Character

Remove this Banner Ad

Westy Boy

All Australian
Aug 10, 2000
Smeltona (DOGS)
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know this may be bad timing, but you guys showed a lot of it tonight.

It would have been very easy for your players to just blame the weeks events and fall away, but instead, they played with passion and pride, and put in 110% in what I considered a pretty strong performance. Also great to see your supporters give them a standing ovation at quarter and full time, recognising their efforts in what must have been a tolling and bloody hard week for them.

Unlucky about the result, but with the likes of Reiwoldt and countless other young guns to step up over the next few years, you'll be back up there in no time.

Cheers.

PS: Give us back Wulf you pricks!! :D

[PS: Give us back Wulf you pricks!! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

No, if Sainter "discovered" Milne, then I "discovered" Wulf & was very happy when he was drafted :)

Thanks anyway Westy. Your thoughts are always appreciated & articulate.

Thanks Westy,

I'm certainly not going to fault the effort of our players tonight. It was just the usual reasons why we lost - poor skill level, decision making, umpiring (I know you notice them more when you lose but fair dinkum they have no idea sometimes ;))

Barry Hall was fantastic tonight. To kick 8 goals in a losing side, often against more than one opponent, was a brilliant effort. I can't speak highly enough of him. His on field discipline has improved immeasurably while despite the one incident earlier this season, he has lifted his act off the field as well. To hear that he is out of contract but that a new contract is close to being finalised is great news. (So back off Sabre, he's staying put :D)

It was exciting to see Nick Riewoldt in action tonight. He looked almost a little overawed last week but tonight flew for marks, presented himself on many occassions and showed a willingness to win the ball at ground level. Koschitzke was again solid down back. I can't believe how good this kid has been. An 18 year old that has played all season as centre half back against some of the better players in the league. Despite making a few errors at times, he worked extremely hard and looks so calm when he gets the ball.

Daniel Wulf!

:D :D :D

Savatage does deserve the credit for continually pushing the draft Wulf campaign last year and the play Wulf campaign this year. The funny thing is that he had been starved of opportunities for Springvale all season. He was promoted to the side for his first game 2 weeks ago, coming off a VFL game where he only played for a half, and has shown a lot of his more senior teammates how to play. Perhaps this shows that some players rise to the occassion in the big time while they struggle in the lower forms of the game.

Congratulations on the win. The bulldogs thoroughly deserved it. You have focused on a few of our youngsters. How good does Patrick Bowden look? When he gets his chance it looks like you have another key forward coming though.

PS - And congratulations to Shane Warne. Once again he is proudly displaying the St Kilda colours on the balcony of Lords. Hope you rip through the poms this innings. :D

When i was watching the game i was like whos this bloke no.30 and then some guy yells out its WULF and i nearly chocked hes a farken gun, yeah can we have him back. Riewoldt looks real good so does koschitke.

Wulf - I'll put my hand up for delisting the Wulf... I had only seen him play a couple of games in the Springvale team and he had just played okay... but he has really stepped up in the senior side.. good overhead, just needs to improve his decision making but alot of St Kilda players need that... he's now on my keep list.. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back