DOGS to make appearance in Launceston

Remove this Banner Ad

DOG GOD

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Onstage with KISS
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just saw an ad on tv here (launceston), that John Barnes, Skipper, Gia and Lake will be at the SALOON BAR on Saturday Feb 2nd from 11am.

I went last year and it was a good turnout. Unfortunately I have to work next weekend so wont be able to make it. Damn!!

Be sure to catch the guys if u get the chance.

Just saw an ad on tv here (launceston), that John Barnes, Skipper, Gia and Lake will be at the SALOON BAR on Saturday Feb 2nd from 11am.

I went last year and it was a good turnout. Unfortunately I have to work next weekend so wont be able to make it. Damn!!

Be sure to catch the guys if u get the chance.

Bugger its my birthday and I'm picking up "ack junior" from Sydney Airport.

Stuff Launcestion its a hole. ;)

Though I will be heading up for MS Fest and the Doggies game, against my better judgement. :D

Went along to the function this morning in Launceston. Gia, Skipper and Harris (Lake) in attendance.

Spoke about the know information i.e Have put on average of 4kg without loosing pace or fitness. Skipper mention Morris in particular and pittied anyone playing on him.

Gia spoke about the adjustment to game plan. He said we would play with 2 CHF's (Murph and I think he said Johnson) and a deep forward which would be Minson to start with. The plan is to attack deeper into the forward line and force a stoppage if the ball is turned over. He indicated the game plan would not result in the high scores but would win us more games.

Skipper back to full running but has had little ball work so far. Gia happy with the outcome of his injury as it could have been far worse. He expect a few at Willi before he gets into the team (Not sure if he was talking pre season with Willi or not).

Went along to the function this morning in Launceston. Gia, Skipper and Harris (Lake) in attendance.

Spoke about the know information i.e Have put on average of 4kg without loosing pace or fitness. Skipper mention Morris in particular and pittied anyone playing on him.

Gia spoke about the adjustment to game plan. He said we would play with 2 CHF's (Murph and I think he said Johnson) and a deep forward which would be Minson to start with. The plan is to attack deeper into the forward line and force a stoppage if the ball is turned over. He indicated the game plan would not result in the high scores but would win us more games.

Skipper back to full running but has had little ball work so far. Gia happy with the outcome of his injury as it could have been far worse. He expect a few at Willi before he gets into the team (Not sure if he was talking pre season with Willi or not).

Murphy yes i agree but Johnson can barely kick 50 meters anymore. Surely he meant somebody else ?

Thanks for the report tassiedog. Unfortunately due to work i couldnt attend (damn retail).

Really?..
I remember quite a few of his 8 against Geelong were easily outside 50.

Barely though. He is moving on and to be honest i don't think he could kick the footy from 50 meters out and clear the line without the ball being touched.
His furthest kick will probably travel 50-55 meters but set shot i don't think he has it in him any more.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barely though. He is moving on and to be honest i don't think he could kick the footy from 50 meters out and clear the line without the ball being touched.
His furthest kick will probably travel 50-55 meters but set shot i don't think he has it in him any more.:(

Then let's hope our young KPP's rise as our champ declines.

Murphy yes i agree but Johnson can barely kick 50 meters anymore. Surely he meant somebody else ?
Like I said earlier I am not sure who he mentioned after Murphy. I would imagine it would be different players for different situations.
I was thinking the 2 CHF's are not there to kick goals as such. Rather 2 moving targets who can get the ball deep into the forward line. Have someone like Minson as the target with smalls there to crumb when needed. If Johnson could only kick 50m then that would be more than ample. I would also imagine that the 2 CHF's would push well inside 50 where required as a marking option.

Like I said earlier I am not sure who he mentioned after Murphy. I would imagine it would be different players for different situations.
I was thinking the 2 CHF's are not there to kick goals as such. Rather 2 moving targets who can get the ball deep into the forward line. Have someone like Minson as the target with smalls there to crumb when needed. If Johnson could only kick 50m then that would be more than ample. I would also imagine that the 2 CHF's would push well inside 50 where required as a marking option.

All this talk about 2 CHF gets me thinking... Has this been done before and has it worked?

He would be moved to the half forwardline to set up more goals NOT kick more goals.

Johnson has a very good motor so he would be asked to push further up the ground to provide an option, but would also push inside 50 when the opportunity arose.

He would be moved to the half forwardline to set up more goals NOT kick more goals.

Johnson has a very good motor so he would be asked to push further up the ground to provide an option, but would also push inside 50 when the opportunity arose.

In that case yes it does make sense. Although he is probably our best forward we have. He can always rotate from full forward to CHF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back