Current Disappearance of 3yo William Tyrrell Pt 2 * FM guilty of assault & intimidation

Remove this Banner Ad

Continued from PART 1

Criminal charges the former foster parents currently face as at 15 April 2022 include:
  • Apprehended Violence Orders on both (AVOs)
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster mother *Not Guilty
  • Lying to the NSW Crime Commission on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • 2 x charges of assault against a child on former foster mother *Guilty
  • 1 x charge of assault against a child on former foster father *Not Guilty
  • Stalking &/or Intimidation on both *Guilty
  • Dummy bidding real estate fraud *Guilty
TIMELINE

Where's William Tyrrell? - The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Operation Arkstone

Last edited:
From the Sydney Morning Herald, 21 May 2024 (free but requires log in), quoting from the statement by the ODPP:

"Pursuant to a waiver of legal privilege by the Commissioner of Police, the ODPP can advise that the NSW Police Force asked that this Office suspend its consideration of their request for advice in this matter until after the conclusion of the next tranche of the inquest hearings in November and December 2024.” [bolding by me]

Thank you to the police for waiving the legal privilege so we could be told what's happened.
Why did the Police Commissioner choose to waive the legal privilege?

Why did the Police Commissioner choose to waive the legal privilege?
This allows the DPP to comment publicly on the request for advice from the police.
Otherwise, the DPP would not be able to comment publicly on anything to do with the request for advice.

My take is that DPP and NSWPOL have reached an impasse - DPP don't think there is enough evidence to proceed, but NSWPOL do. Now they want to just put it 'on hold' and let the Coronial Inquest play out in Nov/Dec. But the Coroner is going to want to know about pending charges before she proceeds. So the information in the brief needs to be released to the Coroner. This might also require waive of legal privilege?

This allows the DPP to comment publicly on the request for advice from the police.
Otherwise, the DPP would not be able to comment publicly on anything to do with the request for advice.

My take is that DPP and NSWPOL have reached an impasse - DPP don't think there is enough evidence to proceed, but NSWPOL do. Now they want to just put it 'on hold' and let the Coronial Inquest play out in Nov/Dec. But the Coroner is going to want to know about pending charges before she proceeds. So the information in the brief needs to be released to the Coroner. This might also require waive of legal privilege?
Thanks, 31550 . Regardless, it’s heartening to get an update - any update - on the direction of this sad case.

I eagerly await to see a what information or findings come out of the upcoming inquest later in the year.

Me thinks Usher is making some assumptions that he is attempting to pass as fact in the below article today that also appears on thenightly's owner's thewest.com.au website.

‘Smear campaign’ against William Tyrrell’s foster mother has only derailed efforts to find him

Michael Usher
22 MAY, 2024
They’ve failed to supply evidence to the NSW Director of Public Prosecutions to have William’s foster mother charged over the toddler’s disappearance.

This has been their sole focus for at least the past two years, and maybe longer.
With all the resources available to them in a very well-funded NSW police unit, they stopped looking for little William and focused entirely it would seem, on pinning it all on his foster mother.
It would appear those close to the Tyrrell case have used dirty tricks by leaking details, without substance, to the media to run a smear campaign against the foster mother.
...'

Last edited:
Me thinks Usher is making some assumptions that he is attempting to pass as fact in the below article today that also appears on thenightly's owner's thewerst.com.au website.

‘Smear campaign’ against William Tyrrell’s foster mother has only derailed efforts to find him

Michael Usher
22 MAY, 2024
They’ve failed to supply evidence to the NSW Director of Public Prosecutions to have William’s foster mother charged over the toddler’s disappearance.

This has been their sole focus for at least the past two years, and maybe longer.
With all the resources available to them in a very well-funded NSW police unit, they stopped looking for little William and focused entirely it would seem, on pinning it all on his foster mother.
It would appear those close to the Tyrrell case have used dirty tricks by leaking details, without substance, to the media to run a smear campaign against the foster mother.
...'
Here’s my opinion piece on the opinion piece:

IMHO, he probably didn’t even write that article. I’ll bet someone higher up in Stokes/Seven United has written it, in collaboration with Collins from Advocacy Australia, and either they’ve gotten Usher to add a couple of his own words, readjust a sentence or two - or they’ve simply just placed his name and image on their own piece of writing.

I can imagine the FM gleefully reading it with a fist pump into the air, whilst she has a cup of tea. And we know she loves tea.

The author and publication have basically come out (above) and claimed that those in Strike Force Rossan have:

Used “dirty tricks”
Run a smear campaign

and

They’ve stopped looking for little William

It’s laughable that Stokes/Seven United.
have suggested the SFR has stopped looking for William. NSWPOL and the AFP literally dug up most of Kendall for months on end, rain hail or shine, leaving no stone unturned to find this child.

No doubt about it, the SFR are dealing with a sneaky, complex offender. It’s not easy - it hasn’t been easy. There’s still a 5 year AVO out on both foster parents, protecting the life of a vulnerable person. Fosters are on community corrections orders right now. This is no laughing matter.

