CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
On Triple J today I heard a song which wasn't too bad from what I heard, then the DJ mentioned something about catpower. Anyway with this information in the back of my mind I saw a cd at JB and the sticker claimed a band featuring Eddie Vedder and Dave Grohl.

Any info would be great here, is the band called catpower or have I got it wrong?

Catpower = Chan Marshall .. she toured down here a few years back played the Meredith Music Festival in front of a large crowd a fairly intoxicated yobs more of the 28 Days or Living End ilk and so didnt get what you would call a great reception...she's more suited to your Athaneum or Palais Theatre kind of place ... Its all about the atmosphere , dark brooding I guess there is a touch of the P J Harveys too her ... The Vedder Grohl connection is they guested on the album because the producer Adam Kasper has produced for both Pearl Jam and F/F........If you are on the lookout for something more along their line keep an eye out for a Cd Called " Above " by a band called Mad Season it had Layne Staley from Alice in Chains Mike McCreedy from Pearl Jam Barret MArtin from Screaming Trees ... hard to find but an absolute cracker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back