’s he wasn’t a inside mid, he didn’t need to be when we had Judd and co. He plays his best footy when he is receiving the football and using by hand or foot he is a great decision maker and user. This year he has played more outside role which we want him to do and need him to do . Cause that’s what he does his a play maker not soft his not a crippa he is a good ball user and at his best he provides that for us . We don’t need him on the inside or want him we want him using the ball . Personally I think the role he played for us this year was perfect and I think he still has at least two more years in him.
Fev's joined BF.

As long as he went on the DC hypercoaster he should be okay - that's the real man ride

On CPH1951 using BigFooty.com mobile app

That Joker ride is fully sick....pay the extra coin to sit backwards at the back of the coaster, awesome!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn’t he back himself in with the club that is synonymous with the family name?

He played 3 of the first 4 games before injury and missing the rest of the year. He also played most games when Teague came into coach last year. He was getting opportunity so it can’t be that

I guess this is his decision. Stay and crawl his way back or go and start fresh. Not an easy decision

North....JSOS should trust himself that he has enough talent to keep his own spot in our side and he'll earn that contract extension from us.
He might have a better chance of 'establishing' himself in the North side, but what kind of success will you actually get there.
We're on the cusp of playing finals... and North? is there light at the end of the tunnel? JSOS just went through a full rebuild with us from day 1...does he really want to go through that again experiencing loss after loss after putting in the hard yards with us?

JSOS should evaluate how he’s been developed at Carlton, listen carefully to how Nth Melb intend to develop/play him, weigh that up against the relative security of both situations and decide what’s best for him.

He owes Carlton no special favours, we reminded him of that 12 months ago.

Imagine JSOS goes to North and wallows in mediocrity for many years through a rebuild effectively after previous 4 years in our own rebuild and Carlton win premierships.
He’ll be richer no doubt but I highly doubt he’ll be happier.

Play AFL or potentially reserves at Carlton? Guaranteed 3 or 4 years or 1 year? Some will take the economic/safe option rather than fight for their spot.

All of those team mates except Philip didn’t have a contract next year

Yep, even so, would raise some questions in his mind, if the club is reticent about extending him past next year. Its for him to work through, though.

I don't think the club want him gone, but I think they want to be sure he's pulling the same direction if he stays.

Hey Fev I agree.

I would certainly rather keep Jack but could handle him going to North.

Could not handle him going to *.

Yeah, i reckon Jack can play. Not a star but a player i want in my side. He would be in my Carlton side. He is a good leadup forward imo.

But if he leaves for North, or most other clubs, i can still hope he does well. At *, no cigar lol.

It might be simple as a three-year deal being a hell of a lot more enticing than a one-year deal.

All family history and nostalgia aside, footy is a business and a playing career doesn’t last very long in the overall scheme of things. A player like Jack would be mad not consider that offer from North.

If he jumps at that no hard feelings IMO. At a certain point you have to look after yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back