Teams Cronulla Sharks 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do wonder sometimes what the coach says at half time. Whatever it was tonight should probably be taken off the list of motivational assets ;)

Yeah, but Penrith have made a habit of comebacks this year. I have lost count of the games in which they have been 0-14 down and comeback to win. We were clearly the better side for 60 minutes and had we not perpetrated a couple of howlers we probably would not have needed a field goal to win.

Last edited:
Very good win for you guys; a cracking game, but Penrith can't get away with only playing in the second half forever, and you guys held out where a lot of sides haven't this season. (BTW, that Kikau is some player, isn't he?) You pressurised Maloney well, and although I'm not Moylan's biggest fan, he stood up well, and Townsend was good too, and took his try well. I wish you well. Meanwhile my team won their fifth game out of five in the play-offs tonight, and should have every chance of getting to the GF, with Castleford standing in our way. So it's all good! :)

Well that is it for 2018. We finish 4th which wasn't bad considering the injuries we copped during the year, it would've been nice to have had Dugan, Graham, Moylan and co out there more often but all teams cop injuries I guess. We were not good enough on the night so we cannot argue. Looks like I will be supporting either the Chooks or Bunnies next week.

All the hoo-ha about the shoulder charge and how dangerous it is. I don't follow NRL as closely as I did because it is so contrived these days, but I am led to believe that a shoulder charge is an automatic suspension. Obviously not if you're someone important to the game's TV ratings.

So Slater says he was attempting a tackle. Never heard so much b*****ks in my life - you can look at the footage from any angle, at any speed, and he is clearly determined just to get Feki over the sideline. Didn't help when Lewis and Flanno both came out and said he should play this week.

Should have been a penalty try at the time. Surprise, surprise, the referee who didn't award that has been given the GF, so the NRL clearly has a "nothing to see here" attitude. I guess it's the same as the AFL's "a point is as good as a goal if it achieves the right outcome" rule.

So this week's game is between the salary cap cheats and the thug salary cap cheats. Yippee.

So Holmes has quit the NRL just like that and trying his luck in the NFL.

Bit of a s**t thing to do while under contract and leaving us with bugger all chance of getting a decent replacement.

Yeah stuff him, we won't be winning the comp next season and he was bound to move to the Cowboys regardless. Loved him as a player though and will miss him.

Agree entirely, Holmes was probably going to the Cowboys anyway. This is purely money motivated and very disappointing. It just shows that NRL contracts are not worth the paper they are written on. If Holmes was contemplating this he should have told us earlier and we might have had a crack at getting Ben Barba back.

Maybe the NRL have to show some backbone in this and rule that any player leaving for overseas is automatically banned from representative football for three seasons. That would mean players cannot have it both ways if they go to another code they cannot come back and resume business as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Gallen thinks players should be banned for two years. As Gal says Val wants to break an NRL endorsed contract. I would not stop them from trading as players but I would ban them from representative matches such as State of Origin for three years. Players cannot have it both ways, they cannot sign a contract then walk out and expect to resume business as usual when they decide to come home.

Maybe Val has an agreement with Cronulla that when he is finished with the NFL he will come back and see out his contract ? That is probably not likely but one lives in hope.

So many questions...

I wonder why the Warriors decided to part ways with their favourite son, maybe a salary cap issue? On the subject of the cap how does Holmes walking mid contract affect our cap? Is he still counted or are we able to discount his salary against Johnson?

It is pleasing that we have insisted that Johnson sign for three years. We do not want to be a one year stop over as the Warriors were with Kieran Foran in 2017.

Johnson would go well with Townsend in the halves which in turn might release Moylan to play at full back in place of Holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back