Remove this Banner Ad

MetsFan

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
G'day guys

Was hoping for some feedback from those who have been to Dodger Stadium as to where to sit? We are are there for a homestand in July against the Cubs and were looking at going to an avening game starting at 5:05pm. The cost is not a major issue although we aren't looking for any box tickets.

Can anyone recommend a decent place to sit at that time so we aren't blinded by the setting sun?

Also does anyone know anything about the My Town section or Mannywood area? Somewhere where I can have a few (thousand) beers and watch the game in a festive atmosphere would be ideal.

Thanks boys.

Cheers

Right field is the sun field at Chavez Ravine, so avoid the RF bleachers and the seats in the right field corner on the field, loge and reserved levels.

I find the best seats are either in the infield reserve area - the blue seats behind home plate - they are a bit more elevated than the field and loge levels but aren't filled with theatre goers like those levels. The other good area are the left field bleachers, although they are only bench seats and that area doesn't allow access to the rest of the park.

We had the sun in our eyes for a first inning or two (6pm start) sitting in row A behind the away dugout..so like flamethrower says avoid the right field seats if you don't want the risk of looking into the sun.

Walking around the ground I liked the view behind the home plate. Left field bleachers/lower sections wouldn't be in the sun and would have a decent atmosphere for beers etc..

Mannywood is in the lower section of deep left field near the corner... pretty far away and the game I was at (memorial day) it was only 1/3rd full so not sure if it would be the best place to watch the game.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I just booked the tickets on the back of your advice and we are on the 3rd base line at Loge Box level I think they call it. Seems to be slightly elevated and at $70 a ticket I thought that was pretty good value. Looking forward to getting across there now and seeing what Dodger Stadium is like.

Thanks again :thumbsu:

Dodger Stadium is awesome, you won't be disappointed. Get there nice and early so you can walk around the whole stadium and see some of the batting practice. It is an amazing place to be - actually since it is on a hill, the view down the valley back over all downtown is pretty amazing too.

1st time ever @ Dodgers :thumbsu:

3626429642_8944ac50ef_o.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back