Disgraceful comments/topics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phat said:
I don't get reported posts from the General Board and it holds little interest for me.
I take a cursory glance at it, but generally don't go near it unless i have to (pretty much for the reasons you mentioned earlier).

HEH HEH I know, reason I was kind to you. ;)

mantis said:
Have a look at the General board lately, there are 4 or 5 posters, that try & turn every thread into smut, taking the OP completely off topic. These posters have been doing it for weeks & reporting their posts doesn't seem to work.

Just wonder when the general board turned into an over 18, dating board.

It's the General Board Mantis, don't stress so much about it.

mantis said:
Except when a post about bullfighting, turns into people tryimg to get a date. :rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying, but maybe you could have started that thread in the SC&P board if you are going to get upset over the quality of replies.

Isn't that part of what a general board is for? Nonsense and crap to be kept separate from specific topic related threads?

Maybe you could apply as mod of the General Board and kill it off completely.

There is a lot of crap but Fred actually keeps a good balance for the majority of posters,

mantis said:
Except when a post about bullfighting, turns into people tryimg to get a date. :rolleyes:

mantis, I'm sorry if it worries/concerns/annoys you. You asked me to stop posting in that thread, and I did. Simple. Carrying on like this really isn't necessary, especially as I had already respected your request.

And, FWIW, the thread in question had already degenerated past the point of no return well before I even posted in there!

purplesoul said:
I understand what you are saying, but maybe you could have started that thread in the SC&P board if you are going to get upset over the quality of replies.

Isn't that part of what a general board is for? Nonsense and crap to be kept separate from specific topic related threads?

Maybe you could apply as mod of the General Board and kill it off completely.

There is a lot of crap but Fred actually keeps a good balance for the majority of posters,

Well said.

binxy24 said:
Yeah, but as soon as you come along it always turns into "what are you wearing" and "djagetany?" and stuff like that, so you really should take some of the responsibility. :p

See my sig. I can't control what others post AFTER me! :p

I took a number but they finish at #99 and then start again at #0 (just like the deli!). I've got #37 - how long is the queue?

Hold on, I've gone completely OT now....what were we talking about? Teenage bullfighters and the women who love them?

Fullarton Power said:
Yep, right.
Some people are quicker on the 'report post' button so they receive more attention. Other people ignore the trolls. Other people retaliate out of proportion to perceived insults. Other people act like obnoxious idiots and so don't get as much action on their requests as they often bring the heat down on themselves.

In all cases users should use the rules as their guideline on what we accept on this site. With about 30 mods and thousands of users of varying ages and backgrounds you are going to see some elasticity with the rules at times. Those people who constantly push it will get warnings and suspensions. Severely break the rules (like when someone recently posted some foul pictures of a mutilated human body) and you're out right away.

All this is pretty much common sense I would have thought.

Appleyard said:
Those people who constantly push it will get warnings and suspensions.
Really?
You could have fooled me.
I'm sure that is the concept behind the forum rules Adrian but there is very little evidence to support this assertion where some individuals are concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fullarton Power said:
I'm sure that is the concept behind the forum rules Adrian but there is very little uvidence to support this assertion where some individuals are concerned.

I would have to agree with FP. There are certain posters that just seem to continually troll threads and take them off topic without repercussions.

Fullarton Power said:
You being one of the worst offenders.

FP, we are trying to have a constructive conversation here without the fingerpointing.

Now, where was that mirror?

purplesoul said:
FP, we are trying to have a constructive conversation here without the fingerpointing.

Now, where was that mirror?
You, have a constructive conversation? Don't make me laugh.
I think I can tell you where that mirror is, or rather where it should be.

Fullarton Power said:
I think I can tell you where that mirror is, or rather where it should be.

Please, just stop picking on me :(

Otherwise I am going to take this up with the mods.

Fullarton Power said:
Go ahead. i'd like to see if their incessant bleats of no favouritism ring true.

Well I will then, because you are a meanie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back