I can imagine the SFR crew are either using this news article as toilet paper, (cause, recycling) or they’ve used it as tinder on a bonfire as they sit around and have a beer, yarning about the case.

And that’s just called perspective.

Last edited:
Me thinks Usher is making some assumptions that he is attempting to pass as fact in the below article today that also appears on thenightly's owner's thewerst.com.au website.

Michael Usher
22 MAY, 2024

...'
You’re right BFew, they’ve gone and splashed this piece via The West publication.

You can bet this sentiment will be echoed through a variety of mediums; podcast, news articles, and the like.

Last edited:
You’re right BFew, they’ve gone and splashed this piece via The West publication.

I’m surprised they haven’t turned out an I Catch Killers episode on this. Maybe they’ve not had enough time. You can bet this sentiment will be echoed through a variety of mediums; podcast, news articles, and the like.
Maybe we've underestimated the talents and powers of Insight / Advocacy Australia in their ability to manipulate the media and public opinion? It's very carefully worded (so as to avoid subjudice). But it's selective reporting, tells only one side of the story. Notice there is not one fact or piece of direct evidence presented? Not even one direct quote from anybody connected to the case. It is all the opinion of the author, presented as fact. They are taking cowardly potshots at SFR and the police, without giving them right of reply.

More misdirection - look over there, don't look here.

I would love to see Usher, or whoever wrote the article, publicly debate the facts of the case (and the content of this article) with an informed person, but of course that can never happen because of all the suppression orders.

Michael Usher
22 MAY, 2024
.......They’ve failed to supply evidence to the NSW Director of Public Prosecutions to have William’s foster mother charged over the toddler’s disappearance.

.....focused entirely it would seem, on pinning it all on his foster mother
Maybe Usher (and authors) of this article are making assumptions. But the fact is there is another delay and no charges have been laid. This could be because there is no new evidence IMO.

If they have "focused" on FM maybe they have missed something else.
Do we even know for sure that he was wearing spiderman suit when he went missing? The FM And FGM said so, but who do we believe?

I can imagine the FM gleefully reading it with a fist pump into the air, whilst she has a cup of tea. And we know she loves tea.
There were lots of cups of tea. Tea with breakfast. Then tea while taking photo, didn't she have to put the cup down to take the photo. Then was there tea at 10 o'clock. I must say i am a bit confused just like the rest of the story of that morning.

Maybe Usher (and authors) of this article are making assumptions. But the fact is there is another delay and no charges have been laid. This could be because there is no new evidence IMO.

If they have "focused" on FM maybe they have missed something else.
Do we even know for sure that he was wearing spiderman suit when he went missing? The FM And FGM said so, but who do we believe?
If police want to "focus on FM", then focus on this:
  • police video walkthrough with FM taken a few days after William's disappearance where she talks in detail about her drive to the riding school on Batar Creek Rd, and the passing 'semi trailer' driver
  • police statement made on 14 September 2014 where there is no mention whatsoever of this drive. Nothing.
  • subsequent statement made by FM on 17 March 2015 (when Jubelin took over the case), she acknowledges the previous statement and elaborates on it, but still no mention whatsoever about the drive to Batar Creek Rd.
  • further interview with Jubelin where he allegedly 'grilled' both foster parents before clearing them, to enable the $1M reward to be offered. Again, no questions (or answers) about the drive to Batar Creek Rd
  • no mention of the drive to Batar Creek Rd in Wendy Hudson's case notes

A few simple questions (for the record)
  • Why and when did she take this drive, was she alone, and how long was she gone?
  • Why did FM not detail this drive in any of her police statements?
  • Where were the FGM and William's sister when she left, and when she returned?
  • How long after William disappeared was the drive? Where did she look before the drive, and how long after the drive before FF returned?
  • Who else did she tell about this drive? E.g. did she ask her mother for keys, or ask her mother to watch William's sister?
  • Would anyone besides the semi trailer driver have seen her?
  • How does this fit the timeline of William being only out of her sight for 5 minutes before she started looking? And FF returning at 10:30.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• police video walkthrough with FM taken a few days after William's disappearance where she talks in detail about her drive to the riding school on Batar Creek Rd, and the passing 'semi trailer' driver
  • police statement made on 14 September 2014 where there is no mention whatsoever of this drive. Nothing.
  • subsequent statement made by FM on 17 March 2015 (when Jubelin took over the case), she acknowledges the previous statement and elaborates on it, but still no mention whatsoever about the drive to Batar Creek Rd.
  • further interview with Jubelin where he allegedly 'grilled' both foster parents before clearing them, to enable the $1M reward to be offered. Again, no questions (or answers) about the drive to Batar Creek Rd

• Why and when did she take this drive, was she alone, and how long was she gone?
  • How long after William disappeared was the drive? Where did she look before the drive, and how long after the drive before FF returned?
  • Who else did she tell about this drive? E.g. did she ask her mother for keys, or ask her mother to watch William's sister?
  • How does this fit the timeline of William being only out of her sight for 5 minutes before she started looking? And FF returning at 10:30.

