List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

SOS is not going to stop. He holds grudges.
For instance, he will make us pay overs for the Campo twins. He won’t batter an eyelid.

SOS wont have much leverage, Saints will have a pick around 5, he wont bid then, if he does, then do the right thing and let him have him.

There second rounder which will be high is where he will make a bid, but that’s no big deal.

Would be trying hard to get up to the pick for Taj Hotton ahead of the Campo boys if we can't find a suitable replacement for Cunners via trade. Currently around Pick 7-15 imo.

Really like the look of taj hotton. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up going between pick 5-10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Go through another rebuild where the supporters will resent every mistake you make on your heavily inflated contract and end up a hated figure with a very small chance of a flag.

Continue with a premiership contender who will pay you fairly and a supporter base that love you so much your long term post-playing earnings will far surpass any short term contract gains.

:smirk:

He keeps getting brought up as like the club missed out. Out of E Hollands, Cottrell, Martin, Owies, I think he takes Owies spot. Doesn't have a tank for the wing. Stengle I agree, averaging 1.6 goals and can mark.
I introduced him to the dialogue for the reason I outlined.
He doesn't play Owies role.
He'd be in competition with Holland & Cotters.

Again, not the point.

SOS is not going to stop. He holds grudges.
For instance, he will make us pay overs for the Campo twins. He won’t batter an eyelid.
If that's the case, he'll be moved on again.
Overpaying due to ego flies in the face of good LM strategy.
He can't make us do anything, at best, he'll over value a player out of spite... sounds like a him problem.

Last edited:
Would be trying hard to get up to the pick for Taj Hotton ahead of the Campo boys if we can't find a suitable replacement for Cunners via trade. Currently around Pick 7-15 imo.

I would rather this than selling the farm for a free agent or trade option. I would prefer a next generation KPP if we get ahead of a bid, but that reel is of a player we could use.

His brother has not managed to get on the park yet at the Saints. Has the dash and step we so much need. Good vision, OK disposal. Plays a but nonchalantly, even arrogantly at the lower level. Will be interesting to see how he goes when the top liners gather for the championships.

Definitely a close watch through the season, appears to add that genuine zip forward, the ability to separate, and will have the scope to go in to the midfield when he matures in a few years.

That is depended on SoS not making any trades. ;)

True but given his history, SOS likes using his top picks if they are high, i dont see much point trading up only to bid on a FS player, as it loos at the moment we are looking at needing a late 1st and and a second, bidding in the teens is not out of the range and is fair if it happens.

Im very glad when i look back, knowing that SOS missed out on the big money players that he bid on, the deals offered to Cogniglio and Shiel in hindsight were irresponsible and would have set us back a long way, his offer to Weitering would be just as bad, not because he wont be a great player, but because of how much $$$$ it ties up on one player.

McClure is stating today Weits will reject it, good on him, he’s not going anywhere unless we F him over.

Hope as much as anyone that Weitering stays and think he will..

However Weits is an UFA, mid career and needs to think about his future.. We’d be asking him to leave millions on the table, you couldn’t begrudge him if he took it…

Let’s hope he stays and we find him a CHB to flourish with…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Weitering discussion points out one thing. We need either/or a partner in crime or the next generation key defender sooner rather than later.

We don’t necessarily need to trade an established player or use a high draft pick. Plenty of the competition’s better KPP are late picks, rookies, SSP or even MSD selections (no, I don’t want a semantics driven study) they are out there!

Carlton will not be prepared to match massive South Australian offers for Sydney free agent Will Hayward but will offer a chance to compliment its star-studded forward line and a return home for girlfriend Victoria.

Adelaide and Port Adelaide are desperate for his services, and the Crows have so much cap space they are prepared to throw as much as $850,000 a season
Carlton has a six-year offer on the table, it is understood they would not go anywhere near the scope of rival offers.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...l/news-story/11f81c513b40ef74b20d0cfb92e8b1b4

Will say it again, I knew Viccy a bit before she moved up through some mutual friends, I just can't see her agreeing to a move to Radelaide. Loves the limelight. Sydney or a big Melbourne club imo.

Big contracts and possibilities. I hope we play it smart and hold our nerve.

I love Weitering and think he’ll commit to the Blues - but if he goes for a never-work-again deal of a lifetime, fair enough.

Likewise, I like the romance of adding Campo’s kids, but if someone bids overs you shake their hand and say “see you around” and let ‘em go.

Hayward is a nice fit for us, so glad we’ve thrown our hat in the ring. We should sell the possibilities hard, but again, if he chooses something else switch to plan B.

Weitering won't go anywhere. If he wins a flag with the Blues he'd likely never have to worry about work again for the rest of his life anyway.

Coterie groups and the Pratts etc will look after him like they did Juddie, coaching career post footy etc, he'll be set up life.

Cunners latest setback is the last straw.

He has to be delisted at seasons end.

Marchy also will need to play the majority of balance of season to avoid same fate. (and play well)

We simply can't carry these super injury prone players any longer .

Very debatable if either, Cunners in particular would get a gig anywhere else IMO with their track records
so little to no trade value either sadly.

Sad to say it but Davey Cuningham and Caleb Marchbank should not be on our list at the end of the year. Next in line is Jack Martin. All talented individuals but we just don't get the chance to see that talent shine. Adam Cerra is starting to become a bit of a concern with durability issues. Mitch McGovern has dramatically improved in this area yet still prone to absences.

It's crazy that we have consistently carried so many players over the last three-four years.

On a different note, is one Campo twin better than the other? Are we obliged to draft both?

Sam McClure is living in La La land if he thinks a soon-to-be 27 year old is receiving a $12 million offer. 😂

Even St Kilda wouldn’t be that thick.
Look..not that I rate scoop as one of the great journalists of all time...but if there was gonna be a club that did it, it'd likely be the Linton St Rabble :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Look..not that I rate scoop as one of the great journalists of all time...but if there was gonna be a club that did it, it'd likely be the Linton St Rabble :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Thinking about it further, maybe the report is true. Most people on earth would decline $12 million from St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back