List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

mcdonald is cooked, no thanks.

AT almost came to us for the Charlie Curnow pick, trade agreed, banners set up for the presser when GWS spooked by a cam mcarthy trade request had second thoughts.

we are apparently then going to trade on Andrjes Everett to the suns and upgrade the richmond pick we got for Yarran to another 1st.

Thanks to GWS we got Curnow and Cuningham instead, along with pick 8 (mckay) the lucky dip of sumner, phillips, lamb and plowman.

Given the news today that Warner has turned down Sydney’s contract extension - hope there is more than a sprint coach connection between Cripps and Warner - but will cost all of us our first born.

:p

At least Warner will be able to repay his contract in on field value.

At least Warner will be able to repay his contract in on field value.

Didn’t say I was against it - but that’s it’s going to cost us.

;)

Especially if we could do it for:

Coming in at No.1: Greg Williams

The Trade:
In 1991 it took a three-way trade to get Greg Williams to Carlton.
Sydney gained Carlton’s Simon Minton-Connell and Fitzroy’s Darren Kappler, Fitzroy picked up Blues Peter Satori and Ashley Matthews, and Carlton landed Williams.

The Trade: In 1991 it took a three-way trade to get Greg Williams to Carlton.
Sydney gained Carlton’s Simon Minton-Connell and Fitzroy’s Darren Kappler, Fitzroy picked up Blues Peter Satori and Ashley Matthews, and Carlton landed Williams.

Geez Fitzroy got rolled there. I remember Kappler as a very decent player.

Fitzroy were losing players left right and centre in those days because they couldn’t pay them - they were probably happy to get Matthews and Sartori and pay them less than they were paying Kappler - we packaged up Kappler (who gave Sydney pretty good service) with Minton-Connell.

Given the news today that Warner has turned down Sydney’s contract extension - hope there is more than a sprint coach connection between Cripps and Warner - but will cost all of us our first born.

I am but a barren spinster (well haven't tested the barren bit to be fair) - I'll see if my sister can spare her eldest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If west coast start improving I don't think Harley will be in a rush to go anywhere. He rather enjoys being the whole back page every week. Bit of arrogance but it works beautifully. The kind of talent and temperament that can shine with the fishbowl pressure. Lure of being an all time hero would be pretty huge too.
It’s been said many times already but there are many similarities with another guy who used to wear 9 over there.
Let’s hope he has good support networks.

Simon M-C was a very good full forward for the swans too. Kicked quite a few goals. Especially at the SCG. Couldn't be bothered looking it up, but off memory, his goals per game average at the time was right up there. Very strange decision by him to choose to go to Hawthorn after a few years there given he was basically a lead out full forward and hawks already had a decent one of those.

Granted not a top priority, but to keep improving need to look for players who can fill holes all over the ground. With that, Josh Battle worth a look? Still only 25 (26 in Sept) so best years ahead of him.

Free agent at end of the year and I reckon we are a bit thin for his type in the back half. Obviously got Weiters who is an out and out gun. Beyond that, Gov who is turning 30 this year and whilst been pretty good last season and a half, has a history of inuries. Marchy, simply cannot get on the park. Kemp still developing and Young who IMO isn't up to it.

Some interesting talk on one of the WA team's board
Hearing Charlie Cameron might have some interest in coming back over to WA, would we be interested? Probably too old for us right? I know Freo have enquired
Heard Carlton enquired and then decided against it. Big gambling issues
Not the first time we've heard Cameron's name mentioned. Twomey has been dropping some crumbs about a potential move from Brisbane over the last month on Gettable

Some interesting talk on one of the WA team's board

Not the first time we've heard Cameron's name mentioned. Twomey has been dropping some crumbs about a potential move from Brisbane over the last month on Gettable

Apparently Charlie Cameron isn’t very good with “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Simon M-C was a very good full forward for the swans too. Kicked quite a few goals. Especially at the SCG. Couldn't be bothered looking it up, but off memory, his goals per game average at the time was right up there. Very strange decision by him to choose to go to Hawthorn after a few years there given he was basically a lead out full forward and hawks already had a decent one of those.

His Uncle was Peter Hudson so there was a family connection with Hawthorn

Yep, think it was 3 goals average per game across his entire career which is a great return for a full forward.

Could never quite work him out - great kick for goal but was a club journey man. Be interesting to know why he never settled at one club. Whether he wasn’t great defensively, just wanted to keep moving, just don’t know.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, think it was 3 goals average per game across his entire career which is a great return for a full forward.

Could never quite work him out - great kick for goal but was a club journey man. Be interesting to know why he never settled at one club. Whether he wasn’t great defensively, just wanted to keep moving, just don’t know.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
i think he was a b+ forward in an era of standouts.

behind Kernahan and doro at carlton, won the goal kicking at the swans but pushed out when lockett was recruited, joined as second bannana to dunstall at hawthorn but they had all the greats retiring and shipped to the dogs for a useable pick in the rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Back