Coaching Staff Brett Ratten 2007-2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Blowing Harvey's trumpet:Rohan Connolly's 2010 coaches ladder
Carlton coach Brett Ratten cops more flak from his own fans than perhaps any of his rivals, but is just outside the top eight. The obvious knock on the Blues, and by extension their coach, is their capacity, as in the past fortnight, to drop games they are expected to win. But while the highs and lows haven't been evened out enough yet, the highs, two beltings of Geelong and St Kilda, have been spectacular. His faith in Jordan Russell has been rewarded in the emergence of a fine player off half-back for the Blues, and Mitch Robinson is making his presence felt more.

Most of all, though, Ratten reshaped a forward set-up that nobody expected to kick enough goals in the absence of the departed Brendan Fevola, but has proved almost as productive, and did it with dare, unleashing the whippy sharpshooting trio of Eddie Betts, Jeff Garlett and Chris Yarran. ''Brendan who?'' quips King.

9. BRETT RATTEN (Carlton)

Still wears supporter flak, but has dragged improvement out of many, and reorganised forward set-up so well Fevola has barely been missed.
Blowing Harvey's trumpet:Rohan Connolly's 2010 coaches ladder

Ratten gets closer to action to boost Blues
''I wanted to be a part of it with the players as well, and give them feedback and really reward those blokes who were doing what's required and then maybe question the blokes who need to maybe go in a bit,'' Ratten said.

''I really enjoyed it, it was good - you felt like you were a part of the game.

''Sometimes being in the box you've got some control to a degree, but with [interchange] rotations at 130 and 140 [per game] and things like that, sometimes you feel that you're not actually in the game as much.''

'I'm one [win] from one, so I'm not changing,''

svcarl8600x400.jpg
Ratten gets closer to action to boost Blues

Loved it.

What does our coach need to do to get the vultures off his back? Personally he has grown as much as our team in my eyes but really gets no credit be it from the mainstream media or the morons on bf. Sadly I have the feeling that anything less than a top 4 finish next year will see the vultures circling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back