Chris Masten biting allegation

Remove this Banner Ad

To think I was hoping for a West Coast/Fremantle grand final up until today.
Now, I hope the the Eagles get bundled out in straight sets, and we play the Hawks.
Bastards don't deserve to be anywhere near a GF.

Sivlagni as a Freo player:
"Guilty, sir. I'm sorry, what will my penalty be?"

Silvagni if he was an Eagle:
"arseh*le shoved his face into my arm, I had no choice. It should be him in front of this tribunal, not me!"

Clear difference in accountability. Silvagni is a man, Masten is... not.
Aw Diddums. The world should turn just the way you want shouldn't it.

Now, I hope the the Eagles get bundled out in straight sets, and we play the Hawks.

"arseh*le shoved his face into my arm, I had no choice. It should be him in front of this tribunal, not me!"

Seriously get your bias Freo hat off. Silvagni sniped a player off the ball. Masten was attacked and right or wrong, defended himself.

If you think Silvagni is a man, I guess your in favour of people getting let of for kit kings/ coward punches if they say sorry?

You honestly thing Freo/ Silvagni is a saint?

That's why I want to see a Derr-bee GF

so having the point of the elbow driven into your cheek 70m off the ball is worth the same as having someone stuff their forearm into your mouth in a high/crude tackle?

you should see if you can get on the tribunal. you are eminently qualified.
It seems the common theme in his defence that biting is okay now.

The Tribunal didn't have the guts to actually give him a penalty despite finding him guilty. Shows they weren't at all convinced and we should appeal it for sure. Should get zero if they do it properly the second time around.
I see it the other way. Once a guilty verdict came down the prosecution was weak recommending 3-4. should've been at least 4-5 recommendation hoping to get 3 which i believe is slightly on the lenient side for an offence such as biting.

Jog on mate. Freo were the instigators in both cases. Sure it is unsavoury to bite but I would far rather take a bite (with a mouthgaurd covering the top chompers) than an unexpected elbow to the jaw at full impact. The bite occurred as a reflexive self defence act, irrespective of how your warped mind processes the incident.

It seems the common theme in his defence that biting is okay now.

no. his defence was based around the biting being involuntary. and its probably closest to the truth.

if you stuff your arm in someones mouth then drop your weight on their back, you are going to get bit. nowhere is this the person underneaths fault.

silly decision. needs to be appealed.

Agree with some others, 2 weeks is a bit of an each way bet. If he was really found guilty beyond doubt of intentional biting you'd think it should be more (4-6?). But, assuming there were some extenuating circumstances he gets away with 2 weeks - not guilt free, but diminished guilt because of subans actions.

About the right penalty to satisfy most parties and avoid appeals.
Stop being so even handed and logical.

so having the point of the elbow driven into your cheek 70m off the ball is worth the same as having someone stuff their forearm into your mouth in a high/crude tackle?

you should see if you can get on the tribunal. you are eminently qualified.

Well you can just make stuff up like 'high/crude' tackle. That's just a complete fabrication. It wasn't even a free kick during the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You strike me as a bit special.

I think a fair outcome where both parties played a part in the incident. Obviously Masten being the most culpable.

Next derby will be a cracker. Looking forward to it. Especially with Nic Nat back to rag doll a few scrags like Suban.

2 weeks for being found guilty of biting doesn't make much sense to me.

Either you're not guilty of deliberately biting and shouldn't be suspended or you are guilty of deliberately biting and should be out for 4-6 weeks.

Seems like this penalty reflects uncertainty about his guilt.

Bingo...

Seems like a half measure

Jog on mate. Freo were the instigators in both cases. Sure it is unsavoury to bite but I would far rather take a bite (with a mouthgaurd covering the top chompers) than an unexpected elbow to the jaw at full impact. The bite occurred as a reflexive self defence act, irrespective of how your warped mind processes the incident.
Both disgraceful acts, but I hardly think a punishment could be decided on the basis of you playing a game of "which would you rather".

Seriously get your bias Freo hat off. Silvagni sniped a player off the ball. Masten was attacked and right or wrong, defended himself.

If you think Silvagni is a man, I guess your in favour of people getting let of for kit kings/ coward punches if they say sorry?

You honestly thing Freo/ Silvagni is a saint?
Nope, didn't say anything of the sort. Nearly the entire Freo board knew Silvagni was gone, out of the finals, and we were basically thinking he was an idiot.
He deserved weeks and we knew it.

You mob? Go take a long look at yourselves.

Here we go folks, Chris is posting under this username if anyone is interested.

Apparently belting someone in the back of the head makes someone a 'man'. What a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back