Coreen and District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Because (and no thanks to the Billabong Crows) the CDFL is knackered and the PDFL has a future.

The league was not 'knackered' by the Crows.
It was 'knackered' before they decided they didn't want to go to the Picola league, that's why the Picola option was on the table.
Lack of players in the area which forced mergers and teams into recess over the past few years is a sign of the times, but established clubs like Magpies and Wahgunyah doing their best to desert was the death knell if you really want to cast blame.

I, personally, am not blaming anybody, it's just a sad fact of life in country football.

The league was not 'knackered' by the Crows.
It was 'knackered' before they decided they didn't want to go to the Picola league, that's why the Picola option was on the table.
Lack of players in the area which forced mergers and teams into recess over the past few years is a sign of the times, but established clubs like Magpies and Wahgunyah doing their best to desert was the death knell if you really want to cast blame.

I, personally, am not blaming anybody, it's just a sad fact of life in country football.

Yeah - I didn't put it right. The CDFL was and is knackered. But the Crows knackered the Picola option.

Yeah - I didn't put it right. The CDFL was and is knackered. But the Crows knackered the Picola option.

mate everytime you come on here all you do is have cry about how the crows buggered it all up!!!! the crows havent done shit!!!! the crows dont have control over all the club!! they can go were they want to go!!!! if the other clubs want to go into the picola they can just because the crows didnt want to go into doesnt mean that the other clubs cant!!! people like you annoy me so much!!!

mate everytime you come on here all you do is have cry about how the crows buggered it all up!!!! the crows havent done shit!!!! the crows dont have control over all the club!! they can go were they want to go!!!! if the other clubs want to go into the picola they can just because the crows didnt want to go into doesnt mean that the other clubs cant!!! people like you annoy me so much!!!

Don't want to go over old ground (and perhaps I shouldn't have reignited this blue) but the facts are that the VCFL called off the picola thing as soon as the crows changed tack and decided they preferred the Hume league. Obviously the VCFL &/or PDFL have changed their tune a bit in since letting Jerilderie in (but they were happy to take 1 team to cut out their bye next season and they do not want any more inclusions now so you are incorrect in saying that the other clubs can go where they want).

However, I speak for a lot of Rennie, Jerilderie and Coly people who are directly effected by this and are now a bit bewildered by the crows now putting together a petition to keep the CDFL going (with the inclusion hopefully of some PDFL Clubs). The horse has bolted and as far as the 3 above mentioned clubs are concerned the crows were the ones who opened the bloody gate!

Mate I was at the crows / rennie game yesterday and spoke to a few crows people. The Oaklands blokes are blaming the Urana blokes for this balls up and wouldn't you know it, when I spoke to the Urana blokes they were into the Oaklands side of the club. The right arm doesn't know what the left is doing there. Good blokes that there are at the crows the fact is that their (or at least their representative's) poor judgement on this issue looks like effecting the other clubs adversely. Call it whinging if you like but gees there's plenty of whingers then at these other clubs. The fact is Footy Mad is that I am willing taking personalities out of this by pointing out the poor politics and decision making that has gone on here.

Correct me if I'm wrong Footy Mad but be mature about it and cut the attacks. Talk to people from those other clubs I mentioned and by all means set me straight if I'm wrong. ;)

Corowa-R'glen Poachers

I have heard that Corowa-R'glen is trying to poach a few players from Wahgunyah next season.
They have put up a few dollars up and are keen for these players having already spoken to them.

Ray Robins
Manni Callow
Matt Duryea
Malcolm Smith

Do you think these blokes will jump ship to the O&M for a few more dollars or will they stay at Wahgunyah?

how about we stop the bitch fights and talk about this weekends footy what were the games like

Fair enough. Crows too good for Rennie as expected. Rennie put up the usual good contest but fitness and and a few class players short of a win this season. Although the crows won easily they didn't justify the big wraps their game and some of their recruits have been getting. They look a very even side with and look pretty well coached. But on yesterday's game I can see CDHBU, Coly or the Tigers having every chance of knocking them off in the finals on a good day. Anyone there yesterday who has seen a few more crows games this year? Have they looked better than yesterday or did Rennie drag them down?

Wasn't at the Coly game but see they whacked Jerilderie. That must be a blow to the Demons who were fancying themselves a bit earlier in the season. Coly seem a bit hot and cold - beating CDHBU, then a belting from the Tiges, then whacking Jerilderie. My Coly mates told me last night that they have a few blokes coming back into the side now from injury so they might come home strong in the finals.

