Central Murray 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerang 5 in a row and as Trent rightfully points out, nine Grand Finals on the bounce. The way they keep bringing in youngsters from their junior ranks is very impressive. They have had a close call against Kangas but they have now assumed legendary status certainly in this area. I know it's too early to call but will the core of the Dees side this year be retained? Unless the lure of mega dollars to Kerang's established champions to move elsewhere is taken, then this period of dominance shows no signs of abating.

Kerang 5 in a row and as Trent rightfully points out, nine Grand Finals on the bounce. The way they keep bringing in youngsters from their junior ranks is very impressive. They have had a close call against Kangas but they have now assumed legendary status certainly in this area. I know it's too early to call but will the core of the Dees side this year be retained? Unless the lure of mega dollars to Kerang's established champions to move elsewhere is taken, then this period of dominance shows no signs of abating.
The best side I can ever remember from this area. To keep backing it up year after year is an amazing effort. They did get knocked off three times this year and ran close on a few other occasions so I think teams are getting closer. You would think Nyah should retain most of their list with Campbell coaching again but will probably having to find another player or two.
If Kerang can keep Davis they are going to be bloody hard to stop even if they do lose a few.

The best side I can ever remember from this area. To keep backing it up year after year is an amazing effort. They did get knocked off three times this year and ran close on a few other occasions so I think teams are getting closer. You would think Nyah should retain most of their list with Campbell coaching again but will probably having to find another player or two.
If Kerang can keep Davis they are going to be bloody hard to stop even if they do lose a few.

They do have a pretty sizeable advantage given they are a one team town of that size competing against places the size of Nyah, Woorinen, Lalbert etc but to their credit they have done amazing job of keeping their local boys coming home.

They do have a pretty sizeable advantage given they are a one team town of that size competing against places the size of Nyah, Woorinen, Lalbert etc but to their credit they have done amazing job of keeping their local boys coming home.
True but they have the likes of Macorna wandella Murrabit and quambatook constantly having a crack at their playing stocks

It also helps that their leadership group have played in Vic Country teams, TAC, VFL, NTFL and BFL level then come back home to pass their knowledge on. Basically all locals, except for maybe 2. But Walter would be considered a local now. Had 2 Colts players step up as well. Credit goes to the club for the 5peat. Massive effort from all concerned. The rest of the CMFL can say what they want about the losing Kerang teams on the day, but the Club is still the envy of the league. The gap may be closing slowly, but the gap is still there.

Black Caviar 66... you can add Mallee Eagles to that list of yours. Big Duck McDonald, Marty Kelly, Sam Ayre and Nathaniel Kendall all ex-Kerang juniors. 2 being Blues Senior Premiership players.

It also helps that their leadership group have played in Vic Country teams, TAC, VFL, NTFL and BFL level then come back home to pass their knowledge on. Basically all locals, except for maybe 2. But Walter would be considered a local now. Had 2 Colts players step up as well. Credit goes to the club for the 5peat. Massive effort from all concerned. The rest of the CMFL can say what they want about the losing Kerang teams on the day, but the Club is still the envy of the league. The gap may be closing slowly, but the gap is still there.

Black Caviar 66... you can add Mallee Eagles to that list of yours. Big Duck McDonald, Marty Kelly, Sam Ayre and Nathaniel Kendall all ex-Kerang juniors. 2 being Blues Senior Premiership players.

Gotta get em from somewhere, we don't have a school or a population for that matter to draw from!! As for Duck well he does live about 5 k's from the Lalbert footy ground and has all his life

whats happening with cohuna next year are they heading to the hdfl? I see thoolen has gone to north ballarat, its hard to see any of the the swan hill teams closing the gap on the blues, id be expecting a couple of recruits to top up the retirements as they aim for flag 6

Marty was not your original junior he was told to go there from his original club by a certain league rep, in his ear saying he needed to be seen playing at a better level of senior games to be noticed by AFL types

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any footballers moving to melb who are plumbers licenced that want to have a crack at playing in the gfl best league in Victoria contact luke 0409944171

Haven't heard of him but Scott Beattie is coaching the Kangas apparently. According to the local rag, he was assistant coach at Echuca for the previous 2 years.

Besides Coates and a heap of Nyah's players I haven't heard of any playing in the 1's anyway...

Is there any truth to the rumour that Stone is on his way to Ultima? It would make it a fair exodus from Tooly.

There aren't many staying at toilet/manang at all from reports I've heard. Narby Kelly staying in Melbourne on top of all the already discussed departures

There aren't many staying at toilet/manang at all from reports I've heard. Narby Kelly staying in Melbourne on top of all the already discussed departures
I would guess Gleeson would go back to Wakool. I think they will struggle as much as anyone with the salary cap coming in.

They have been one of the most successful sides since the merger but there is noway I can see them competing with clubs like Woora who are a stones throw from Swan Hill without paying an extra $30,000 plus. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens because the way it's been setup it's going to stop major recruiting from Bendigo, Melbourne ect so there will be a lot of clubs fighting over a small player base in Swan Hill.

I would guess Gleeson would go back to Wakool. I think they will struggle as much as anyone with the salary cap coming in.

They have been one of the most successful sides since the merger but there is noway I can see them competing with clubs like Woora who are a stones throw from Swan Hill without paying an extra $30,000 plus. It's going to be very interesting to see what happens because the way it's been setup it's going to stop major recruiting from Bendigo, Melbourne ect so there will be a lot of clubs fighting over a small player base in Swan Hill.
Gleeson is coaching Tooleytang from what I gather. I spoke with Rowdy about him back to Wakool and he said that he is coaching the tricolours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back