Player Watch Brody Mihocek

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't expecting that. Congratulations to him!

Interesting to see how we structure up this week. Perhaps maybe Ben Reid will play defence more considering we are very short up there. He did play a lot of defence last week. Looks far more comfortable in that role. Potentially used as a swing man during the game.

Fantastic, stoked for Brody.

His hard work and perseverance has paid off.

Love that photo of all the boys around him and Coxy giving him a hug.
I wonder if he will player in defence or in the forward line.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-31/new-pie-to-debut-as-veteran-returns

COLLINGWOOD mature-age rookie Brody Mihocek will make his debut on Sunday against Fremantle while midfielder Daniel Wells is ready to return.

Mihocek, 25, has played as a defender for much of his career but will line up in the forward line.

Wells was rested last week and completed run-throughs after training but Magpies coach Nathan Buckley said the onballer would be back, provided the 33-year-old pulled up well from training on Thursday.

"He looks good. See how he pulls up from training today but has had a couple of good, solid sessions and he's available," Buckley said at the Holden Centre.

Does that mean that Reid is out then?

was thinking Cox might have been a possible out as he looked a bit sore late in the game last week, but presumably he's training given he's in the photo - so he should be right to play.

Good luck to young Myer check.
Yep Reid will be an out. He didn't train today apparently.

Congrats, Brody#2, I thought he showed a bit in the JLT, and VFL reports have been encouraging too. Now he just needs to make the most of his opportunity, what's the weather forecast for the weekend over there?

Congrats, Brody#2, I thought he showed a bit in the JLT, and VFL reports have been encouraging too. Now he just needs to make the most of his opportunity, what's the weather forecast for the weekend over there?

Partly cloudy, 15C, light winds, 10% chance of rain. Should be a perfect day for footy.

At mid 20s he's certainly done the hard yards, so it's pleasing to see him get his AFL chance. Presented well forward in the VFL and also moved the ball quickly instead of propping and thinking, which shows he has some forward smarts. Drafting and debut is already a good news story, but hopefully he grabs the opportunity with both hands as Mirra has at the hawks. Good luck to him.

Isn't he the bloke who has been a defender for most of his playing career? Good enough then to play him as a forward in his debut game, he wouldn't be the first player who has transitioned from defence to forward, but he would need to be on his toes from the start, I don't reckon he will make an immediate impact unless he gets into the game early.

Isn't he the bloke who has been a defender for most of his playing career? Good enough then to play him as a forward in his debut game, he wouldn't be the first player who has transitioned from defence to forward, but he would need to be on his toes from the start, I don't reckon he will make an immediate impact unless he gets into the game early.
Although he didn't make a career out of it Toovey comes to mind as one who was thrown forward for his debut; mostly because he managed to bag 3 goals against the tigers and not many more for his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a better suggestion? Has played forward at times in the VFL this year and looked good. And theres no other options anyway with Moore Reid McLarty Lynch Goldsack and now Howe all injured. So its him or Scharenberg that plays forward.....or Dunn....

Given our structure and game style I dont think it will matter much this week. We rely on the likes of De Goey WHE STephenson and the mids to kick goals. Maybe one of these days Cox will do what hes paid to do and kick 3 or 4.

Congratulations.

He gets to play league footy and play for Collingwood.

Now that is something.

Never heard of him but Id love it if we have found a gem right on our front door for once

I
Got a better suggestion? Has played forward at times in the VFL this year and looked good. And theres no other options anyway with Moore Reid McLarty Lynch Goldsack and now Howe all injured. So its him or Scharenberg that plays forward.....or Dunn....

Given our structure and game style I dont think it will matter much this week. We rely on the likes of De Goey WHE STephenson and the mids to kick goals. Maybe one of these days Cox will do what hes paid to do and kick 3 or 4.
I mentioned scharenberg forward and boy did i get shot down.
Would love to see dunn forward kick his first gial as a pie and then his second for 100 in his career

I

Would love to see dunn forward kick his first gial as a pie and then his second for 100 in his career

Didnt see that. Wouldnt be opposed to it but I think its wiser to leave the backline as intact as possible rather than stuffing up both ends.

So I agree with those who shot you down!!

Last edited:
I

You didn't deserve to be shot down but I agree that Shaz as a forward doesn't make sense. He's too slow, doesn't take a pack mark and wouldn't be able to apply forward defensive pressure.
he's shown that his best posi is the quarterback style defender, like Bryce Gibbs or Goddard.
He may end up with stints in the middle later in his career but I can't see him as a forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back