By the looks of it any one of Coly, CDHBU, Wahgunyah or the Crows took take the flag. Should be a great finals series.

Re: Corowa-R'glen Poachers

I have heard that Corowa-R'glen is trying to poach a few players from Wahgunyah next season.
They have put up a few dollars up and are keen for these players having already spoken to them.

Ray Robins
Manni Callow
Matt Duryea
Malcolm Smith

Do you think these blokes will jump ship to the O&M for a few more dollars or will they stay at Wahgunyah?

You must surely be joking. None of the above would have any impact in OandM footy where the skill level goes up a big notch. Razor and mittsy are 35 and why would they be interested now when they weren't at 25? Yes they were able to play OM in their day but those days are gone.

You must surely be joking. None of the above would have any impact in OandM footy where the skill level goes up a big notch. Razor and mittsy are 35 and why would they be interested now when they weren't at 25? Yes they were able to play OM in their day but those days are gone.

Spot on Browny.

Razor and Mitzy are guns and have been guns for a long time, but they are at least seven or eight years past O and M. I don't know enough about Callow, who appears to be having a good year but was Wahgunyah seconds last year.
Duryea is still young (only 20 maybe?) and may have played a senior game or two with the Roos last year. He's the only one in that group that would be worth getting over.

Don't want to go over old ground (and perhaps I shouldn't have reignited this blue) but the facts are that the VCFL called off the picola thing as soon as the crows changed tack and decided they preferred the Hume league. Obviously the VCFL &/or PDFL have changed their tune a bit in since letting Jerilderie in (but they were happy to take 1 team to cut out their bye next season and they do not want any more inclusions now so you are incorrect in saying that the other clubs can go where they want).

However, I speak for a lot of Rennie, Jerilderie and Coly people who are directly effected by this and are now a bit bewildered by the crows now putting together a petition to keep the CDFL going (with the inclusion hopefully of some PDFL Clubs). The horse has bolted and as far as the 3 above mentioned clubs are concerned the crows were the ones who opened the bloody gate!

Mate I was at the crows / rennie game yesterday and spoke to a few crows people. The Oaklands blokes are blaming the Urana blokes for this balls up and wouldn't you know it, when I spoke to the Urana blokes they were into the Oaklands side of the club. The right arm doesn't know what the left is doing there. Good blokes that there are at the crows the fact is that their (or at least their representative's) poor judgement on this issue looks like effecting the other clubs adversely. Call it whinging if you like but gees there's plenty of whingers then at these other clubs. The fact is Footy Mad is that I am willing taking personalities out of this by pointing out the poor politics and decision making that has gone on here.

Correct me if I'm wrong Footy Mad but be mature about it and cut the attacks. Talk to people from those other clubs I mentioned and by all means set me straight if I'm wrong. ;)

What is the news on 08.
Jerilderie to PDFL
What is happening with the rest of the comp?

good to see so many top young players coming through. You could make a fair under 21 team out of the comp. players like avard,bryce,lane, duryea,heath,night,hicks,mills etc :thumbsu:

What is the news on 08.
Jerilderie to PDFL
What is happening with the rest of the comp?

Well at this stage we're in a bit of strife. Noone seems to know whether Jerilderie's admittance to the PDFL is subject to a clearance from the CDFL or the NSWACTFL. That may also apply to Wahgunyah's TDFL and CDHBU's HDFL aspirations. The HDFL do not want to have the rest of the CDFL clubs dumped on them - I don't know what their position is on taking CDHBU only. The HDFL were unhappy about having the Murray Magpies forced upon them last year and I would expect them to fight the authorities a bit harder this time around. It's a terrible situation for the CDFL clubs to be in so late in the season. And to think we were so close to being able to do something with those northern PDFL Clubs .... But I dare not mention which club mucked that one up!

Spot on Browny.

Razor and Mitzy are guns and have been guns for a long time, but they are at least seven or eight years past O and M. I don't know enough about Callow, who appears to be having a good year but was Wahgunyah seconds last year.
Duryea is still young (only 20 maybe?) and may have played a senior game or two with the Roos last year. He's the only one in that group that would be worth getting over.

Manni Callow played the first two games last year for the reserves before playing the remainder of the season out in the 1's.

I believe he is doing a great job holding the backline together at Wahgunyah this season.

