Vic Daniel Andrews Retires, Undefeated

Remove this Banner Ad

He was held to account on the 26th of November 2022.
Oh right, so all the money he wasted, lives he cost are all forgiven because he got voted in and therefore he shouldn't ever be held accountable for his actions in any way shape or form? Got it.

The man's a campaigner.

Jacinta was out and about today in a hard hat and fluoro jacket with double the amount of head nodders standing behind her. I wonder if these people know that the SRL is going to send all of us dumb Victorians stony broke...Dan won't mind, my bet is he'll skedaddle out of Mulgrave as fast as he possibly can.

You are a big pussycat.
Michael Cera Meow GIF

Its staggering to see how easily you and your type let Dan off the hook.
It's staggering to see how people like you vote for Mathew Guy and the joke of a liberal party.
They can barely muster 35% of the vote and their main policy is African gangs. You had the whole main stream Murdoch press behind you and you still got flogged.

It's staggering to see how people like you vote for Mathew Guy and the joke of a liberal party.
They can barely muster 35% of the vote and their main policy is African gangs. You had the whole main stream Murdoch press behind you and you still got flogged.
I wouldn't be surprised if the newly renamed Libertarian Party of Victoria wouldn't be more evolved speed

Jacinta was out and about today in a hard hat and fluoro jacket with double the amount of head nodders standing behind her. I wonder if these people know that the SRL is going to send all of us dumb Victorians stony broke...Dan won't mind, my bet is he'll skedaddle out of Mulgrave as fast as he possibly can.

I reckon he'll move to the Sydney North Shore and have regular beers with Lisa and Peter. He'll pick up a few directorships with Chinese friendly companies.

Last edited:
The exit payout is not that much in the scheme of things
$380M not much? Not sure what world you live in? How many houses, how many ambulances, how many teachers etc could that buy?

We're taxing short term rental users 7.4% which will yield approx $50-70M a year

$380M not much? Not sure what world you live in? How many houses, how many ambulances, how many teachers etc could that buy?

We're taxing short term rental users 7.4% which will yield approx $50-70M a year
I think Kardinia Park has had much more than that spent on it. If that's your only complaint about Dan Andrews , you haven't got much at all.

Yes they did get lucky. Mistakes were also made elsewhere. But mistakes werent made to the same degree as they were made in victoria. You cant just brush aside the border mismanagement as bad luck or not the states responsibility because private security was involved. It was the state that determined how the private security should operate.
What do you mean border mismanagement unless you mean the existence of hard state borders - that’s partly nsw and sa deciding to keep the infectious victorians out

Yes private security a * up but there were bugger all cops to do the job. I believe adf would also have ****ed it up too - but the blame could have been shifted to the feds in that case.

There's a difference between corrupt and incompetent. This was evidence of incompetence, not corruption.

The theme running through the Andrews Govt was that they've undertaken a lot of half-baked ideas. The reason appears to be that these decisions were made by people in Premier and Cabinet, usually with outside advice and then foisted upon the relevant Department.

This is instead of coming from the Department and then P&C review the proposals put forward by the Department and then considered.

The people within P&C were not competent enough to consider all the implications that a Department can. Plus, P&C were getting rose-coloured assessments from consultants (mostly PWC) who gave assessments which supported ongoing work. Mostly this was consultants getting on a gravy train and not telling the Govt that it's time to stop the train when they should, because they were getting so much gravy.

Blind Freddie can tell you that SRL is a costly, stupid project. But PWC proposed it, roped in P&C who over-committed without due dilgence and here we are. Likewise, Comm Games was a consultant (Deloitte?) who drastically under-costed, roped in P&C who over-committed again without asking the Departments. Then they ask the Departments and get told the truth and have to can it.

The failure mechanism was clear, P&C should have been getting advice from Departments but thought they were geniuses when really they're just politically connected nuffies. The first thing Allan should do is fix this, sack half of P&C and return the functions to where they belong - in the Departments with experts.
The corruption is inferred in that the use of the half baked idea to pump up rural votes for political gain.

It’s more than the entire annual funding of Victoria’s largest fire service…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean border mismanagement unless you mean the existence of hard state borders - that’s partly nsw and sa deciding to keep the infectious victorians out

Yes private security a * up but there were bugger all cops to do the job. I believe adf would also have ****ed it up too - but the blame could have been shifted to the feds in that case.

My biggest issue with it is VicPol and their union wouldn’t have accepted the piss poor conditions and lack of PPE provided so even a mix of Police/ADF/Private security as other states used would have resulted in a far better outcome, as it did in every state bar Victoria.

I don't get your logic here. Canceling the games saved 6 billion in the end. They were canceled to save Victoria money.
Did we have to bid for them? Was the decision to bid based on real numbers that changed or a political desire for country votes

We are talking about today's cities. Not those from 100 years ago (let alone 5000 years ago) when travel was done by horses. You don't have manufacturing in cities anymore. Cities are just entertainment, white collar work and work that services them. Get rid of white collar work and there really is just big crowd entertainment for cities.

There will always be a need for a central office for face to face meetings and other work functions.

I think Kardinia Park has had much more than that spent on it. If that's your only complaint about Dan Andrews , you haven't got much at all.
At least there’s something to show for that pork barrelling spend. What do we get for the $380m? SFA

You know things are completely ****ed when you hear someone say spending $380M of tax payers money to get out of a contract is nothing!

I don't know where you are going with this. I don't care about the C games, your original point was Dan saved $6 bill which incurred a penalty cost via a broken contract and exposed gross incompetence and you are somehow defending this despite the fact that hosting the C games was his government's decision, not the Libs, not anyone else's, it was all his.

Like I said, Dan copped a huge amount of unnecessary criticism from media, from unhinged citizens etc but this was a genuine * up and you seem to think that somehow he was a saviour in cancelling it when he was in fact responsible for kick starting it. Mind boggling.
Yes it was a mistake to accept the games but lib/nats were all for it too. He fixed his mistake later with a small loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back