FTA-TV Defiance

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 7, 2008
Rooty Hill
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Reading,Angels,Blue Sox,T.I.S.M.
Anybody watch this show? It stars our own Grant Bowler. Nothing new or earth shattering but I will keep watching for one very good reason:

941_Mia_Kirshner_j.JPG

The movie wasn't particularly good, never heard of the show.

The tv show is a sci fi thing related to a video game of the same name (apparently peoples actions in the video game shape the way the show will progres???). It's not about three Jewish brothers in Nazi occupied Eastern Europe :p

I didn't really like the show. Reminded me of Terra Nova for some reason which was also pretty bad.

Didn't realise there was a thread here. Just posted this on the Hawthorn board after watching 15 minutes of the first episode.

Defiance
15-minute pilot.

We open on crappy looking space ships appearing in the sky as amazed people shield their eyes from the low rent CGI.

We cut to the title sequence which hangs ominously against a black backround.

We cut to an overhead shot of the earth 27 years after the spaceships landed. The landscape has been terraformed by equally crappy CGI to look like something from a 50s sci fi movie.

We see a jeep, almost like a Halo remote control tool driving down a deeply rutted road.

We cut to a kitsch 50s tiki dashboard ornament inside the jeep. A sticker covers the original name and says 'Antarctica'.

We cut to the guy from Blue Heelers driving the jeep.

We cut to his partially obsured female companion

We hear her narration, which essentially conveys she's an alien.

We cut to a CU of Blue Heeler turning on the stereo.

We hear Johnny and June Cash singing 'Jackson'

In a series of quick cuts we see Blue Heeler and Alien chick singing along.

As the song concludes alien chick turns to camera revealing some stupid make-up and a dumb-arse eye/nose alien look.

We cut to their car arriving at some sort of Mad Max beyond Thunderdome compound.

We see various interesting individuals wearing tophats, draped in chains and generally portraying an air of Brechtian dystopia.

We see grizzlym hit the delete button.

The end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise there was a thread here. Just posted this on the Hawthorn board after watching 15 minutes of the first episode.

Defiance
15-minute pilot.

We open on crappy looking space ships appearing in the sky as amazed people shield their eyes from the low rent CGI.

We cut to an overhead shot of the earth 27 years after the spaceships landed. The landscape has been terraformed by equally crappy CGI to look like something from a 50s sci fi movie.

We see a jeep, almost like a Halo remote control tool driving down a deeply rutted road.

We cut to a kitsch 50s tiki dashboard ornament inside the jeep. A sticker covers the original name and says 'Antarctica'.

As the song concludes alien chick turns to camera revealing some stupid make-up and a dumb-arse eye/nose alien look.

We cut to their car arriving at some sort of Mad Max beyond Thunderdome compound.

We see various interesting individuals wearing tophats, draped in chains and generally portraying an air of Brechtian dystopia.

The end.

You deleted at 8.15min into 1.30hr?

(Mental note to not get on the wrong side of Mod.)

Rule of thumb is give it 3 episodes.

Many to speak of this past 2 years that were failures though...each trying to be the new 'LOST'.

Depends how much time one has, I guess.

That just had the stench of bad sci-fi to me.

Rather, with Lost, you could tell immediately that was quality.

I'll happily revisit if the general speak is any good but, I 'aint holding my breath.

Depends how much time one has, I guess.

That just had the stench of bad sci-fi to me.

Rather, with Lost, you could tell immediately that was quality.

I'll happily revisit if the general speak is any good but, I 'aint holding my breath.

...yeh, well I will let you know...I have 1 more epsiode given my ^ rule.

Defiance
15-minute pilot.

The end.

Yup, that's about as far as I lasted. Just did nothing for me at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back