Teams Cronulla Sharks 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not an RL historian but I read that's the first time in RL history (111 years!) a team has scored more tries and lost in three successive games. When you consider two of those were against bottom four opposition and today's was at home, that's some feat. It just doesn't look like we gel anymore. Expecting something of an exodus at season's end, which is now not far away.

On a related issue, it seems in most seasons we get derailed during SOO period, whether we have players on duty or not. I don't even bother to watch SOO anymore, it's just a contrived marketing vehicle. I suppose it's just us old diehards who still care more about club football, but I don't understand why SOO has to have such an impact on the season.

SOO is actually bigger than the NRL Grand Final and gets more people watching it. The SOO draws big crowds and the NRL has to plug it for all it is worth to compete with the AFL. I wonder whether the State of Origin might be better placed at the end of the regular season?

I'm not an RL historian but I read that's the first time in RL history (111 years!) a team has scored more tries and lost in three successive games. When you consider two of those were against bottom four opposition and today's was at home, that's some feat. It just doesn't look like we gel anymore. Expecting something of an exodus at season's end, which is now not far away.

On a related issue, it seems in most seasons we get derailed during SOO period, whether we have players on duty or not. I don't even bother to watch SOO anymore, it's just a contrived marketing vehicle. I suppose it's just us old diehards who still care more about club football, but I don't understand why SOO has to have such an impact on the season.

Its the rep weekend that has ****ed us. Fifita challenged his suspension and cost himself an extra week trying to get off just to play the test.

Johnson has been injured, got himself right for the test, played well and come back and doesn't seem to care anymore.

There is so much good talent in that side and as you said, they just aren't gelling. I'd be keeping Flanganan, although we wont see him for a couple of weeks, bloody idiot. Be interesting to see if they charge the Brisbane bloke for kicking him...

I'm extremely disappointed as I was planning a trip up there for the Cowboys game, but I don't know that I can be bothered now, will save me a bit of money! Seemed a good crowd today, but that performance + Thursday night, they may play the Cowboys in front of an empty stadium

It was always going to be hard given our form and Cameron Smith's 400th game but in the end that was a flogging.. Once again we had that terrible twenty minute patch. We were still in the game 10 minutes into the second half then we went to sleep and allowed Melbourne 4 tries in twenty minutes.

I note Shaun Johnson took some conversion kicks last night. If Johnson did the kicking last night, what was wrong with giving him a crack at it last week when Townsend had an absolute shocker? Had Morris replaced Townsend with Johnson we would probably have won. I think Josh Morris reacted a week too late.

At the risk of making excuses the reality is in 2019 we have been crippled with injury. We do not seem to play a game without someone getting injured. Has there ever been a season with as many hamstring injuries? :(:(:(

According to the press Moylan, Dugan, Graham, Gallen and Morris are all in doubt for next week.

We were never going to win that. The Cam worship exceeded levels only previously seen for Eddie. We did our part by completely falling apart after working our way back into the game.

We played much better in the rounds where we were heavily hit by injury. None of our guns are firing. We thought when they were back we'd be stronger, but the converse seems to be the case.

And what's happened with the goalkicking? We are at present so much less than the sum of our parts. History will show us as being one of the most credentialled squads ever not to make finals.

Have I mentioned how much I hate SOO? Derails us every year.

It was always going to be hard given our form and Cameron Smith's 400th game but in the end that was a flogging.. Once again we had that terrible twenty minute patch. We were still in the game 10 minutes into the second half then we went to sleep and allowed Melbourne 4 tries in twenty minutes.

I note Shaun Johnson took some conversion kicks last night. If Johnson did the kicking last night, what was wrong with giving him a crack at it last week when Townsend had an absolute shocker? Had Morris replaced Townsend with Johnson we would probably have won. I think Josh Morris reacted a week too late.

At the risk of making excuses the reality is in 2019 we have been crippled with injury. We do not seem to play a game without someone getting injured. Has there ever been a season with as many hamstring injuries? :(:(:(

According to the press Moylan, Dugan, Graham, Gallen and Morris are all in doubt for next week.

Johnson missed every shot the week before, that's why they went with Townsend and Flanagan last week.

Injuries are killing us, didn't even bother watching the Cameron Smith wankfest last night, wasn't surprised to see the score keep popping up on my phone as Penalty Goal- Cameron Smith...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I would sooner have seen Chad Townsend go to the Roosters and we kept Kyle Flanagan. For the second year in a row we have lost a promising young player. The salary cap penalty probably meant we could not match the Roosters offer.

I think we may have a few tough years ahead while we operate under a restricted salary cap.

FFS don't our players know the rules? We have a 7 tackle set and are halfway up the ground with five tackles left and we give away a penalty on a basic infringement. Complete lack of discipline. This is looking like another horror start.

We are doing our very best to throw this away, it's weird to watch. We are definitely better than they are but just lack any football IQ whatsoever. At least the goalkicking has improved

Our display so far has been unprofessional. Professional footballers should not give away penalties for schoolboy errors. We have seen your worst tonight so give us ten minutes of your best Sharks.

We got what we deserved. I do not mind getting beaten by a better side but once again we beat ourselves. I honestly do not know where the next win is coming from.

Lets be honest though, we had more chance of beating Melbourne in Cams 400th than tonight, they were never letting us down the other end. Warriors lose the ball, penalty. Sharks player gets stripped, knock on. If NZ kicked for goal every chance they got, they'd have won by 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back