Digby Morrell

Remove this Banner Ad

PurplePower

Rookie
Oct 7, 2003
Hi guys!

Well I have been hearing a bit about a possible swap of Steven Koops for Digby Morrell. I have seen him a few times and have been generally impressed. Seems like a strong mark and a pretty good kick. We need a big FF - but from what I have seen on your board your opinion of him isn't very good. Can any of you please tell me a bit more about him - what are his positives and negatives. Thanks heaps!

I'll try.

Positves: Brains - Digby is very good at putting himself in the right spot. He has a good eye for teamates in the contest and can distribute the footy well.

Attitude - Always trying. Does dummy leads, pushes forward and then hard back.

Set shot - Very reliable. Not a great flowing action, but he gets the job done.

Hands - Not great off the deck, but has sticky hands when het gets a chance to mark.

Negatives: Not strong - He gets outmarked far too often for a key forward. He isn't able to hold his position toe to toe.

He doesn't have the athletic capacity to play as a smaller running option either, so he is stuck in the middle.

Dominated most VFL games he played, but struggled with the step up throughout the year.

Onya Ding! Leading by example there champ!

And I really wish Diggers all the best. Was a massive fan of his when he joined and really broke into the team (that mark in the square against Carlton in mid 2002 was unforgettable) and hope he has a good career at Carlton.

Agree with most of what NorthBhoy said.
Pros : strong mark, and normally a long, straight, reliable kick.
Cons : limited pace, lacks defensive skills, gets caught out of position often.
Shame to see him go though - top bloke. Hope those Bluebaggers look after him...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back