Teams Carolina Panthers - Cardiac Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to feel awfully like Xavier Legette is the WR we are targeting if the likes of Brian Thomas are gone in round 1 as expected. Feels like they want a big body deep threat to play the DK Metcalf/Mike Evans role in Canales offense. Ive said it elsewhere but im so conflicted on Legette, I like his film a lot (MUCH MUCH MORE than I did Mingo) but the late break out in his senior year scares the bejesus out of me as a draft profile, basically never works out in the NFL. There can always be an exception to the rule I suppose, just feels like the Panthers arent the sort of franchise to be the exception and get it right where others have failed in the past.

Last edited:
Hoping we might still be interested in Tee Higgins, working out a way to make a trade happen on draft night if a WR the Bengals like is there in the first round.

Starting to feel awfully like Xavier Legette is the WR we are targeting if the likes of Brian Thomas are gone in round 1 as expected. Feels like they want a big body deep threat to play the DK Metcalk/Mike Evans role in Canales offense. Ive said it elsewhere but im so conflicted on Legette, I like his film a lot (MUCH MUCH MORE than I did Mingo) but the late break out in his senior year scares the bejesus out of me as a draft profile, basically never works out in the NFL. There can always be an exception to the rule I suppose, just feels like the Panthers arent the sort of franchise to be the exception and get it right where others have failed in the past.
Wouldn’t be the first time and likely won’t be the last time we’ll reach on a local kid.

Wouldn’t be the first time and likely won’t be the last time we’ll reach on a local kid.
Its just a guess on my behalf, the interview tracker will tell the tale, ive got one saved in my favourites tab and will report back any findings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not overly excited about Clowney but its fine, at least they signed the right guys for the scheme. Clowney and Wonnum are much better fits than Chase Young.

Last edited:
FWIW via PFF, the worst run defense graded season of Clowney's career is equal to the best run defense graded season of Brian Burns career. Thats pretty amazing.

Panthers have brought in Edgerrin Cooper, Jonathan Brooks, Marshawn Kneeland, Brendan Rice and Malachi Corley for private workouts. Cooper is a beast, really impressive. Sort of reminds me of Micah Parsons lite when he came out from Penn State. If Jack Campbell was a first round pick last year I dont see how Cooper gets out of the first round honestly, a shitload of teams have brought him in for workouts, lot of interest. We also brought in Payton Wilson for a visit. I like Wilson too but would have Cooper ahead of him. Seems we could be eyeing a talented offball linebacker.

Im not overly excited about Clowney but its fine, at least they signed the right guys for the scheme. Clowney and Wonnum are much better fits than Chase Young.

Clowney is a good pick up. I would be happy with that deal.

He really worked hard last year and was doing the extra reps; which he didn’t do as much earlier in his career. Really matured as a player and one that we just couldn’t afford to keep. Our offer would have maxed out at $6M/year, due to Lamar but also the OBJ salary cap hit this year (bad contract that one).

Tea Walker and Ben Sinnott have had visits with the Panthers the past couple of days. Dont mind Sinnott as mid round pick, very technically sound, good RAS score. Kind of reminds me a bit of Tucker Kraft who just had a good rookie year with the Packers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back