My recollection of this was from listening to Wheres William Tyrell podcast or was it Police walk through, I seem recall but can't recall which episode. The notes relating to these podcasts were subject of subpoena if I recall.

When FM realized he was gone she set off on foot to locate him. Very quickly turned around and came back to get FGM car and head off again. This time all the way to Cnr Batar Cr rd and Cob. & Co Rd a few klms away after turning right on intersection Benaroon Dr and Batar Cr Rd. She pulled over because of the Semi and had her head out of the window making observation he may have thought it was for his benefit but was looking for WT. She then realised that it was fanciful he had gone this far and decided to turn around and go home. Really?

Given this analysis and the fact police originally worked out WT went missing around 10.15 to 10.20 you assume that (absent lies) that the trip happened at or about 10.20. That ties nicely with coming across FF on her return when she set off again.So if we are trying to put a time to it assuming no lies then that time is 10.20. Why not Ellendale which St was closer and why turn right not left? I agree that is plain stupidity she had thought he went 1.3 klm on foot in a couple of minutes.

The mere fact that she mentions the Semi driver is pointed. She is telling us for a reason. I presume it's to hide her tracks in case he came forward. Then makes no further mention because it's slipped under radar UNTIL she does podcasts and can't shut her mouth.

IF WT died and you were hiding a body you would likely create a red herring. She said she went to that Cnr and talked about being seen there. Perhaps that was to hide she went elsewhere entirely.....somewhere not mentioned??

If she had a decent PR company they’d clear up these issues.

If she had a decent PR company they’d clear up these issues.
Quite right, Awakening .

I hope the Inquest can provide some answers for all of the questions that the public might have regarding William’s disappearance, as I highly doubt we will get answers from the PR team.

I am assuming they are in the dark about what has occurred, just like the rest of us.

What certain last proof of life do we have for William? The photos which because they emanate from sources under control of FPs aren't proof of life at all. Original testimony of Savage where he said he heard them playing that morning but then recanted his testimony at inquest. Is there any independent witness proof? Were there neighbours that heard or saw them that morning?

IMO there’s nothing really, apart from the McDonald’s footage from the night before
the alleged disappearance.
What certain last proof of life do we have for William? The photos which because they emanate from sources under control of FPs aren't proof of life at all. Original testimony of Savage where he said he heard them playing that morning but then recanted his testimony at inquest. Is there any independent witness proof? Were there neighbours that heard or saw them that morning?

Last edited:
From Gary Jubelin concerned by current state of William Tyrrell investigation, Daily Telegraph, 24 May 2024 (paywalled):

'The former lead investigator in the William Tyrrell case says the public has the right to be confused after police asked prosecutors to pause their review of the potential evidence against the foster mother.
Gary Jubelin, who left the police force five years ago over his handling of the Tyrrell investigation, said "something just does not seem right".

"You have the coroner on one hand saying she can't conclude the inquest until the report to the DPP is done. Then you have the police saying they don't want it concluded until after the inquest. Yes, I am confused, like I believe other members of the public are."
In response to questions, he said he was "concerned how this investigation is being run".'

The photos are pretty compelling IMO unless they can be disproven by an expert. This hasn't happened despite 10 years to carry out the required forensic analysis.

From Gary Jubelin concerned by current state of William Tyrrell investigation, Daily Telegraph, 24 May 2024 (paywalled):

'The former lead investigator in the William Tyrrell case says the public has the right to be confused after police asked prosecutors to pause their review of the potential evidence against the foster mother.
Gary Jubelin, who left the police force five years ago over his handling of the Tyrrell investigation, said "something just does not seem right".

"You have the coroner on one hand saying she can't conclude the inquest until the report to the DPP is done. Then you have the police saying they don't want it concluded until after the inquest. Yes, I am confused, like I believe other members of the public are."
In response to questions, he said he was "concerned how this investigation is being run".'
I think it's time for GJ to keep his trap shut about this case unless he wants to tell the whole story and be cross-examined publicly about his entire involvement, inlcluding how and why he pursued and / or cleared all POIs during his time.

I think it's time for GJ to keep his trap shut about this case unless he wants to tell the whole story and be cross-examined publicly about his entire involvement, inlcluding how and why he pursued and / or cleared all POIs during his time.
I predicted that he would add his two cents.

He still talks about himself on his podcast like he is still a cop. It’s really weird.

Do you think part of him thinks he’s still on the case of William Tyrrell?

They didn’t let him speak at the inquest. There’s probably a number of reasons for that.

I predicted that he would add his two cents.

He still talks about himself on his podcast like he is still a cop. It’s really weird.

Do you think part of him thinks he’s still on the case of William Tyrrell?
GJ is driven by his own ego and his own personal ambition. I don't think he's a bad person, but possibly has made some errors of judgement which he won't own up to.

As for speaking at the Inquest, as he was no longer a serving member of NSWPOL, and not an active witness or participant in the case, there is no more reason to call him than there is to call you or me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back