Danyle Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

Height - 179cm
Weight - 77kg
DOB 07-04-1986

Running Vertical Jump - 96cm
Agility Run - 7.79s
20m Sprint - 2.79s

Finished fifth in the best and fairest, averaging more than 21 possessions a game (second only to Travis Boak) and relishing the responsibility of a midfield role. He led the club in total kicks (260), handballs received (217) and loose-ball gets (55) and was second in inside 50s (78). Moved to defence late in the year and is expected to spend most of his time playing off half-back, his piercing left boot sure to be a weapon setting up play from the backline. A more complete player, he has plenty to offer.

Expecting a good year from Danyle, he has a good chance to turn himself into a great footballer

Danyle was looking sharper at the first session back on 4 th Jan.
His endurance has picked up a bit and his kicking in the drills was pinpoint.

I observed him joking with Hilly in one of the in close drills and it's great to see the rapport building between them.
I'm tipping the wings for these two and if we can get Josh Simpson in also , it's building to be a spectacle.

Great to hear some words on Danyle and his fitness starting to reach the levels of FFC. It's exciting to think that he's done what he has so far in his career under sub-par fitness, and that he won't be the go to guy for every opposition tagger (knock on wood).

Great to hear some words on Danyle and his fitness starting to reach the levels of FFC. It's exciting to think that he's done what he has so far in his career under sub-par fitness, and that he won't be the go to guy for every opposition tagger (knock on wood).

It is interesting with him isn't it. Very difficult to understand that he could have had the stats that he got last season and have an inadequate fitness base. I guess it is partly a difference between high level and elite??? Any way, if it comes together this season he will be a real weapon for us.

Danyle was looking sharper at the first session back on 4 th Jan.
His endurance has picked up a bit and his kicking in the drills was pinpoint.

I observed him joking with Hilly in one of the in close drills and it's great to see the rapport building between them.
I'm tipping the wings for these two and if we can get Josh Simpson in also , it's building to be a spectacle.

If the three of them get on the park at the same time I can see them rotating from the half back line. Devastating speed and great footskills from there is a dangerous combination.

If the three of them get on the park at the same time I can see them rotating from the half back line. Devastating speed and great footskills from there is a dangerous combination.

Agree with this.

I'm banking more on Danyle and Stephen at this stage although I posted in an earlier thread on the 2013 pre-season, that Josh Simpson seems to be delighting Ross Lyon with his run and carry , dish off then receive again before repeating it . The players even applauding it.

Josh wasn't in the main group on Friday 4th but he may have been one of a small group including Ballas and Griff who trained through the break.

Danyle was near the front group in lap running, where he wasn't when he first arrived.

I sure hope they play him and Hill on the wings.

That's it isn't it. I can easily see them receiving the dish off from say a Dawson or McPharlin off half back, disregarding having to work it up through numerous other opposition players and just pinpointing it onto someone's chest from the defensive 50 to say, a Pav or Mayne marking just inside the forward 50 line.

That's it isn't it. I can easily see them receiving the dish off from say a Dawson or McPharlin off half back, disregarding having to work it up through numerous other opposition players and just pinpointing it onto someone's chest from the defensive 50 to say, a Pav or Mayne marking just inside the forward 50 line.
man, if two of the three can get on a run together, that would be aces.
it would almost be worth developing a ploy from half back when all three are on the field. dawson feeds off to hilly, who feeds off to pearcey and they do the one-two zig-zagging through the middle with everyone else blocking, hill drops back and simpson picks up the run from half forward and kicks the goal. yep, piece of cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back