Sep 17, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs
Good on you Granty
286100aj.jpg

I feel like I want to write Chris a letter of appreciation.

Champion. Respect of the highest regard for this man.

I remember his first game, was my favourite player from Day 1. Funny enough the player I loved as a kid before Grant was Tony McGuinness. From memory we got SFA for him when left for the Crows.

Legend, legend......dead-set legend.

Top bloke, top bloke.

The words of Gavin & Neville ring in my ears every time I see an image of the great man.

Give Granty his brownlow!

Yeah! :)

I planned on posting*** the image in my avatar [if you have a magnifying glass] which was on a card I now have framed and on the wall at work. Gold.

*** but when I searched for it on the net the only image I found some flog had attached a dumb comment to it

Stayed for less money, is a one club 300 game player,a legend of the club.

And is a millionaire to boot. Go Figure.

Multi-Millionaire thanks to a little bit of help in property advice from a few succesful business men involved with the club

Don't remember all the exact details. But granty's first season-unknown 105 pick 17 year old-I backed him against a swans mate who backed a highly fancied sa or wa or even tassie recruit-Shane Fell-as to who would kick the most goals.
A silly bet. I hated Sydney. Fair to say that I am writing this a bit impaired. But I won the bet. Shane Fell kicked a bag early. Then Granty went on to become, which I think still, is a record, to be the youngest player ever to kick over 50 goals in a season.
Good times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember his first game, was my favourite player from Day 1. Funny enough the player I loved as a kid before Grant was Tony McGuinness. From memory we got SFA for him when left for the Crows.

This.

Old man bought me a new jumper in early 1990 - I had a "29" ironed on the back immediately.

Probably the main reason that a 11 year old kid living in WA, with no connection whatsoever to Victoria let alone Footscray, decided to support the Bulldogs, and never looked back.

Probably too young to fully appreciate just how good he was in the mid-late 90s, but the way he presented himself on and off the field until the day he finished up is a true testament to the man

Its a shame such loyalty in football will be unlikely again

Funny thing is, I had Ward pegged as a similar personality to Granty.

Still hoping that's the case...
No, but Ryan Griffen turned down bigger offers from Adelaide & Essendon to re-sign with the Bulldogs.

Grant, Johnno, Smith and West were the main reasons I was straight onto the doggies after Fitzroy went under. As a mate of mine who follows the tigers once said "if you don't like those blokes, you don't like football".
Very true.

wonder if granty has had a chat to callam ward yet. Dont know if it would make much difference but if any bloke could give him the good oil about being a one club player with the dogs granty would be the man.

Big Grgic fan?

(Or did he start at 28 then move to 1?)

Pretty sure he was 28, think the great Darryl Griffin may have been 29 for a while? Chris Grant is comfortably the best player I've seen at the dogs and without doubt the best ambassador for the club, class act all around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back