TheDyerLegacy

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United ; Melbourne City
i have heard this name thrown around the locals and is considered a legend of the WRFL ... never actually seen him play in his prime .. can anyone that has seen him play give me more info about him..

cheers

is playing east keilor 2`s at the moment....great hands great kick great bloke

yeh i see him playing at ek now just heard around the club he used to be a gun in his day .. did you see him play in his day ?

Boutsa was a great player, could turn his opponent inside out and then kick off one step, good hands and turn half chances into goals. One of the best forwards going round at that time.

Boutsa was a great player, could turn his opponent inside out and then kick off one step, good hands and turn half chances into goals. One of the best forwards going round at that time.

In his prime he should be remembered as one of the best forwards of his era.

found this

Brian (Buttsa) Memedi. Brian started with the Club in 1978 and was an immediate star. Brian is a living legend of the KFC/YFC. He has thrilled the crowds that have flocked to the ground to see him play. He is an amazing player who can turn a game at the drop of a hat. As a youngster he would kick a football to his brother Stan from daylight to dark, so it was easy to see he was a future champion. He has remained loyal to the Club. His magical feats on the ground have helped the KFC/YFC become a potent force over a long period of time since he started playing. Brian won more competition goal kicking awards than any other player. He has topped the 100-goal mark on four occasions. He played in the 1996 A Grade losing Grand Final after being injured in the first quarter. Then in 1997 after an excellent year he kicked six goals in a winning A Grade Grand Final. Buttsa has kicked more than 1400 goals with the Club, which shows his value to the side. With brother Brendan he helped form one of the most lethal combinations in the FDL/FDFL/WRFL of all time. Buttsa went off to play soccer in 1998 and busted his knee, requiring a major knee reconstruction. In season 2000 Buttsa came back to help the Club get back into A Grade after being relegated in 1999. He proved he hadn’t lost any of the magic by having a good season with the Club going on to win the flag and return to A Grade in 2001. Buttsa looked sharp and keen in 2002. For his long service and for bringing magical moments to the Club he certainly has earned his Life Membership.

found this

Brian (Buttsa) Memedi. Brian started with the Club in 1978 and was an immediate star. Brian is a living legend of the KFC/YFC. He has thrilled the crowds that have flocked to the ground to see him play. He is an amazing player who can turn a game at the drop of a hat. As a youngster he would kick a football to his brother Stan from daylight to dark, so it was easy to see he was a future champion. He has remained loyal to the Club. His magical feats on the ground have helped the KFC/YFC become a potent force over a long period of time since he started playing. Brian won more competition goal kicking awards than any other player. He has topped the 100-goal mark on four occasions. He played in the 1996 A Grade losing Grand Final after being injured in the first quarter. Then in 1997 after an excellent year he kicked six goals in a winning A Grade Grand Final. Buttsa has kicked more than 1400 goals with the Club, which shows his value to the side. With brother Brendan he helped form one of the most lethal combinations in the FDL/FDFL/WRFL of all time. Buttsa went off to play soccer in 1998 and busted his knee, requiring a major knee reconstruction. In season 2000 Buttsa came back to help the Club get back into A Grade after being relegated in 1999. He proved he hadn’t lost any of the magic by having a good season with the Club going on to win the flag and return to A Grade in 2001. Buttsa looked sharp and keen in 2002. For his long service and for bringing magical moments to the Club he certainly has earned his Life Membership.

not the biggest bloke going around but loved watching him go 1on1 wrestling with the full back to get position and pluck 1 mit out and grab it.....quality player

97 granny win he was instrumental as was frosty.....

thet must call him back again......hahaha

not the biggest bloke going around but loved watching him go 1on1 wrestling with the full back to get position and pluck 1 mit out and grab it.....quality player

97 granny win he was instrumental as was frosty.....

thet must call him back again......hahaha

Butsa was the best of his era, never missed a goal and think he kicked 100 a couple of times in the hard days of FDFL. GUN!.

And by the way w.weapons Frosty was sent off for the whole game in the first qtr of that GF so I don't think he was instumental. Poor facts there big boy.

Butsa was the best of his era, never missed a goal and think he kicked 100 a couple of times in the hard days of FDFL. GUN!.

And by the way w.weapons Frosty was sent off for the whole game in the first qtr of that GF so I don't think he was instumental. Poor facts there big boy.

if my memory serves me correctly i would have been in my early teens frosty took a massive hang on thw wing grandstand side then i think the player he was sent of for was harold kelly maybe gave him a hidinfg in front of the oppositions supporters and coaching staff.

i do no butsa as we do see eachother a fair bit he was a freak in his time and a great footballer played with my brother for a couple of years.......... stan(butsa brother) was just as classy

i know he was sent off but definately come back on the ground........took a massive hanger in the 3rd 1/4 right in front of me/us between the new scoreboard/kindergarten......and as the other bloke said right in front of the parkside bench.......not the grandstand side........remember it like it was yesterday

no red and yellows in those days champ!!!!

Look, you blokes can talk footy all you want (funny that seeing it is a footy thread) BUT i had the distinct pleasure of working along side BOUTS at Home Pride bakery back in the good old days!

