Preview Changes & Preview - Yartapuulti vs Hawks Round 10 Sunday May 19th @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not trolling.

I'll tell you why I defend Jed.

For one, he seems like a nice young man who is doing his best and playing a selfless role that the coaches are asking him to as a player with relatively less talent and as probably a significantly lower paid member of the squad than almost all other first team regulars.

But more importantly, imagining myself running out there, Jed is the type of teammate I'd want. Selfless, plays his role, puts his head over the ball and never shirks the contest. I know what I'm going to get from him and I know I can rely on him, albeit with skill limitation. Plenty of others I'd be wondering what version of them I'm getting today, whether they're going to be fair dinkum or if they'll just phone it in today. And that's why I'll always defend a guy like Jed. Effort and mindset is absolutely number one.
He comes across as a humble and likeable young man. But you can find a lot of players just as likeable and who put in as much effort but who aren’t up to it. I saw quite a few players just like in the Magpies/North yesterday. Putting their bodies on the line for their club.

But they’re not playing AFL footy for a good reason - they aren’t AFL capable in terms of skills, decision making, athleticism etc.

To me, Jed isn’t AFL quality and will never be. Character, effort and mindset aren’t enough justification to play in the most elite footy competition.

I think he’s just lucky Hinkley is the coach. Not Jed’s fault - it’s all on Hinkley

Apart from hit outs, statistically was down in all categories on Sweets last game vs the Crows.

In terms of general play and mobility/dexterity around the ground Sweet is ahead of Dante.

Sure it's good seeing Dante battling away and getting an opportunity, but will get towelled up against more damaging and physical rucks at this stage. I would play them both next week to see if they have any synergy.
Thats so wrong man. Visentini was getting back to help in defence all game. He is just a better player than Sweet.

It's not trolling.

I'll tell you why I defend Jed.

For one, he seems like a nice young man who is doing his best and playing a selfless role that the coaches are asking him to as a player with relatively less talent and as probably a significantly lower paid member of the squad than almost all other first team regulars.

But more importantly, imagining myself running out there, Jed is the type of teammate I'd want. Selfless, plays his role, puts his head over the ball and never shirks the contest. I know what I'm going to get from him and I know I can rely on him, albeit with skill limitation. Plenty of others I'd be wondering what version of them I'm getting today, whether they're going to be fair dinkum or if they'll just phone it in today. And that's why I'll always defend a guy like Jed. Effort and mindset is absolutely number one.
Good stuff Roby never admit the troll

Sinn needs to stay in.. get some solid games into him and see his confidence sky rocket... The lad has had a s**t 3-4 years.

I suspect he's going to get a real decent run at it. Port just want him in and will carry him for a while if they have to.

Haven't watched the replay and the only time I noticed him was a kick in that looked ok and the ball he scrubed going forward. I actually didn't mind the ball he scrubed at the time because he at least lowered his eyes and didn't bomb it long.

Why Why drop Visentini ? Have you watched his game against Geelong ? He is gun and Sweet is an average role player .
Visentini - beat the worst ruckman in the league. Well done to him. Probably broke even with Blicavs.

Sweet - took the chocolates against Rowan Marshall who is top 3 and broke even with ROB, who is top 5.

I watched the game. Sweet is slightly better at the moment.

Visentini - beat the worst ruckman in the league. Well done to him. Probably broke even with Blicavs.

Sweet - took the chocolates against Rowan Marshall who is top 3 and broke even with ROB, who is top 5.

I watched the game. Sweet is slightly better at the moment.
Vis has a higher ceiling and time on his side. Sweet is ready to compete now so I agree that he comes in.

Well Soldo and Sweet ain't going anywhere but Dante will have decent trade value as we are overstocked.

We really do need draft picks as we've heavily traded those away the last few years. The list constantly needs freshing with youth otherwise our playing will age quickly leaving gaps to fill via more expensive trades.

I hate trading good young players but also don't want to limit his opportunities either as he is 3rd in the queue.is 2nd in queue .

Well Soldo and Sweet ain't going anywhere but Dante will have decent trade value as we are overstocked.

We really do need draft picks as we've heavily traded those away the last few years. The list constantly needs freshing with youth otherwise our playing will age quickly leaving gaps to fill via more expensive trades.

I hate trading good young players but also don't want to limit his opportunities either as he is 3rd in the queue.
Dante is 2nd in queue . He got the skills to be the best ruckman in the league . It will be super crazy to give talented ruckman for fresher draftee . On the other hand , sweet is 26 and spent 8 years of afl career to be a role player ruckman . Even we should trade sweet to bring in Dante' brother Virgo to PAFC .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall

35 hit outs
28 disposals
536 metres gained.
11 stoppage clearances
11 tackles
8 inside 50s

Meek " We'll call it a draw."
Just gonna say watch the game and watch Marshall hack it straight down defenders throats, I’m glad he had 28 disposals, can’t kick or handball.

I hope Sweet is back for you guys, will be a good test again as I rate him.

Dante is as good if not better than Sweet now.

Sweet vs Marshall when Marshall was on one leg for 3 and a half quarters doesn't count. Marshall should not have been out there.

Dante matched ROB against Geelong.

Preseason Dante certainly matched Sweet. Sweet got first shot when Soldo went down because we probably promised him the world to get him over here. It's a bit embarrassing to put him behind Dante from day one.

The right call for Port is getting games into Dante now. Dante is going past both Soldo and Sweet next year.

In my opinion Meek will try to wrestle Sweet and even though Sweet is taller I would hope that Dante can jump and not go body to body with Meek. I think Dante is the better match up.

Do we have a bit of depth at the moment?

Rozee, Jones, Burgoyne, Powell-Pepper, Soldo, Sweet on the sidelines.

Plus Lord only just returning through the SANFL plus McKenzie injured but a more than handy backup defender.

It's why I never buy the 'we lack depth' discussion. By AFL standards, our depth is actually not bad.

Glad I’m not the only one that thinks this, weird how some players become whipping boys…
Jones had a poor game against Melbourne, where he dropped simple marks and cost us goals. Since then his hands have steadily got more secure and his kicking has been pretty good. Sinn's kicking was disappointing last match and cost us a couple of goals because they went straight to Geelong players who set up team mates. Hopefully Sinn's kicking will benefit from more exposure to the speed and pressure of AFL. I like Sinns pace and would love to see him live up to the plaudits from the coaches regarding his ability.

Plus Lord only just returning through the SANFL plus McKenzie injured but a more than handy backup defender.

It's why I never buy the 'we lack depth' discussion. By AFL standards, our depth is actually not bad.
You have to put Lord in there as well. I think he will be pushing Finlayson as the forward, 2nd ruck or just KPF.

And yeah, McKenzie is a very good KPD back up defender.

That's 8 guys. That's pretty good.

The combination of injuries to AFL and SANFL listed players hasn’t been great for fielding a competitive SANFL team though.

Particularly in the midfield, Port has been lucky to only have 1 starting 23 mid out at a time and being able to use Mead.

I agree that ruck and developing key position player depth is good. Just not sure if Port have too many AFL ready mids/half backs/half forwards left until a few guys get fit.

Totally agree. I have high hopes for Sinn, he just needs to stay fit and get games under his belt. Jones has peaked and that peak isn't good enough for AFL imo.

Peaked, lol he’s 22, I’m all for having Sinn over Jones, but no way he’s peaked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back