Autopsy Dogs V Tigers

Haven't seen the game was at Groovin the Moo (with no reception was bloody starting to get pretty worried not knowing the score!) worth watching or is it going to make me want to scratch my eyes out? What qtr should I start at

Haven't seen the game was at Groovin the Moo (with no reception was bloody starting to get pretty worried not knowing the score!) worth watching or is it going to make me want to scratch my eyes out? What qtr should I start at

Not the first one that's for sure. They were up by over 5 goals early in the second.

Started getting it together a bit on the second

WESTERN BULLDOGS v RICHMOND
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
5 Jack Macrae (WB)
4 Jack Riewoldt (Rich)
4 Luke Dahlhaus (WB)
3 Shaun Grigg (Rich)
3 Easton Wood (WB)
1 Tom Boyd (WB)
1 Alex Rance (Rich)

no way Dahl deserved 4 and Jong nothing

Well on this basis, it is impossible to compare any two players. I compared Jong and Libba after MD introduced the topic by once again shoehorning Jong into the conversation. But he doesn't want to engage in the debate, which is fair enough. I was looking forward to it, and my post was a bit mischievous in the sense I wanted to bait him into a debate about it (given he raised it to begin with).

I think one could make the case that Jong's form this season is superior, or at least equal, to that of Libba. This is not to detract from Libba's career, or his contribution to the club. This speaks for itself, and it goes without saying (but I will say it anyway so as to ensure I don't offend any of the precious souls on here) that Libba's career to date well exceeds Jong's, and I will back Libba in to be the better player in the future. But in the here and now, Libba is playing good average football and nothing more. Just because he is a proven performer, and a favourite son, doesn't change this IMO. He will no doubt improve, and return to his lofty heights.

The question is how well each is doing his respective role.

So far Jong>Libba.

Well on this basis, it is impossible to compare any two players. I compared Jong and Libba after MD introduced the topic by once again shoehorning Jong into the conversation. But he doesn't want to engage in the debate, which is fair enough. I was looking forward to it, and my post was a bit mischievous in the sense I wanted to bait him into a debate about it (given he raised it to begin with).

I think one could make the case that Jong's form this season is superior, or at least equal, to that of Libba. This is not to detract from Libba's career, or his contribution to the club. This speaks for itself, and it goes without saying (but I will say it anyway so as to ensure I don't offend any of the precious souls on here) that Libba's career to date well exceeds Jong's, and I will back Libba in to be the better player in the future. But in the here and now, Libba is playing good average football and nothing more. Just because he is a proven performer, and a favourite son, doesn't change this IMO. He will no doubt improve, and return to his lofty heights.
I actually thought your post was very good and was well backed up with the stats.
At his best you could argue Libba is the clubs best footballer or certainly second best.
I certainly think Jongs current form and form all season and impact on games is ahead of Libbas. Whether Jong has been marginally or significantly better would more be a matter of interest to me.

Watch the 2nd half.

Did you enjoy yourself at Bendigo?

I was one of the drivers of the over 30 buses there. Took a group from Mt Eliza.

Watched the game at the RSL opposite the showgrounds.

worth watching bro. we played well and it was a fascinating game because when all is said and done the scoreboard probably flattered the tiges

I was one of the drivers of the over 30 buses there. Took a group from Mt Eliza.

Apart from the fact that it was Weed Central, Groovin was awesome! Would not have wanted to be one of the drivers, how was it coping with 40+ drunk/high 20 somethings?

Jong has more inside 50s, goal assists, score involvements, disposals, intercept possessions, marks (both contested and inside 50) and metres gained.

Libba has more tackles, rebound 50, contested possessions and clearances.

Libba has 2 goals. Jong has 1 goal.

Turnovers and disposal efficiency are pretty much identical.

Jong has 3 Ching votes; Libba has 2.3.

Not much between the two this season at all.
I think both are good in the side IMO.

Yeah it was really good mate, like timtam said I can't imagine it would have been too fun driving the busses home haha! I was definitely tempted to run across to the RSL and watch the last quarter!

worth watching bro. we played well and it was a fascinating game because when all is said and done the scoreboard probably flattered the tiges
Yeah man I'll definitely watch it if I get a chance, might just stick to the 2nd half though :p always get a different perspective watching the game without the stress of watching it live, I always seem to get a much better appreciation for who actually played well watching it the second time

WESTERN BULLDOGS v RICHMOND
9 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
5 Jack Macrae (WB)
4 Jack Riewoldt (Rich)
4 Luke Dahlhaus (WB)
3 Shaun Grigg (Rich)
3 Easton Wood (WB)
1 Tom Boyd (WB)
1 Alex Rance (Rich)

One of the coaches spent too much time looking at his magnets and not enough time watching the game.
How could you not give Macrae a vote?

In hindsight, this game mightn't have been bad to have played English in place of Dunkley. He could've been one of the experimental rucks in Q1 against no more a physical challenge than he gets in the VFL anyway and if he only gets, say, 75% game time could've been played on a flank or a pocket for not much more than 2 of 3 quarters. I get the long term benefit of developing in the VFL but personally I see the benefit of getting a game somewhere in the season in the seniors as just as helpful in the mix. This one just seemed a nice fit in hindsight.

In hindsight, this game mightn't have been bad to have played English in place of Dunkley. He could've been one of the experimental rucks in Q1 against no more a physical challenge than he gets in the VFL anyway and if he only gets, say, 75% game time could've been played on a flank or a pocket for not much more than 2 of 3 quarters. I get the long term benefit of developing in the VFL but personally I see the benefit of getting a game somewhere in the season in the seniors as just as helpful in the mix. This one just seemed a nice fit in hindsight.

I reckon wait and see if we get a dead rubber game at the end of the season, then give him a game if we do.

If the ladder's too tight and every game matters, he can stay in the VFL for the season. I seriously wouldn't mind that, and might even prefer it. With how far off he is physically, no need to rush. If we get an inconsequential game that we can give him a taste in? Sure. But there wouldn't be much point bringing him in, risk him not being ready at all, and losing an important game ladder wise.

I do hope we get an opportunity to play him though.

I reckon wait and see if we get a dead rubber game at the end of the season, then give him a game if we do.

If the ladder's too tight and every game matters, he can stay in the VFL for the season. I seriously wouldn't mind that, and might even prefer it. With how far off he is physically, no need to rush. If we get an inconsequential game that we can give him a taste in? Sure. But there wouldn't be much point bringing him in, risk him not being ready at all, and losing an important game ladder wise.

I do hope we get an opportunity to play him though.

He was no risk against that Richmond spud on Saturday night and I think we missed a great opportunity to give him a run but we won so all good

Back