Central Highlands general thread - June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

See Hepburn made a late play for Stephen Zavalas from the WRFL ex Carlton player only for the clearance to get denied on the 30th June and Steve Carmans still pending. A couple of nice top ups for the Burras if they can get them? So what happens now with the clearences when 1 is denied and the other still pending?

See Hepburn made a late play for Stephen Zavalas from the WRFL ex Carlton player only for the clearance to get denied on the 30th June and Steve Carmans still pending. A couple of nice top ups for the Burras if they can get them? So what happens now with the clearences when 1 is denied and the other still pending?

Been a bit quite here lately. Hepburn still recruiting? Just about flag favourites already and still trying to bring in new players!! Is there problems down there?? Not happy to back what they already have?
What sort of players are Zavalas and Carmens? Wanting to change clubs this late must be seeking a bit of fame and fortune!!

Whats the verdict on the Lexton Plains mobs? One no good the rest marginally better?

Been a bit quite here lately. Hepburn still recruiting? Just about flag favourites already and still trying to bring in new players!! Is there problems down there?? Not happy to back what they already have?
What sort of players are Zavalas and Carmens? Wanting to change clubs this late must be seeking a bit of fame and fortune!!

Whats the verdict on the Lexton Plains mobs? One no good the rest marginally better?

Illabarook are oBviously terrible. Haven't got close to winning apart from beating skipton. Massive problems there. Rokewood are only marginally better and that's suprising. Only won two games, and yesterday's result shows there way off. Carngham and Skipton are both handy sides, as yesterday's results show. Both are in the mix for finals and competing well.

Illabarook are oBviously terrible. Haven't got close to winning apart from beating skipton. Massive problems there. Rokewood are only marginally better and that's suprising. Only won two games, and yesterday's result shows there way off. Carngham and Skipton are both handy sides, as yesterday's results show. Both are in the mix for finals and competing well.

TMG is signed sealed & delivered as ballans new coach for next year. Illabrook will be out of the league by next year

This is a far more concerning story
http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/l...t-independent-board-of-directors/2227066.aspx

Especially when taken in context of the story in the Courier today about the proposal to combine the admin for BFL & CHFL.

They might try and paint out Club delgates as the self interested type but at least they know what suits their clubs. Which is what football is all about, the clubs, not the governing body(memo to A.Demetriou). And that sytem has seen the CHFL get stronger. How did the other sytem work out for LPFL? Ang BFL is in a bit of trouble in next few years the way it's going.

Spot on Crackerz, the CHFL has no interest in anything to do with the BFL from what I can see. Just another bit of BFL propaganda to try and get control over the little brother that does all the things that they wish they could.

Spot on Crackerz, the CHFL has no interest in anything to do with the BFL from what I can see. Just another bit of BFL propaganda to try and get control over the little brother that does all the things that they wish they could.

And it seems they have some loyal foot soldiers doing some white ant work for them too in the old Lexton Plains clubs judging by Anwyls comments. If Rokewood want to be under the BFL banner they should join the BFL. They'll be looking for new clubs before too long.

Under the LPFL and BFL admin deal the BFL did not own ,control or run the LPFL. There are quite a few other Leagues in Vic that use main Legues for admin. - Geelong and Bendigo to name 2. The split up of the LPFL had nothing to do with joining the BFL admin structure.

So it looks like a 3 way tie with Hepburn, Daylesford and Waubra for the GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that ALL CHFL clubs are against a hub idea, they may not have too much choice if the AFL has its way. Still more to come out from the investigation.

As with all arguements there are pros and cons for both.

It might mean that finals are played outside of Learmonth, Springbank, Bungaree and Dunnstown for a change!!!

I know that all LPFL clubs had to use the same bakery and drink companies as suppliers and Burley footies

They can stick their Burley footballs where they fit, nothing better than a Sherrin.

