Callan Ward

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically a thread full of sad old men who can't be happy for somebody who is shitting all over them at life.

Steady on with the 'old' bit :mad:

I can see it from both sides - bit sad if the loyalty factor is not enough for him to stay but yeah most people would take the money and run.

I have noticed that Ward hasn't been going in as hard as he normally does lately. Weak pathetic, piss off Callan and take the money. I hope you have a s**t career.
That is complete rubbish.... You might not like what he is doing in going to GWS, but do not cast aspersions on his performance in games.
That is a pathetic post.

He's a kid, with one of the biggest decision of his life in front of him, don't blame him blame the AFL - should have been a rule only one player from each player for either of the two clubs.

I can't believe how many people are readily willing to let Callan go. Who cares if it is some kid "setting himself up for life", our club just reeks of a defeatist culture that is willing to accept and move on.

Imagine if this scenario was at Collingwood; Eddie would be out slamming the AFL any which way he could in the media (2 from the club in 2 years, 2 kids/under 24, inadequate compensation etc...). If we are ever to become even close to being a strong club we shouldn't accept Callan leaving so easily.

If he leaves he is a Dog (not as in "Bulldog") regardless of the carrot being dangled in front of him.

We should strive to be a club that people want to play for, not one that they can launch their next juicy contract from.

No Ward and no Harbrow will sink this club, and anyone thinking we will be back in 2-3 years (the magical AFL number) are kidding themselves. Our youth may be "promising" (I don't think so personally) but SO IS THE YOUTH AT EVERY OTHER CLUB. Only difference is that our promising youth are walking out our club doors.

I'm hoping the club has offered shorter contracts to Boyd and Cross due to offering Callan a lucrative long-term back-loaded deal.

No way should he play next week if he were to announce that he is leaving. He should have his locker cleaned out the very instant he makes that announcement.

Fingers crossed he stays!

Basically a thread full of sad old men who can't be happy for somebody who is shitting all over them at life.

Exactly right man. Like everyone else, yes im spewwing that hes going because he is a pleasure to watch play footy in the red, white and blue but for the money which has been thrown at him, it would be pretty hard to not take it.

I am aware that me being a Gold Coast member may cause anger .. But I thought you may be interested at what i just finished reading ..

Page 207-208 of Kevin Sheedy's 'Stand Your Ground' ..

".. I think i was also angry that Edelsten was throwing aroung huge offers to players like Gerald Healy, Jim Edmonds, Merv Neagle and Glen Hawker. They would be hard people to replace at their Melbourne clubs, who had put in a lot of hard work developing them. While i applaud expanding the game into the Sydney market, I didn't believe it should come at the expense of the Victorian clubs. It had to be done on a more even basis"

Interesting Max. Everyone's a hypocrite. But we can't expect much more from people like Sheedy can we?

he was at the game today at frankston, while just watching him with boyd gia addison and co i got a real good feel that he'll stay, just a hunch

On a scale of 1-10, how accurate are your hunches usually? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically a poster who would rather an individual financially gain at the expense of the club he supports. :cool: When our membership hits rock bottom next year, well at least you'll be able to feel good about Ward's bank balance.

I am aware that me being a Gold Coast member may cause anger .. But I thought you may be interested at what i just finished reading ..

Page 207-208 of Kevin Sheedy's 'Stand Your Ground' ..

".. I think i was also angry that Edelsten was throwing aroung huge offers to players like Gerald Healy, Jim Edmonds, Merv Neagle and Glen Hawker. They would be hard people to replace at their Melbourne clubs, who had put in a lot of hard work developing them. While i applaud expanding the game into the Sydney market, I didn't believe it should come at the expense of the Victorian clubs. It had to be done on a more even basis"

I get the point you're making with the above, but even though it kills me to say it, Sheedy was talking about a different game in a different time. All the clubs have been open to losing players this time around, some have managed it better than others, and some like us, have been in the unlucky position of not being able to sew all of their players up prior to the assult.

Basically a poster who would rather an individual financially gain at the expense of the club he supports. :cool: When our membership hits rock bottom next year, well at least you'll be able to feel good about Ward's bank balance.
why is our membership going to hit rock bottom?

As for ward what ever he does next year good luck to him, Tall poppy syndrome here at its best, ward has not seeked a trade or said he doesnt want to play for the dogs.

he was offered a massive contract by GWS, he never asked for it.

take what you can when you can, AFL doesnt last for ever, good on him.

why is our membership going to hit rock bottom?

As for ward what ever he does next year good luck to him, Tall poppy syndrome here at its best, ward has not seeked a trade or said he doesnt want to play for the dogs.

he was offered a massive contract by GWS, he never asked for it.

take what you can when you can, AFL doesnt last for ever, good on him.
He would still be on huge money if he stays playing for his local club a big chance to be captain and at a traditional club.If he goes it will be to a s**t made up club, purely for the money.Im sick of this wish him well,well done Callan crap.Yeh footy is a proffessional but it is still a bloody game with passion and tradition.
Its an honour to pull on the bulldog jumper and either he vaues it or he doesnt.

He would still be on huge money if he stays playing for his local club a big chance to be captain and at a traditional club.If he goes it will be to a s**t made up club, purely for the money.Im sick of this wish him well,well done Callan crap.Yeh footy is a proffessional but it is still a bloody game with passion and tradition.
Its an honour to pull on the bulldog jumper and either he vaues it or he doesnt.

He recognises that it is an honour. Anyone with consideration for their financial future would also recognise that to knock back that sort of money would be insane. It will enable he and his family the comforts later in life, which is more important.

I have noticed that Ward hasn't been going in as hard as he normally does lately. Weak pathetic, piss off Callan and take the money. I hope you have a s**t career.

I haven't seen back away from a contest. Are you sure you would have seen the same if he had signed on again with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back