Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Some really good matchups to look forward to this week. Each game really could go either way depending on which team brings their A game.

For me it’s Nyah over Lalbert,
Tooleybuc over Cohuna,
Kerang over Woorinen,
Barham over Boga,
Balranald over Tyntynder
Lalbert 9 points
Cohuna at home
Woora 4 goals I'm worried about kerangs lack of big bodies
Boga 3 goals
Balranald 8 goals

What a match up we have Saturday with Kerang and Woorinen.

2 of the greatest coaches to ever coach in this league going at it. I’m sure Trent’s mate Troy would have the boys firing at training this week as they know this is an 8 point game and wouldn’t want this game to hurt them later in the season! Marcus and the Woorinen boys would be very excited this week as well after a good win and a big signing!

I would not be comparing Demaria with Coates at all. Demaria will be ringing around every week now trying to buy a flag. He does this every year and gets the same results. His players won the two flags not his coaching at all. Just go and listen to his huddle speeches. Kerang by 8-10 goals and will be won in the coaches box for sure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would not be comparing Demaria with Coates at all. Demaria will be ringing around every week now trying to buy a flag. He does this every year and gets the same results. His players won the two flags not his coaching at all. Just go and listen to his huddle speeches. Kerang by 8-10 goals and will be won in the coaches box for sure

You cannot knock either Marcus or Troy as coaches. Both have multiple flags, let’s not forget Marcus coached Laharum to a premiership also.

But in my opinion the most important factor in country footy coaching is the cattle you can assemble.

Out buying flags?? Woorinen played with 24 points on the weekend.

Most coaches generally try to keep making their team better throughout the year, as much as they can.. lWoorinen always seem to pick up a player or two throughout the year once they see where they are at. I think it’s smart more than anything.

Sour grapes??? Coaches are always going to look for top ups especially if there is a chance to lift the cup in September. What would you do if you were a coach in that position?

You cannot knock either Marcus or Troy as coaches. Both have multiple flags, let’s not forget Marcus coached Laharum to a premiership also.

But in my opinion the most important factor in country footy coaching is the cattle you can assemble.
People would hate to hear this but Nyah are probably the least talented decent side I think I’ve seen. The coaches there deserve as much credit as anyone.

Lister and Murphy both would struggle to get a kick in the two’s and could both Coach top 3 sides this year which is abit of an anomaly.

There is no chance any club will win it or make finals without recruiting players. Grow up please. This is why he is such a great coach. He is able to see they are a couple players short and gets them early before June 30. Each coach will still be looking around and seeing what players they are able to get before June 30.

Look at Kerang and Woorinens premiership teams from the last 10 years. Both have a large contingent of locals and topped up with a small handful of recruits generally for positional needs.

If anything it’s a credit to Troy and Marcus on their ability to maintain local talent. If they weren’t good coaches then those locals wouldn’t be there.

Definitely sounds like sour grapes from Always Next Year Bud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's played 5 years at woora, he qualifies as a 1 pointer
Well he was at Ultima in 17 so he would’ve went there in 18 so this would only be his fifth season if they are counting the covid season that didn’t go ahead. So I would say he only actually played 3 seasons before this one. Seems ridiculous or possibly a mistake

If a player moves clubs all the time they definitely shouldn’t be a 1 point player if going back to a club. Should become a 5 point player again unless they have played juniors at that club.

He's into his 4th year, hit the minimum to count as a year of service with 6 one year. Would've only been a 4 pointer at best.
Sorry? Come again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back