Podcast Corey McKernan Interview

Remove this Banner Ad

125th night was nutz.

Got there with my Pies mate and we had to sit right up the top of the city end stand right beside the old big tv scoreboard such was the crowd size and those awful wooden seats.

We won though.

Stayed up till midnight to watch the delayed telecast in Qld -

"Longmire how's your lollies on this one!" courtesy of Sandy Roberts lol.

Loved how Gerard Healy was telling Bruce M not to give up on a Carey-less North so quickly in the 2nd quarter. Then in the last quarter Gerard reminded him of it:)

Magnificent work guys...I was completely spellbound during that entire interview. Thanks a lot for the podcast in general, I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort. Makes a massive positive difference to my week every week. I like and listen to the more official podcast as well but I prefer the more irreverent approach of Stern Look.....I was gutted when there was talk of binning it.

I posted on the main board too, but thank you for your effort in conducting the interview and posting here. Corey is one of the nicest blokes going around, and is too humble about his ability. He was the first ruckman I saw with the agility around the ground, combined with a great contested mark, and massive kick. When it all clicked together, it deservedly had him win the AFL MVP. And his GF were massive too.

Great to hear his kids don't have an option to support any other club.

Finally found time to listen to this Interview with Corey McKernan.

Awesome work guys in getting him on the show in the first place. Secondly it was a great interview and I was genuinely surprised at some of the answers from Corey. Learnt a lot from it.

I appreciate the effort and time that goes into this and thank you for it.

125th night was nutz.

Got there with my Pies mate and we had to sit right up the top of the city end stand right beside the old big tv scoreboard such was the crowd size and those awful wooden seats.

We won though.

Had the added bonus of ruining Tony Shaw's 300th game as well.

Thanks guys, that was a great interview!

One of my most embarrasing memories, was asking who I thought was Adam McCarthy (back in 1993 pre-season practice match) if he'd mind signing my "massive" Wayne Carey poster, only to be told by Johnny Longmire (who I was there with) that I'd just asked Corey to sign it. I thought "who? oh well, I guess I can rub it off later" only to be told by Horse, "keep an eye on that boy, he's going to be a very good player for us in time". And that comment by Horse, has turned out to be a massive "understatement" lol

Corey is a "Legend" :thumbsu:

a3d1d43635aa260ca5f0d8f4076161df.jpg

One of my most embarrasing memories, was asking who I thought was Adam McCarthy (back in 1993 pre-season practice match) if he'd mind signing my "massive" Wayne Carey poster, only to be told by Johnny Longmire (who I was there with) that I'd just asked Corey to sign it. I thought "who? oh well, I guess I can rub it off later" only to be told by Horse, "keep an eye on that boy, he's going to be a very good player for us in time". And that comment by Horse, has turned out to be a massive "understatement" lol

I do believe that pic is from the famous Vic Park 1993 win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work lads. Corey is my all time favorite - literally used to sleep with my Sherrin KB signed by McKernan. Never even got kicked that footy, until my mate pinched it for a kick & lost it. He was a * supporter too :thumbsdown:

Loved Corey talking about the Shinboner spirit, and shitting on the marketing aspects. We talk a lot of s**t about Shinboners (even Scotts plays into it), when it really should be some ex-players advocating it. Would love to see him given a role with the kids at the club. Make it happen Euge.

Had the exact same poster (less the signatures) on my wall in the 90s!!

About 2/3 through, it is riviting stuff

One note for anyone who cares, my question about ruckman peaking and fading quickly was not a dig at Goldie. Maric and Minson were AA, and Gawn might have gone the same way. I have a theory that the modern game is killing ruckmans bodies, that was where I was going with that.

One note for anyone who cares, my question about ruckman peaking and fading quickly was not a dig at Goldie. Maric and Minson were AA, and Gawn might have gone the same way. I have a theory that the modern game is killing ruckmans bodies, that was where I was going with that.

Loved his response to Marc & Minson “ I thought we were talking about good ruckmen”
Haha

Your question or mine?

My question was post #18.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the interview with Corey, thank you! There have been comments on Big Footy in the past about former North players who don’t appear to support the Club once they have retired from playing. It was great to hear that Corey (and his girls ) are obviously big North supporters! Thank you to Corey for giving up his time to do the interview! Go North!!

Brilliant stuff boys.

Not the first time I've heard a past player reference Dennis' team based beliefs now assimilate their normal lives.

Great to hear his whole family are brainwashed Roos and gee he hated St Kilda

Every time we beat the Saints from now on I'll be thinking, well Corey will be pleased :)

Great work lads. Corey is my all time favorite - literally used to sleep with my Sherrin KB signed by McKernan. Never even got kicked that footy, until my mate pinched it for a kick & lost it. He was a * supporter too :thumbsdown:
Was that the end of the friendship?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back