Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
These kinds of things really should be flooded through the media with warnings of them existing.
It was a clever little scam. First message asked you to book your vaccination, with a link, to the real Vic health covid site. So if you followed the link, you would have made a ridgy didge vaccination booking. It was then followed by a series of messages saying to click the link to fill in a survey about your experience. Its this link that was dodgy. Made to look similar to a Vic gov address, but it wasn't. People believing the first message must have been real and from the government, as it linked to a real site, may then not have checked the follow up messages carefully. Especially if you had actually got vaccinated in the meantime.

When will people realise it isn't based on medical advice? Most of the petty rules have been ridiculous and had things allowed which counter them.
It doesn't follow then that the rules weren't based on medical advice. The medical advice would have been fairly straight forward, its turning that straight forward advice into a single coherent set of rules, to apply to millions of people, hundreds of professions, dozens of industries, and thousands of situations.

People never think, how would you create rules in this situation that didn't suck? Or seem arbitrary, or petty.

The only way to make it simple, and easy to understand, fair and coherent is to make it draconian. The Chinese rules wouldn't allow things to counter them. Or seem arbitrary or capricious. Everybody stay home, all the time, or else.

The moment you allow an exception, for the economy, or fairness, then it becomes a cluster *. I don't honestly think this is avoidable.

The moment you allow an exception, for the economy, or fairness, then it becomes a cluster fu**. I don't honestly think this is avoidable.
This is the problem that Qld health tried to anticipate with “masks on as soon as you leave your house”. Some people freaked out and wouldn’t accept that it was not because you could catch it in your car. It was so there was no chance at all you would be in a shop without a mask.

I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong here but isn’t Dan sticking with “Novak and his unvaxxed buddies won’t be coming here” and it’s actually Scomo undermining it?

In addition as I understand it Novak would have to apply to come here and Dan (or the vic state govt) would have to first approve it themselves then apply to the federal government to allow it, hence Dan’s “why would we do that” comment today.

The whole process is a complete cluster * and it’s petty politics played out for a national audience, I also think Dan’s a camera loving ego maniac BUT I don’t think he’s suggesting for a second he wants to allow Novak and co in to play.

10 days since my second jab and I'm still waiting for my digital certificate to appear on myGov.

Has anyone else had to wait this long?

So GPs and their staff are getting abused and offered bribes
Some talk them around into getting jabs others dont

A GP working in Queensland, who did not want to be named, said the few people that believed ‘Covid isn’t real’, or that the vaccine is ‘experimental gene therapy’ “can’t really be reasoned with”.

“I think the best approach with those patients is to explain the strict exemption criteria and that they don’t qualify and leave it at that,” they said.

“GPs should be aware that doctors have been reporting GPs to AHPRA [the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency] for providing exemptions against guidelines, so any GP giving an exemption in order to get a difficult or abusive patient out of their office is taking a big risk professionally.”

Bribes are being offered to falsify records of vaccination to nursing staff in State run facilities.

The whole you can shop unvaccinated until more people are vaccinated seems to be the reverse of the medical advice

Doesn't make sense, I can only think they are allowing a bit of a grace period for people who aren't fully vaccinated yet a time to be able to get vaccinated until the lockout begins.

10 days since my second jab and I'm still waiting for my digital certificate to appear on myGov.

Should be instant if your Medicare is linked to mygov. Perhaps give Medicare a call if that's the case.

Yep. I didn't check my cert between jabs 1 and 2, they turned me away from my 2nd because they couldn't verify i had my 1st. A quick phone call to he clinic that gave my 1st had it updated in about 10 minutes or so

I'll still be wearing a mask when the mask rules are "relaxed"

1) Have to anyway being a public transport user

2) Will stay being comfortable in the mask, when others bitch and moan that masks are to be worn everywhere yet again (same with earlier this year!!). If I stopped wearing them and then had to re-adjust having to wear them again... I'd bitch and moan like everyone else :p

3) It's a good social experiment, like when the rule was relaxed earlier this year, I had various shop staff try to get me to remove it. My thinking is that nobody likes to see other people still wearing the mask when it's not REQUIRED to do so as it reminds them of the negative past.

4) It allows me to swear at people who don't know I'm swearing at them :D

I'll still be wearing a mask when the mask rules are "relaxed"

1) Have to anyway being a public transport user

2) Will stay being comfortable in the mask, when others b*tch and moan that masks are to be worn everywhere yet again (same with earlier this year!!). If I stopped wearing them and then had to re-adjust having to wear them again... I'd b*tch and moan like everyone else :p

3) It's a good social experiment, like when the rule was relaxed earlier this year, I had various shop staff try to get me to remove it. My thinking is that nobody likes to see other people still wearing the mask when it's not REQUIRED to do so as it reminds them of the negative past.

