Callan Ward

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, you don't give a stuff about the people who gave you a start, that put time into helping you develop into the person you are, you don't give a stuff about the friends you've made....you just kick dirt in their face, grab your bags of cash and head for the hills.

If club loyalty is dead, we may as well just pack it in now.
There is a difference between appreciating it and having it get in the way of a life decision. You can still appreciate it and leave, which I'm sure is the category Ward is in.

This would be a totally different thread if Callan Ward was leaving because of ambition.
The fact he's leaving solely for the purpose of money is hard to swallow.
It is not like the Dogs are keeping him 'up s**t creek' without a paddle by offering him $1.3mil to stay playing in his home town at his local club. He could even save money by living with his parents!

There is a difference between appreciating it and having it get in the way of a life decision. You can still appreciate it and leave, which I'm sure is the category Ward is in.

You won't change my mind.

In terms of his wages, he would have been getting 10 times the average wage if he stayed with us anyway.

He neither deserves, nor should receive, any sympathy.

Nah, you don't give a stuff about the people who gave you a start, that put time into helping you develop into the person you are, you don't give a stuff about the friends you've made....you just kick dirt in their face, grab your bags of cash and head for the hills.

If club loyalty is dead, we may as well just pack it in now.

well start packing,

just remember loyalty works both ways.

As soon as Ward announces he is going to GWS its, from where i sit, just the last big arse nail in the coffin of this years season. A bitter end to a bitter season. Time to bring out the BBQ, mow the lawns and sink a few tinnies and see if can stuff it all up again next year.

Just some food for thought or lunch. How many of our players who love playing for the jumper will be shown the door or traded within the next couple of months. Big Will, Gilbee, Gia, Crossie and Higgins well maybe not Higgins. Some might think god we can only hope so. you see, what is loyality, just read the bagging threads who's really loyal to our players. How many couldn't Farren Ray out the door quick enough. So Ward goes so he will eventaully be able to afford to live down in Willy. whats the big deal he's just one player, a good one at that, and may have been future captain. But he just one of the dozen that may leave the kennel very soon, but he has a better choice that some will have

Just some food for thought or lunch. How many of our players who love playing for the jumper will be shown the door or traded within the next couple of months. Big Will, Gilbee, Gia, Crossie and Higgins well maybe not Higgins. Some might think god we can only hope so. you see, what is loyality, just read the bagging threads who's really loyal to our players. How many couldn't Farren Ray out the door quick enough. So Ward goes so he will eventaully be able to afford to live down in Willy. whats the big deal he's just one player, a good one at that, and may have been future captain. But he just one of the dozen that may leave the kennel very soon, but he has a better choice that some will have

Nope, none of those. Try again.

We'll see in October Dogs R, who gets the flick along with Eade. Anyway just looked at the proposed contract Wards getting. Still won't be able buy in Williamstown, maybe a shack in newport or a cabin at Hobsons Bay Caravan Park:)

In terms of his wages, he would have been getting 10 times the average wage if he stayed with us anyway.

You seem to be excellent at making assumptions or attempting to put words in my mouth :confused: When did sympathy come into it? I'm not saying he deserves any sympathy and I have never showed any for him, he's not going to have the money battles I will throughout my life whichever way he goes, so hence no sympathy. I'm simply saying I understand his decision and the anger is with the AFL

You seem to be excellent at making assumptions or attempting to put words in my mouth :confused: When did sympathy come into it? I'm not saying he deserves any sympathy and I have never showed any for him, he's not going to have the money battles I will throughout my life whichever way he goes, so hence no sympathy. I'm simply saying I understand his decision and the anger is with the AFL

I agree with you on that - the system created by the AFL has created this mess.

I'm not trying to put words into your mouth, I'm just a bit frustrated (like everybody is).

Personally, I think we should have dropped him as soon as he refused to commit at his last meeting with the club.

You don't just get 900k a year handed to you without some performance expectations and the heat will be on him big time for the next few years.

Hope you can live up to the hype Callan.

Can people stop equating Ward's move to GWS as similar to any regular Joe moving to a new company with double the pay?

The big difference is if you moved from David Jones to Myer nobody would give a toss. However, an AFL player has tens of thousands of fans hanging off their every move. These people have been on the journey with them from the first time they ran on the field, their first goal, the first flash of brilliance, the first courageous act and so much more.

When the player gets ripped out from under your feet by a club the AFL are pumping millions into to make sure they win a flag (long before we do), it hurts. It bloody hurts.

Ward shouldn't expect sympathy. He should expect a backlash, he should expect anger. Any Bulldogs supporter who is satisified with losing two key young players two years in a row is kidding themselves.

I won't boo Ward, but I won't be cheering for him.

This. Quoted again for truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will certainly be very publically evaluated over the next five years with us all knowing roughly what he is on

if he badly hurt himself on a football field the doggies would be quick to throw him out the door. loyalty used to work both ways in footy but that is well and truely buried, so as everyone around him has been saying go chase the money son and make it whilst you can which he is going to do! give up doggies fans and just get used to the fact he wont be wearing your number 14 next year .....

if he badly hurt himself on a football field the doggies would be quick to throw him out the door. loyalty used to work both ways in footy but that is well and truely buried, so as everyone around him has been saying go chase the money son and make it whilst you can which he is going to do! give up doggies fans and just get used to the fact he wont be wearing your number 14 next year .....

********. Thats the point of thread like this, most fans have given up on him staying and will now give him hell for his decision, rightfully so as well. I couldn't give a toss about some kids bank balance, I want what is best for the Club.

Has school holidays started yet? Where the hell are muppets like this guy coming from?

Bit harsh mate I'm serious I love the passion and if you love the game I hope you wish the new sides would be successful and spread national, I understand the disappointment and I'm not getting paid anything. Rather than bag me you should consider it great for the game that people in a non afl state support the game, and finally before you blow your stack wait to you here it officially it won't be the first time the papers are wrong.

Ummm...hardly know where to begin here. Why would I give a damn about the success of the AFL's latest love child? It is going to seriously hurt if some Johnny-Come-Lately manufactured franchise wins a premiership before my own beloved team, and moreso if it is on the back of some wholesale, AFL sanctioned pillaging. I do not support the AFL's latest expansion, and I would experience a great deal of schadenfreude if the GWS were to lose every single game in its first five years. I hate the whole idea, and the AFL can get stuffed. End of rant :mad:

2010 Victorian average wage $64620 x 10 = $646,200
well over what he has been offered buy us

so keep trying

being that the afl has now turned into the nba, epl, nfl or any of those other professional sports where run for the money is more important, i will be booing callan ward much in the same way lebron james got booed when he returned to cleveland.

Ummmmm...you do know just how Lebron left the Cavs right?
If he left like a normal person (Callan Ward), he would most likely not have been boo'd.

Just thought I'd point out your bad excuse for boo'ing someone on the team you support.

Ummmmm...you do know just how Lebron left the Cavs right?
If he left like a normal person (Callan Ward), he would most likely not have been boo'd.

Just thought I'd point out your bad excuse for boo'ing someone on the team you support.

Lived in Akron for 10 years whilst he made his decision. Was there when he announced it. I'm fine to have this argument, and yes it is a stretch bit I could compare it for you...

On thinking about it more, your right.. I'm still sour of that egomaniac lebron and just wanted a cheeky way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back