Society & Culture Community Programs - Volunteers Needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This thread is designed for people to promote community programs that rely on volunteers to keep going. Also, for people interested in volunteering to find opportunities to get involved in their local area. The people who need the most help and the organisations that support them have been hit hard by Coronavirus. Hopefully this helps in some small way. 🙂

images - 2020-07-15T223154.916.jpeg

Thanks for approving Chief!

I'll kick it off. I volunteer for a youth mentoring program called L2P in Vic. Learners need to do 120 hours driving practice before they can get their licence. There's plenty of disadvantaged kids who don't have a car or an adult to help them do this, so they can't get a licence. I supervise them driving 120 hours.
If you enjoy driving and working with kids, this is a great program for you to get involved with. Just google L2P.

Last edited:

I'll kick it off. I volunteer for a youth mentoring program called L2P in Vic. Learners need to do 120 hours driving practice before they can go for their licence. There's plenty of kids who don't have a car or an adult to help them do this, so they can't get a licence until they're 21. I supervise them driving 120 hours, not in my own car though. Getting a licence at the end is great, so they can get to jobs and education more easily. But it's a mentoring program as well, so you can give them life advice etc
If you enjoy driving and working with kids, this is a great program for you to get involved with. Just google L2P in your local council to find a program near you. Eg "L2P Kingston"

Sounds like a brilliant program. Good stuff :thumbsupv1: :thumbsupv1:
(and also a problem/issue that one might not necessarily think about or knew about)

I need a srs break from kids tho lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back