FTA-TV Bondi Rescue

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Did anyone else watch Bondi Rescue tonight (18/3).

It was probably one of the most gut wrenching shows I've ever seen, as a 42 year old Mongolian migrant drowned on his birthday.

Very sad viewing, from the surf lifesavers first looking for him, through to the family reporting him missing and then after they'd found his body, giving him CPR after he'd been under the water for 3 hours.

that ep brought up a question for me last year.

in it they said they had to work on the guy until ambulance officers arrived.

Seriously that is wrong forcing them to work on a guy that had been under for 3 hours. They know he is dead and done for yet they make them undertake futile efforts.

imo that would just cause more distress to all involved.

Could it have anything to do with protecting themselves from being sued. I can just imagine some family with a hotshot lawyer in America suing lifesavers because even though the swimmer had drowned, there may have been a slim (and in this case absolutely minute) chance that the victim could be saved and since they didn't have the medical qualifications or equipment to officially declare him as having no hope they had to try and resuscitate him until the proper authoirites arrived (the paramedics).

Yeh i watched it on Monday and last yr.
Though when i watch the show each week, Most of the people being saved are Asians and when they come out of the water they say they cant swim.
Why the hell would you go in the water if you cant swim?

Yeh i watched it on Monday and last yr.
Though when i watch the show each week, Most of the people being saved are Asians and when they come out of the water they say they cant swim.
Why the hell would you go in the water if you cant swim?

I know tell me about it. I'm Asian and cringe every time I see an asian getting saved, its very embarrassing. Read the ****en sign...

*change of tune*

I absolutely love Bondi Rescue, always tune in every Tuesday. Have been for the last few years. Watched it ever since it first went on air. This show has given me a whole new respect for the lifesavers and lifeguards.

And yeah, I remember watching that really gut wrenching episode last year. It was very very sad... couldn't believe he was underneath the waters for 3 long hours!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back