Let me tell you fellas, is skills there were just as legendary as his football exploits.
No one could stack those bread crates like he did, and to this very day NO ONE can sing out loud the the lyrics to the classic choir boys song "run to paradise" aah i remember it like yesterday!!!

BOUTSA local legend and future hall of famer.
Thanks for the memories

i have heard this name thrown around the locals and is considered a legend of the WRFL ... never actually seen him play in his prime .. can anyone that has seen him play give me more info about him..

cheers

He was a superstar full forward..........saw him kick some miraculous goals first hand...............:cool:

i know he was sent off but definately come back on the ground........took a massive hanger in the 3rd 1/4 right in front of me/us between the new scoreboard/kindergarten......and as the other bloke said right in front of the parkside bench.......not the grandstand side........remember it like it was yesterday

If your talking about the GF that Yarraville won Frosty didn't come back on. He was sent off and then i believe did something on the way off so they played a man short the rest of the game.

Played with Buttsa in under 17's at Kingsville. Him and his brother Stan used to practice holding the drop punt with one hand higher than the other and depending which hand was higher the ball would swing a certain way depending on which boundary line they were on. Top bloke too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was sent off in the 1st qtr for the rest of the game, back then if you were reported by 2 or more umpires you were off for the rest of the game.

I know Frosty very well and that was a big regret of his, not being able to feature in the big one.

Was sent off in the 1st qtr for the rest of the game, back then if you were reported by 2 or more umpires you were off for the rest of the game.

I know Frosty very well and that was a big regret of his, not being able to feature in the big one.

I think all of those sugar coated doughnuts you've been eating over the years Browny have lost you some brain cells as we as chompers.

remember it like it was yesterday, turn it up:thumbsdown:.

Butsa was a gun, but there were none better than Frosty and don't think there will be in my time.

we need the tape hahaha o well ive been wrong in the past i though he come back on....anyways........hahaha the other night i got hold of d/p v spotty g'f in ''94''.....the good ol days.......

if my memory serves me correctly i would have been in my early teens frosty took a massive hang on thw wing grandstand side then i think the player he was sent of for was harold kelly maybe gave him a hidinfg in front of the oppositions supporters and coaching staff.

i do no butsa as we do see eachother a fair bit he was a freak in his time and a great footballer played with my brother for a couple of years.......... stan(butsa brother) was just as classy

The player frosty got sent of for was a cheap shot from behind on stretch salopek right in front of the umpire late in the 1st qtr and he didnt come back on the ground for the rest of the match and if my memory serves me correctly H Kelly pulled frosty's pants down big time on more than one occasion any way BOUTSA was a champion and a gentleman one of the best forwards i played against on his day with that left foot of his he could snag them from anywhere.

i only just saw this thread and and had to post.

I had the privelige of playing with Buttsa for a number of years......an absolute superstar. Could snag them from all over the place but what made him good was that in a one on one he was pretty much unstoppable - even in his last years at yarra on one leg you just had to roost it down to the goalsquare and he would beat his man.

One of the few guys that you wanted to kick the ball to in big games as you knew he could make something happen. Frosty was the same. When im old and grey one of the highlights of my footy career will be having played with those guys.

Back in the old days ar yarra we used to have stat takers and i remember going into the rooms as a young 16 year old and stan memedi was getting his ankles taped. He asked me to look him up on the stats sheet for last week - i think he had something like 45 possies........he looked at me and said "jeez, can play". Still sticks in my head. Him and his brother used to kick drop punts into the wheelie bins from 20-30 metres during the yarra olympics.....good times. Guns of the comp back in the old FDFL days when you had to earn the footy the hard way.:thumbsu:

'Buttsa' Possibly the best ff the league has seen! The best player ive played along side of with frost, over mcnaulty, mcgoldrick, king, Sardi, urch, mcghie, galea, bloomfield, zavalis, barker, butina, cook who ive played with and are or were champions, Tought me alot, as a young kid in div1, grew up idolising the man since i could walk, awesome bloke, freak in his day, pulled crowds of hundreds, best stab torps over 40 ive ever seen, definate footy hero, and a gun at manila! #7 for like fifty years! 55 once or twice for his brother! Those who know will understand! Also a freak! I wouldnt have the talent of his big toe, but it was an honour to play in my first senior game and his last beside him! :) dead set LEGEND! Local footy now aint got nothing on those days! :(
anybody wanna give a 'tough guy' list of then, and one of now? Be interesting... Few names then, now.... Hmmm?

'Buttsa' Possibly the best ff the league has seen! The best player ive played along side of with frost, over mcnaulty, mcgoldrick, king, Sardi, urch, mcghie, galea, bloomfield, zavalis, barker, butina, cook who ive played with and are or were champions, Tought me alot, as a young kid in div1, grew up idolising the man since i could walk, awesome bloke, freak in his day, pulled crowds of hundreds, best stab torps over 40 ive ever seen, definate footy hero, and a gun at manila! #7 for like fifty years! 55 once or twice for his brother! Those who know will understand! Also a freak! I wouldnt have the talent of his big toe, but it was an honour to play in my first senior game and his last beside him! :) dead set LEGEND! Local footy now aint got nothing on those days! :(
anybody wanna give a 'tough guy' list of then, and one of now? Be interesting... Few names then, now.... Hmmm?

paul fanning - deer park tough nut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back