Get your facts right first Browny

If he did go over to Corowa-R'glen he would be a handy player in their 2'nds as they are strugling for numbers in their reserves!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manni Callow played the first two games last year for the reserves before playing the remainder of the season out in the 1's.

I believe he is doing a great job holding the backline together at Wahgunyah this season.

Get your facts right first Browny

If he did go over to Corowa-R'glen he would be a handy player in their 2'nds as they are strugling for numbers in their reserves!!!

No argument from me KK about manny callow. I didn't mention him in my post though unfortunately.

Simply making the point that Corowa would not be "throwing money at them" as these blokes would only be two's players as you say. Corowa doesn't have yarra's money for example to spend on shoring up the two's.

good to see so many top young players coming through. You could make a fair under 21 team out of the comp. players like avard,bryce,lane, duryea,heath,night,hicks,mills etc :thumbsu:

yeah very true sadly alot of the players couldn't play in the interleague games would definitly have made a big difference especially in the earlier games against nothern riverina and with such good kids coming through hopefully the league or at least the clubs can put together dtrong teams in future

My CDFL Top 10 players after round 13

SENIORS

Ben Nash (Jerilderie) 68
Andrew McGown (Coleambally) 62
Mark House (CDHBU) 59
Evan Fealy (Billabong Crows) 47
Stuart Way (Jerilderie) 47
Ray Robins (Wahgunyah) 46
Tyson Moloney (Billabong Crows) 43
Brian Eales (Wahgunyah) 42
Tom Bryce (Jerilderie) 39
Matt Duryea (Wahgunyah) 39
Ben Kerr (Billabong Crows) 39

RESERVES

Ian Bock (CDHBU) 59
Steve Johnson (Wahgunyah) 54
Danny Dinan (Wahgunyah) 51
Trevor Eldridge (Jerilderie) 46
Wayne Coster (Coleambally) 43
Jack Williams (Jerilderie) 42
Jordan Wilson (CDHBU) 42
Paul Phibbs (CDHBU) 41
Pat Beattie (Billabong Crows) 38
Andy Norman (CDHBU) 38

THIRDS

Matt Grantham (Wahgunyah) 82
Rhylee Deas (Wahgunyah) 77
Jack Williams (Jerilderie) 77
Darcy Bell (Jerilderie) 71
Heath Northey (Wahgunyah) 66
Cameron Sandral (Rennie) 61
Jack Payne (Jerilderie) 56
Jack Pieri (Wahgunyah) 55
Hayden Heath (Coleambally) 54
Chris Lewis (Rennie) 48
Luke Moloney (Wahgunyah) 48

FOURTHS

Hayden Dalitz (Billabong Crows) 103
Kane Barbour (CDHBU) 101
Rohan Lyell (Coleambally) 64
Dan Howe (Rennie) 63
Dylan Henery (Jerilderie) 58
Kade Wilson (CDHBU) 57
Hayden Filliponi (CDHBU) 55
Nick Gooch (Rennie) 52
Corban O'Malley (Coleambally) 52
Ben Wilson (CDHBU) 50

we have Mathoura who are Demons colours and logo but call them selfs the Timercutters, PDFL has already told Jerilderie that they have to change. Shepp and Dookie had to, so they do.

Fair enough, I didn't know what Mathoura wore.
Jerilderie would have to go something totally different. They couldn't just reverse their jumper because it would be too similar to Blighty.
What are the 15 options that are taken?

Thanks Magic, but that says Mathoura wears the Bombers jumper - the same as Waaia.
I would say an option for Jerilderie could be Geelong's hoops in recognition of Billy Brownless, especially as the other Kats appear to wear Carlton-like jumpers.

That's blue and red not black, but that could be seen as clash. Could Jerilderie where that with finley being the same, some Jerilderie members might see that as sacrileges, but it wouldn't clash with anybody else, for the moment anyway!

That's blue and red not black, but that could be seen as clash. Could Jerilderie where that with finley being the same, some Jerilderie members might see that as sacrileges, but it wouldn't clash with anybody else, for the moment anyway!

Didn't think of Finley. Yes, that could be an issue, being the next door neighbour. But if Mathoura does clash with Waaia like that, then maybe Jerilderie's jumper, which has a big picture of a Demon on it rather than being just Melbourne style, could survive. A royal or lighter blue instead of navy would do the job.
If you look on AFL style jumpers though, there's still Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Fremantle and Hawthorn available as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back