Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
I’m not necessarily in agreement with the original post but “what would you have done”… in this random, pointless hypothetical alternate reality where someone is the Premier is there actually an answer that would satisfy you?

It’s always an odd thing. Dan should be immune to criticism because you random person on the Internet would not have been able to do a better job.

Regarding your first point, don't know, i can't remember any attempts at one. I have my own ideas though.

As for Dan, he shouldn't be immune to criticism at all. I didn't vote for him at the last election either...

How many people losing their homes, their businesses etc is acceptable as they try to open up under tough new restrictions after being sold for a year plus that vaccines would come and save them?

People want to come on here and quote suicide stats being down like 18 months of this bullshit isn’t going to eventually catch up with all of us. It won’t be mass suicides. It will be slow declines into mental illness. Miserable adults, broken kids. You name it.

I guess they don’t matter because they don’t have Covid.
I was asking where the line is for you. It appears for Andrews it's pretty low.

I've said I would like to have seen something more than what we got but less than what NSW is doing as I think they are in for a world of hurt when they open up to the extent they plan on doing at 70%

We shall see what happens though.

The bigger issue is that we've not had the support during lockdowns that we needed and won't have the support during the easing that we need.

If it was me making the rules the curfew would be gone as of right now. It serves no legit purpose.

I'd also not have this 10km to 15km to 25km Radius thing just let people in Metro Melbourne go as far as they need to see friends or family

I think if people are vaccinated they should be able to see each other in home right now as well. What's the point of me and my parents all being fully vaccinated if we can't actually see each other.

I'd also like to know what the plan is for the arts sector to reopen

Usual politics, make out it will be terrible then claim success for stopping it get that bad when it never would have been in the first place.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah the numbers they quoted weren't from the lower side of the models, maybe even not the most likely range

Dan can fu** off if he wants to mandate vaccinations for teachers.
Out of curiosity whats ur issue with getting a vaccine?

Ur not gonna be able to travel in the next few years at a minimun without it, or do anything for the matter?

No matter what your beliefs are on it, its mind boggling to me why people wont just get the thing

Dan can fu** off if he wants to mandate vaccinations for teachers.

Wouldn't want to be in the position of this mother as a teacher... she has to live with this now for the rest of her life.

I love the justification of the pro lockdowners.

"this is a 1 in 100 year pandemic"

I'm happy to bet my left nut we'll see another global virus within 20-40 years.

"think of the health care and workers"

Girlfriend who is a nurse and staunch lefty realises we can't keep this up, regardless of death it will happen no matter what.
The health care workers are already burnt out in Victoria from lockdowns, ten of thousands of death isn't going to change it. They've already experienced the s**t, my girlfriend comes home from bruisers from PPE while not even having cases. She sees death constantly already, afew more ain't going to change it.

In August, the FDA granted further emergency authorization to Regeneron’s cocktail for use as post-exposure prophylaxis, or PEP. Unvaccinated or immunocompromised people at risk of severe Covid who have been in close contact with someone who tested positive can receive a preventive infusion or subcutaneous injection of Regen-Cov, ideally within four days of exposure.

The New England Journal of Medicine reported that of 1,505 participants who initially tested negative for Sars-Cov-2, the antibody injection lowered their risk of symptomatic infection by 81% over four weeks.

Regeneron is in talks with the FDA about securing emergency authorization for Regen-Cov as PrEP.
The protocol would probably entail monthly injections; the cocktail’s half-life is approximately that long.
Unvaccinated and immunocompromised individuals are already allowed to follow that protocol under the FDA’s PEP authorization, provided they live or work in an institutional setting, such as a nursing home or prison, where ongoing coronavirus exposure is expected.

“For individuals with weakened, suppressed or no immune response to vaccination” prophylactic antibody injections offer “a realistic alternative to perpetual isolation and risk for serious illness or death from Covid-19”.

I love the justification of the pro lockdowners.

"this is a 1 in 100 year pandemic"

I'm happy to bet my left nut we'll see another global virus within 20-40 years.

"think of the health care and workers"

Girlfriend who is a nurse and staunch lefty realises we can't keep this up, regardless of death it will happen no matter what.
The health care workers are already burnt out in Victoria from lockdowns, ten of thousands of death isn't going to change it. They've already experienced the sh*t, my girlfriend comes home from bruisers from PPE while not even having cases. She sees death constantly already, afew more ain't going to change it.

Ok. Well if there is another global virus in 20 - 40 years then bad luck, we'll have to deal with it!

Show me another virus since the Spanish Flu that has killed as many people as covid in such a short time period.

Your gf is of course entitled to her point of view but i would highly doubt she respresents the majority...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your jabbed up so let it rip ?
Your brother refuses to get a vaccine in victoria who is over 60, I was willing to do my part as mid 30s and get AZ.

I'm not following rules for dumb campaigners like him, everyone has plenty of opportunity to get vax. If people like that perish, so be it.

Have any of these doom and gloom models been even close to being correct? Even as recently as last week we were led to believe that NSW were going to hit 5 thousand cases per day in a few weeks.
As they say all models are wrong, some are just more wrong.

There have been some really bad models produced and used by our governments.

My biggest issue is they pick one model from one place and base decisions off it.

If states are using Doherty and Burnet then they are using two, but it seems the decisions in both NSW and VIC is to use there local models to get to 80% then the national modelling afterwards.

Why they aren't getting multiple local models done and using them all to inform their choices I don't know but it would be better than what they are doing.

Gladys suggested they'd peak at 2k cases a day before vaccination rates would start to cause new cases to decline.
They appear to have peaked at 1500ish

The next peak is meant to be around Christmas from restrictions being eased and is meant to be higher but the hope is the impact on hospitals will be lower.

In theory if we are following the NSW trend we should be peaking in the next week or two and then trending down as well.

And then with our later opening our second peak will be later as well

If people are unable to get their second dose (due to delays) it seems like a bit of a campaigner of a move to prevent them from operating in society. Especially seeing as Pfizer was only opened up to a lot of people and they changed the vax rate from 3 to 6 weeks.

So yeah that model is predicting cases will peak just before we reach 70% double doses, so a month from now.

So predicting we won't see vaccination rates imoact the curve like it has in NSW, Denmark and many other places.

Seems to be completely fabricated trash with no basis in real world data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back