Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Hi,

I can feel a pulse behind my left ear in my brain. It sporadically pulsates and I can feel it. It's been going on for a while which i have ignored but it has recently ocurred to me that it could be a brain tumor.

Does anyone know if this symptom is common?

Hi,

I can feel a pulse behind my left ear in my brain. It sporadically pulsates and I can feel it. It's been going on for a while which i have ignored but it has recently ocurred to me that it could be a brain tumor.

I'd be more worried if you were throwing up or had numbness or having trouble with your balance.

Probably tension, high blood pressure from worrying tooo much. Or just some muscel tension.

If the 'slight pulse' behind your ear is your only symptom, and you havent also been having one or all of the following -

* Headaches
* Problems with vision
* Problems with hand eye co-ordination
* Problems with speech
* Short/Long Term memory

Then you dont have a brain tumor Nicky.

But regardless, please see a doctor.

If its a beating sound in the ear, then that was acually one of my symptoms when I got diagnosed with a tumour in the neck earlier this year.

But honestly there would be other symptoms as well as this, its more likely to be a million other things or probably just nothing. Really just go to your doctor and find out, you'll learn nothing asking around the internet.

Hi,

I've had exactly the same thing over the last couple of weeks. I hadn't thought too much about it but now I'm freaked out. Thanks.:(

001-0919195404-Its-not-a-tumor.JPG

Hi,

Yes, in my professional opinion you definitely have a tumor and have approximately 17 days to live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how did you go nicky? Not a tumor I'm guessing.

This happens to me when I've been exposed to too much loud noise. Your ear goes deep inside your head.

I was sitting next to the motorway a couple of weeks ago when I got a sharp pain behind my ear. Even then it took me a minute to realise it was the noise that was causing the pain. That particular section of motorway didn't have a sound barrier. I can now see why this barriers are very important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back