Jack 17

Senior List
Oct 22, 2003
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
A lot of people wouldn't know it but Wayne Brittain has been in a coaching position at Carey Grammar (along with Craig Bradley and Paul Salmon). He has obvoiusly seen Roach and Jackson close up. Also he has had the influence in picking up Fletcher this year and Flemming last year, Just how much influence does he have and should he have? I hope it works out for the Tigers sake.

Fleming

I've been very happy with Fleming. OK NO I didn't like his elbow in Riewoldt's jaw, the poor kid, but I think Fleming has been a great pick up. Good grab, hits targets, bumps opponents, hard at the ball. My only criticism is that I'm pretty sure he would have been available at the bottom of the draft and I think we selected him in the third round.

If Fletcher (pick 70 ?) goes as well as Flem i'll be stoked.

Re: Fleming

Originally posted by Rodan#18.
I've been very happy with Fleming. OK NO I didn't like his elbow in Riewoldt's jaw, the poor kid, but I think Fleming has been a great pick up. Good grab, hits targets, bumps opponents, hard at the ball. My only criticism is that I'm pretty sure he would have been available at the bottom of the draft and I think we selected him in the third round.

If Fletcher (pick 70 ?) goes as well as Flem i'll be stoked.

Good point, Rodan. Barring the suspension, Fleming was selected for more games than he missed, and left nothing in the change rooms when he went out to play each time.

It wasn't Fleming's fault that he went at such a high pick, and I agree, he should have been taken further down the list than in 42, or whatever it was. But that is a criticism of our drafting procedures, rather than Tim Fleming himself.

Perhaps Brittain knew that Carlton were about to snap him up with their pick in the 40's, so it was a case of now or never.

Carlton were not going to pick up Fleming in last year's draft. He had already been rookie listed, senior listed and then delisted. He was captain of our reserves side which is almost the death knell for senior aspirations.

Fletch will give an honest account of himself, though that in itself will not be enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back