Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are QR codes scrapped yet, anywhere?
There still seems to be some level of contact tracing in NSW, we got a message about 90 minutes ago saying we checked into a location at the same time as a now confirmed case on the 27th. Couple of negative RATs just to be sure and we're business as usual.

So there's about a week's delay at the moment but that's probably because of the PCR result backlog. Definitely not "gold standard" anymore

Plenty in this thread violently masturbate to Covid figures and scaremongering
Oh rubbish.

This is some persecution complex or the like.

You really think you're up against people who WANT this pandemic to continue and get worse.

Oh rubbish.

This is some persecution complex or the like.

You really think you're up against people who WANT this pandemic to continue and get worse.

You're the biggest advocate of covid.

You've shown time and time again with your posting.

Longer covid goes on more professions are pivoting to working from home/online. I've been around BF long enough to see football discussion on this forum diminish over the last 4 years since I first joined but non related football discussion have stayed similar or increased.

With more people stuck at home and Infront of a computer it has created an opportunity for distraction to log into non work related websites to waste time.

Social media is BF biggest enemy like Twitter, ista or FB but longer or meaningful discussion ain't had on those mediums. BF is the next best thing regarding everyday life (covid safe) discussions and possible football related ones.

Many people have mentioned they've logged into BF more than usual over the last two years due to covid, me included, which puts coin in your pocket.

What are the biggest/largest active threads over the last 6 months? We've had a drought winning finalist, footballer controversies but I wouldn't be surprised if the largest thread discussions are non football related.

I would add that they are barely enforced, too much effort having someone checking everyone.

I shopped in the CBD for 3 hours and only a 'sunglasses hut' store asked me to check in.

I said 'No' and walked out as I wasn't planning on buying anything.

I've always questioned the long term benefits of harsh lockdowns as I thought when we inevitably opened up we would still get high cases and fairly high deaths. But thankfully it looks like I am wrong. Cases are booming but deaths are not. How lucky are we that we let it rip just as a weaker variant comes along.

I've always questioned the long term benefits of harsh lockdowns as I thought when we inevitably opened up we would still get high cases and fairly high deaths. But thankfully it looks like I am wrong. Cases are booming but deaths are not. How lucky are we that we let it rip just as a weaker variant comes along.

Not sure what the Victorian government can do, it was clear lockdown 6 wasn’t working so they told Victorians to get vaccinated to get out of lockdowns. The government didn't anticipate another variant but they are sticking with the plan. The only thing they've done is reintroduce mask in indoor settings, they don't want to let it rip but they just can't do much more and a big lockdown is completely out of the question, it is an election year after all.

QR codes not sure I see a reason at retail now even if you get SMS..
Not sure you can buy a RAT anywhere around us.
Local facebook page people been asking anyone has spares.
or local testing place been shut at the repat so again not sure anyone really getting tested.
you can see testing figures way down although around 20% positive in Vic and NSW

I am happy hospital numbers not going up too much in Vic. NSW climbing now.
Seems Delta people only.

All the doom and gloom 100k a day they struggling to test :)
Wait to school goes back..lots of 5-11 year olds not even get their first jab before they go back.
Be interesting what they do when lots of kids have it re classes?

Covid ran through unvaccinated aged care homes in 2020. That’s the only different between NSW. The other states aren’t comparable at all.

...but even this time around Victoria is consistently having more daily deaths from much less reported cases than NSW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're the biggest advocate of covid.

You've shown time and time again with your posting.

Longer covid goes on more professions are pivoting to working from home/online. I've been around BF long enough to see football discussion on this forum diminish over the last 4 years since I first joined but non related football discussion have stayed similar or increased.

With more people stuck at home and Infront of a computer it has created an opportunity for distraction to log into non work related websites to waste time.

Social media is BF biggest enemy like Twitter, ista or FB but longer or meaningful discussion ain't had on those mediums. BF is the next best thing regarding everyday life (covid safe) discussions and possible football related ones.

Many people have mentioned they've logged into BF more than usual over the last two years due to covid, me included, which puts coin in your pocket.

What are the biggest/largest active threads over the last 6 months? We've had a drought winning finalist, footballer controversies but I wouldn't be surprised if the largest thread discussions are non football related.

You’re too far down the rabbit hole. Dig up.

Yeah the testing situation is a complete shambles, it’s pretty disgusting actually.

Partner woke up crook this morning, tried about half a dozen places for RATs and gave up. The lines for the closish testing sites are all enormous and the couple right near us have been closer as they’re over capacity.

Yeah the testing situation is a complete shambles, it’s pretty disgusting actually.

Partner woke up crook this morning, tried about half a dozen places for RATs and gave up. The lines for the closish testing sites are all enormous and the couple right near us have been closer as they’re over capacity.

I ran into the same problem myself this morning. Keep going back as they’ll open up again until they reach capacity- I finally got in after going back twice.

I ran into the same problem myself this morning. Keep going back as they’ll open up again until they reach capacity- I finally got in after going back twice.
how many people will not wait.. Just assume Omicron (papers say mild) although have Delta instead.
Think I read 70% of cases Omicron now in NSW.. still 6k then a day Delta which they say leads to hospitaliations

how many people will not wait.. Just assume Omicron (papers say mild) although have Delta instead.
Think I read 70% of cases Omicron now in NSW.. still 6k then a day Delta which they say leads to hospitaliations
Hospital numbers are getting inflated, definitely needs to be rectified soon to enable an accurate picture:

this misreporting of numbers “with COVID” instead of “due to COVID” is getting out of hand. Take the NSW hospital numbers and half it. That’s your number.

I thought we opened up before Omicron came along.
We did and cases remained steady due to vaccine and Delta. Then came Omicron and fast spread due to vaccine not as good against it but less severe.

The numbers out of Europe suggested with Delta we would be good to live relatively normal until about late February early March before vaccine waning become a issue.

Hospital numbers are getting inflated, definitely needs to be rectified soon to enable an accurate picture:
And the worst part in all this is it adds fuel to the conspiracies. The government are just as complicit in helping fuel the misinformation that gets spread.

And the worst part in all this is it adds fuel to the conspiracies. The government are just as complicit in helping fuel the misinformation that gets spread.
It really wouldn’t be a hard thing to rectify either. If they’re presenting for something like a broken arm and then test positive for covid while getting treated for the arm, just include them in the daily case total and not the hospital numbers. These people aren’t covid patients taking up beds from someone that may need it more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back