I Think the Burley thing just sums up the Hub admin thing perfectly. They couldn't give a rats about players or real football in general. Bunch of tossers.
I'd love to hear them defend that decision from a footballing perspective, not a business one.
If I could be bothered I might visit the BFL forum page and ask a few questions

I Think the Burley thing just sums up the Hub admin thing perfectly. They couldn't give a rats about players or real football in general. Bunch of tossers.
I'd love to hear them defend that decision from a footballing perspective, not a business one.
If I could be bothered I might visit the BFL forum page and ask a few questions
The clubs run a reasonable show in the CHFL as it is anywhere. Sure there are quite a few stuffups, but the principles are spot on and thats why the league is as strong as it is.

Anyway, back to football. The race for the eight has tightened up with Carngham and Skipton causing a few upsets and Dunnstown having gone off the boil, who does everyone think will make and who's a chance to win it?
Looks like a two horse race with Waubra and Hepburn to me, perhaps Daylesford the dark horse. Bungaree and Dunnstown to fill the last two spots for mine. Springbank a massive chance if they can knock off Dunnstown this weekend.
Cargnham and Clunes will have a knockout final against each other next weekend and Skipton's percentage may end up costing them a finals appearance.
Cummings from Daylesford would have to be hot favourite for the League B+F.

Cummins would def be up amongst the leaders i would think for the league b&f, anyone care to throw up some names that also may poll well. i'll start with Turley from Gordon, they've won enough games aswell. illabrooks overall results will hurt a couple of thier brilliant onballers & fowards from polling enough 3 votes

Cummins would def be up amongst the leaders i would think for the league b&f, anyone care to throw up some names that also may poll well. i'll start with Turley from Gordon, they've won enough games aswell. illabrooks overall results will hurt a couple of thier brilliant onballers & fowards from polling enough 3 votes

Didnt know illabrook had any brilliant onballers & forwards

Overseas at the moment and a bit out of the loop with all the comings and goings of the league. Can anyone tell me what has ended up happening in regards to the jumper clashes with the new clubs? Bunga & Skipton, Creswick & Carngham and I guess to a lesser extent Illabrook with Learmonth and Waubra. Have the new teams been made to change to a whole new jumper or just provide an alternate strip for the gamesn which they clash?

Have heard that Cummins should be a monty, Only two games he didnt get votes in the Courier award, one of them I think he was in the Vic Country side and the other Im led to believe there was an injury scare before half time after having a lazy 20 touches!
Turley seems to keep popping up in the best as does Gunnell,
What about the others, Ned Gilbert from Bunninyong a chance ?
Waubra smashing everyone must have a few contenders though they would probably be taking votes from each other.
What about Cox and McKay, again too many others taking votes?

One for discussion and bit of debate - Who are the single most important players for their club?

bfl looking to absolve the chfl i have read, without consultation

Have heard that Cummins should be a monty, Only two games he didnt get votes in the Courier award, one of them I think he was in the Vic Country side and the other Im led to believe there was an injury scare before half time after having a lazy 20 touches!
Turley seems to keep popping up in the best as does Gunnell,
What about the others, Ned Gilbert from Bunninyong a chance ?
Waubra smashing everyone must have a few contenders though they would probably be taking votes from each other.
What about Cox and McKay, again too many others taking votes?

One for discussion and bit of debate - Who are the single most important players for their club?

Daylesford - Cummings
Hepburn - Mckay
Bunninyong - Gilbert
Beaufort - Bones
Newlyn - Eastwell
Carhnignm - Kilpartick
Bungaree - Cummings
Dunnstown - Pitt
Rokewood - ?
Skipton - Fletcher
Illabrook - ??
Ballan - Mullane
Gordon - Turley
Creswick - Reinetts
Clunes - Hine
Springbank - Milikan
Newlyn - Eastwell

What does everyone else think?? Sorry about the spelling on a few clubs and names...

Great win by Bungaree to defeat Waubra by 40 points infront of it's 1991 Premiership side. It shows anyone on their day can defeat anyone and looking forward to what should be a cracking finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back