Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd have to " deep dive " into the " report " to suss out each and every case then read through the circumstances of each.

Something the dt and scumrise no doubt neglected to do

The fact that 78% of people have had their payments suspended shows how hard it is to comply with mutual obligations, and how quick Job Centres are to cut off people payments for minor rubbish that in many cases is due to Job Centres making mistakes and recipients not fully understanding their obligations.

Actually it’s not that hard to meet your mutual obligations and if you can’t then discuss it with your provider.. 99% of them are decent and if made ware you can’t make an appointment won’t penalise you.. other option is if you don’t want to meet you obligations get off the dole. .. it’s not a right which is what some on the dole believe

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New stats out today, 78% of current Newstart recipients have had it suspended at some point..

Over 60,000 have had it suspended more than 10 times.

Pretty obvious most people aren't using it to help them while they 'look for work'..

Bludgers.

60,000 isn't 'most people'.

I would suspect most of the 78% who have had Newstart suspended was because of Centrelink or the jobseeker agency incompetence. I'm dealing with it first hand and the process is a complete schmozzle.
  • Centrelink massively fails to meet it's service commitments in timeliness for processing claims then dealing with resulting complaints
  • Centrelink tries to push people online but the system is hopeless - so that you have to phone them anyway or go into their office - both with lengthy wait times
  • If the jobseeker agency utensils up your appointment time you will get your Newstart suspended
  • The requirement to apply for 22 jobs per month is bullshit and wastes everyone's time. I've got good IT/business skills and experience and I'm finding about 8 jobs per month that are worth applying for. So before the end of the month I've got to apply for another 14 jobs. So you apply for any old random s**t. If you don't have any decent skills or experience you will probably be faced with applying for 20 jobs per month that you have no hope of getting.

[*]The requirement to apply for 22 jobs per month is bulls**t and wastes everyone's time. I've got good IT/business skills and experience and I'm finding about 8 jobs per month that are worth applying for. So before the end of the month I've got to apply for another 14 jobs. So you apply for any old random s**t. If you don't have any decent skills or experience you will probably be faced with applying for 20 jobs per month that you have no hope of getting.
[/LIST]
Ahem.

Actually it’s not that hard to meet your mutual obligations and if you can’t then discuss it with your provider.. 99% of them are decent and if made ware you can’t make an appointment won’t penalise you.. other option is if you don’t want to meet you obligations get off the dole. .. it’s not a right which is what some on the dole believe

This was relatively true, most of the time. Sometimes though, to get to my meeting with my job provider I had to leave my WFTD activity, drive 40 minutes through peak hour traffic to get the 10 min before the jobs agency closed. Had I ever missed a meeting, I'd have had my payment cut.

As for the bolded, that's great rhetoric from a politician certainly, but how is the Newstart not something that is a right? You are entitled to it by virtue of fulfilling the prerequisites, and you can claim it from the government as long as you are compliant with its rules. Sounds like a right to me.

but they are penalised...

The dole is there to help those who find themselves unemployed. The services provided should be helping those look for work. Sounds like their KPI is to suspend people - the system is broken.

There are many ways to stimulate the economy.
Personally , the working class is better equipped to push money into the economy.
Potentially encouraging people to live without the need to work is a bigger burden.
However of that extra money was provided to centre link recepients then it should be in the form retail cards. Ensuring it is spent on goods

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Sure, there are many ways to stimulate the economy.

My point is that by increasing the dole, that money will come back into the economy and therefore increase tax receipts ie GST.

Also, you need to consider is that the dole should enough to get a job.

If you don’t have a car, and work clothes it’s pretty difficult to get a job.

Plus, their is always losers in the economy and we as a community need to provide for them or they will storming down our door.

but they are penalised...

The dole is there to help those who find themselves unemployed. The services provided should be helping those look for work. Sounds like their KPI is to suspend people - the system is broken.

Can thank abbott for that

So, our unemployed won't work in an abattoir ,because of a plethora of excuses being thrown around here.
Nor will they work in the rural sector full-stop. Because...excuses.
Now we have to, yet again, expand our backpacker visa scheme to fill a yawning gap in labour requirements and availability.
There's already 150,000 overseas backpackers filling the gap!!
Get off your arse and get a job you bludgers!

You’ve got understand that life’s difficulties are experienced by people other than Queensland farmers and miners.

Mental health problems and financial hardship effects others aswell.

And there it is

morriscum straight refuses to raise newstart , says he has " other priorities "

( 7news interview tonight )

I'd be beefing up security if i managed a woolies or coles just quietly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there it is

You see there you go, ScoMo is already creating even more jobs!

And there it is

Morrison actually thinks the people were voting FOR him.

These idiots will maneuver themselves out of government.

Morrison actually thinks the people were voting FOR him.

These idiots will maneuver themselves out of government.

Will they though ?.....
Thor.jpg

Literally couldn't have been any worse and got voted back in , they could do absolutely nothing for the next 3 years and the same cucks would still vote for them

Will they though ?.....
View attachment 718924

Literally couldn't have been any worse and got voted back in , they could do absolutely nothing for the next 3 years and the same cucks would still vote for them
Surely Labor wont **** it up again and play it more safely this time.

Surely Labor wont **** it up again and play it more safely this time.
They'd better get sucking that murdoch knob quicksmart then !!!

That said , not sure what labor can offer that the libs haven't already dished up on a plate for them........

Last edited:
* Lloyd Christmas voice *

So you're telling me it's a reason ?......
Went too hard with policies like negative gearing and franking credits, people worried about how much their climate change policies would cost? Also people not liking Shorten compared to ScoMo which I didn't really understand to be honest.

Went too hard with policies like negative gearing and franking credits, people worried about how much their climate change policies would cost? Also people not liking Shorten compared to ScoMo which I didn't really understand to be honest.
I never said it was the only reason

Sounds fair as long as all members of parliament have to submit to them as well.

Seriously though why bother.
Only reason he's done it is to shut the crowd up , hence my " got under his skin " comment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back