4) It allows me to swear at people who don't know I'm swearing at them :D
So your scared of Ronna but more scared of Vax

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shopping logic crazy. those last 10% from 80% did not want to be vaxed.
The stealth mandate as they loose their jobs was the only reason a big chunk of them done.
No idea why you open for them :)

Be interesting if some shopping centres do with the maskless that roam.
Northland be a no no to go for at least a month :) he he

Shopping logic crazy. those last 10% from 80% did not want to be vaxed.
The stealth mandate as they loose their jobs was the only reason a big chunk of them done.
No idea why you open for them :)

Be interesting if some shopping centres do with the maskless that roam.
Northland be a no no to go for at least a month :) he he
Its not fair for biz who wants to keep the un washed away from themselves and their customers

The jungle drums are beating Daniel

If your current strategy still results in a case increase and another lockdown, you'll be cactus!!

The jungle drums are beating

Xtreme needs to address his closet love fest for Dan, just come out and accept it, you're looking for every possible way to speak about Dan daily. You're in love.

It doesn't follow then that the rules weren't based on medical advice. The medical advice would have been fairly straight forward, its turning that straight forward advice into a single coherent set of rules, to apply to millions of people, hundreds of professions, dozens of industries, and thousands of situations.

People never think, how would you create rules in this situation that didn't suck? Or seem arbitrary, or petty.

The only way to make it simple, and easy to understand, fair and coherent is to make it draconian. The Chinese rules wouldn't allow things to counter them. Or seem arbitrary or capricious. Everybody stay home, all the time, or else.

The moment you allow an exception, for the economy, or fairness, then it becomes a cluster fu**. I don't honestly think this is avoidable.
Interesting speaking to two epidemiologists last night who are intimately invovled in providing advice to government.
The curfew was not part of their advice to government, almost all the other measures were.
Mask wearing indoors likely made a huge impact, whereas the evidence for mask wearing outdoors is much weaker.

They also mentioned that they were quite confident that we'd get to a 90% vax rate as the 'vaccine hesitancy' metric captures a lot of people who likely would get the vaccine at some point and the reality behnd this group is far more nuanced that alot of the commentary around them.
Needle-phobic people are actually a substantial proportion of vax-hesitant types, with some people getting the twightlight treatment in a medical setting so they could be vaccinated.

Shoppers will not need to be vaccinated when non-essential retail reopens from 6pm on Friday, with the Victorian government allowing a month’s grace before locking out those who have not received both jabs.
The state government has clarified that shoppers at non-essential retail stores would not be required to be vaccinated until 90 per cent of Victorians aged over 12 were double vaccinated, which it estimates will happen by about November 24.

Love to see all these people who reckon they don't support a political "team" defend this. SCIENCE!!

and in a months time they still wont need to be vaccinated as the rules will change again

Should be instant if your Medicare is linked to mygov. Perhaps give Medicare a call if that's the case.
It's not that easy to link your vax certificate to your check in app if you're not tech savvy. Local libraries are starting to provide assistance but it is something that should be more widespread. My dad can barely text so god knows how he's going to work it out until I can visit.

I’m happy to be corrected if I’m wrong here but isn’t Dan sticking with “Novak and his unvaxxed buddies won’t be coming here” and it’s actually Scomo undermining it?

In addition as I understand it Novak would have to apply to come here and Dan (or the vic state govt) would have to first approve it themselves then apply to the federal government to allow it, hence Dan’s “why would we do that” comment today.

The whole process is a complete cluster fu** and it’s petty politics played out for a national audience, I also think Dan’s a camera loving ego maniac BUT I don’t think he’s suggesting for a second he wants to allow Novak and co in to play.

I dont think there is anyone complaining about Novak or any other unvaccinated person coming into the country, its the fact he may be able to do his job once he is here thats the problem. That will be on Dan if he eventually allows him to play tennis while unvaccinated residents of his state cant do their job.

Its not fair for biz who wants to keep the un washed away from themselves and their customers
not going to be fair on businesses to police green ticks as well.
going to be a lot of these dicks going videoing shops and posting hate.
Some poor 15 year old going to cop it from some dick with a phone. Mt freedumbs.. What about the poor kid you abusing. Not their fault.

It's not that easy to link your vax certificate to your check in app if you're not tech savvy. Local libraries are starting to provide assistance but it is something that should be more widespread. My dad can barely text so god knows how he's going to work it out until I can visit.
yep had to do inlaws including setting up their mygov and medicare that they did not have setup.
Friend gave her mum a old iphone.. She is like how do you make calls where the numbers to dial :) he he
Logic should be pension card no vax id needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back