Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
It's already working a treat in the US
They are like 5% in front of Australia for % vaccinated they slowed down really bad a lot of people refusing to get vaccinated over there
Ok they are a bit further in front as a % it total population but still only half vaccinated

Screenshot_20210919-173412.png

Last edited:

And they're already paying for it... wait until Winter hits!
They are at 54% of total population double doses and we are at 37%

UK is at 65% and both US and UK should also have much higher rates of natural immunity.

Many industry insiders say the conversation about restarting international travel has started too late for a mid-December reopening.

If you’re confused about whether it’s wise to book an international flight around Christmas time that you will have some hope of actually boarding, you’re not alone.

Commiserations also to your Australian family stranded overseas (around 38,000 of them at last count), who remain unsure if they’ll make it home in time for turkey come December 25, despite Qantas scheduling its first commercial international flights in almost two years and recent feel-good remarks from Prime Minister Scott Morrison on bringing expats home.

“The DPD has a very short lead time, so there are doubts whether that will be ready in time,” one source says.

The Brisbane Airport Corporation is concerned that “months of planning” is still required to prepare for the return of international flights, including the logistics of mixing “red lane” flights (hotel quarantine required) with “green lane” flights (home quarantine or no quarantine).

Most foreign airlines are far less bullish than Qantas and Air Canada at this stage.
In a vote of no-confidence, Singapore Airlines cancelled its planned increase in flights to Australian capital cities, which were due to kick in from October in the lead-up to Christmas.

SIA’s move was prompted by the Australian government’s lack of detail and the concern the necessary protocols won’t be ready to open Australia up by December.

Throughout the pandemic, the federal government has declined to consult Singapore’s national carrier – one of Australian aviation’s longest and most important relationships – nor with the broader industry, says SIA’s local boss Louis Arul.

With Qantas’ international arm grounded since March 2020, SIA has become the biggest international carrier into Australia over the past 18 months, bringing home the majority of stranded expats as well as keeping exports and imports flying, including vaccine shipments.

if you can’t go to friends houses what does curfew matter anyway
Curfew is a pain in the ass. Supermarkets shut at 8.30pm. I work till 11pm so it's annoying. Less traffic is good altho it gets busier every week. Its not a huge deal compared to other restrictions but it does * all to stop the spread. 500 cases a day, we dont need curfew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premier Daniel Andrews has told the public he would only stop the rollout of the state’s road map out of lockdown if patients were going to “unnecessarily die” in overstretched hospitals.

“If we have to pause, it would only be for the very best of reasons, and what that would be for instance is that our hospitals are overwhelmed and our nurses are being asked to do superhuman things,” he said.

“If I get advice to pause because people will unnecessarily die, then we will do that.”

-----------------
I guess we should prepare ourselves for the inevitable pause
'Unnecessarily die' is he gonna apply that to everything or just covid?

Wake up and smell the ******* roses.

People like you make me laugh. 18 months and 200+ days of lockdown and you still want to sit here and act like you are the ones right about all of this. Your optimism is clearly turning out brilliantly!

I remember people telling me the exact same thing about my pessimism last year. Oh how wrong that turned out!

All I need now is a lecture from one of our lockdown experts in WA. You’ll get through it they’ll us as they sit there pretending they know what Victoria is like.

Welcome to the new normal. Just a few more weeks HEY!

Yeah anytime I see that West Coast logo I'm like 'here we go, what's this patronising dickhead gonna say'

And after 18 months, the anti-lockdown sooks are yet to come up with a better, yet still responsible alternative...
You think Victoria has had the best response?? We're going about as good as North, *en shithouse

I wonder what the forecast is after January? 2200 per quarter is just shy of 9000pa. With a population of 6 million, that's a death rate of about 1400 per million people. Similar to Sweden. 🤔
Nah that can't be true mate. Lockdown has saved millions of lifes. Australia > Sweden

😂😂😂. Go do 3rd grade again. You havent the intelligence to lecture others

Theyve wanted to be open for 18 months so i doubt theyre against your plan. Weird to be angry at the ones against lockdowns though. Its the pollies shutting the city, no one else
Apostrophes are usually covered by third grade. They’ve, they’re, it’s.

So how is that Dan's fault?

Yeah but your point is completely wrong because we had cops pepper spraying people leaving the black lives matter / deaths in custody protest in Sydney last year.

We also had the Melbourne BLM protest organisers handing out masks and hand sanitizer and working to get people to socially distance on the march

That protest in Melbourne was about the best we've seen the police behave and I think that was just smart PR on their part given the protest was I. Large part about the behaviour of cops towards Indigenous people.

I live in Melbourne so the point I was making was strictly about the Melbourne BLM protest (and other related protests that involve groups that are aligned and associated with the Vic Labor government such as tradies' Unions) under a Labor government.

I wasn't aware of what took place in the Sydney BLM protests but it doesn't surprise in the least bit and backs up my point even further; that cops are acting more or less as guard dogs for their respective governments, regardless of whether they're Liberal or Labor. Which means that how cops respond to these protests are unfortunately often guided by the ideology of political party that is in office.

It makes complete sense what happened in Sydney since it is a Liberal government and the coppers there do the bidding of corrupt Liberal pieces of sh*t like Barilaro who had the hide to send cops to arrest someone who was being critical of him on social media and cops dutifully followed these orders without question.

This is something that should worry everyone who values democracy and the independence of police, which is being eroded whenever their members are shamelessly used as political tools for the current government.

Last edited:
I want Marshall out but the other lot are worse. End up in a wokie hell with them. Lose/lose situation. How fun is politics?!
Shouldn't it be postponed, since we're in a State of Emergency? Or to flip it around, if it's safe to run a statewide election with in-person voting then how can we be in an emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back