Sport Cycling: The Classics - Handlebars, saddle sores and which Chateau is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't beat physics

UCI says 1000 swiss francs fine. Sock height may have been too high so that's another 200 francs fine.

My favourite cycling article this week was on News.com where they report Richie Porte had announced his retirement... they must have missed that announcement over 9 months ago.

So after the general public defended Matthieu Van der Pol and slandered the hotel, it's management and Australia as a country, sounds like MVdP is really a complete campaigner that thinks its ok to enter the room of teenage girls to assault them.

Sure the girls were idiots but * me dead, he's lucky they didn't suggest he was trying to sexually assault them.

Magpies aren't the only thing Aussie cyclists have to worry about.
Plse ignore scumbag Rita's comment.

Another RWNJ with an issue with cyclists.

Clips been around for about 4 years too. Must have been a slow news day.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

29.8km to go on Seven Two. Has been a sensational race, really well planned stages making it a little unknown. Aussie Jay Vine leading the overall with a 15 second league. Brit racing for the Aussie team Jayco Alula is in second place. I've ridden about half last years total Km's already this year. Sadly didn't make it up to the top of Lofty today as my knee wasn't playing nice and have another ride next weekend in Geelong.

Getting keen
Lets gooo

Day 1 - 1st July23: Biblao to Bilbao 182km

Stage 1: Saturday, July 1 – Bilbao to Bilbao, 182km​

For the first time in a few years, the Tour de France starts with a full stage, rather than a time trial – and it isn't an easy introduction to the Tour. And for those who haven't clued in yet, the first 3 stages are in Spain!:spain:

Bilbao is the host for this 185km loop ride that takes in a good 3300m of climbing. There are five climbs with points up for grabs straight away in the polka dot contest. The climbs on the route are the Côte de Pike – just 10km from the finish – plus the Côte de Laukiz, the Côte de San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, the Côte de Morga and the Côte de Vivero.

1688113283901.png

Last edited:
Bugger sleep
I do love a good le Tour night when you tell yourself its 'just until the peloton reel the breakaway in' and next minute you're screaming with crowds as the finish line is crossed.