Dreamteam/Supercoach questions

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the go with Hayden Jolly? Has he simply just not impressed so far this season or is there another reason behind him having not been selected so far this year? Do you think we're likely to see him soon or are there too many in front of him at this stage? cheers

Have to trade out Prestia or Toy for Hibberd.. which is most likely to comeback in and still keep making $$?

Want to get rid of Prestia to create a B/M link but as mentioned GC's back 6 looks settled already (without Toy) and Prestia is more likely to score big..

im in the same boat, toy is to cheap to waste a trade but its not looking like he will get consistent game time.
sorry mate im not sure which ption would be better, but i'd prob go prestia.

i would like to know whos best to keep out of harris and swallow. will harris be back after the bye? swallow seems to have topped out.

im in the same boat, toy is to cheap to waste a trade but its not looking like he will get consistent game time.
sorry mate im not sure which ption would be better, but i'd prob go prestia.

i would like to know whos best to keep out of harris and swallow. will harris be back after the bye? swallow seems to have topped out.
harris will be back. keep him

Harris is going to play every game this year if he's fit. No question about that.

I'm actually thinking Swallow might be a keeper. He's starting to really hit his stride now, and wouldn't be surprised if he was averaging high 90s by the end of the year. Maybe a good choice as a last-place midfielder.

Toy and Prestia are the big ones, as I have the same issue. Prestia will be back soon (next 4 rounds at least, I'd think), so I'm keeping him in. Toy still has room to grow, but... I'm not sure on how secure his spot is. He was very flat in his last two games, so I'm not sure how long he'd be out for. That, and Prestia has more price bumps to go through. Personally, I'd get Toy out before Prestia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you guys think Ablett will average this year? Is his massive score against the Crows a sign of things to come? I'm strongly considering bringing him in at a bargain price in the next couple of weeks.

The way I see it, worst case he'll play to his value. Otherwise sky's the limit. I'm getting him.

I wouldn't get Ablett.

Against the Crows he was pretty much running around un-checked for the first quarter, which is why he was able to amass such a score. This will not happen again. Well, I'd be surprised if it did.

He will certainly get better as the team around him gets better, so I think come the end of the year his average will be 100ish. Next year will see a return to vintage Ablett, I think. When we have a group of players with some more experience. :thumbsu:

If I had to get him, I would personally wait a few more rounds for his price to further drop. For the 400k price mark, there are others far ahead of him that I'd like.

I wouldn't get Ablett.

Against the Crows he was pretty much running around un-checked for the first quarter, which is why he was able to amass such a score. This will not happen again. Well, I'd be surprised if it did.

He will certainly get better as the team around him gets better, so I think come the end of the year his average will be 100ish. Next year will see a return to vintage Ablett, I think. When we have a group of players with some more experience. :thumbsu:

If I had to get him, I would personally wait a few more rounds for his price to further drop. For the 400k price mark, there are others far ahead of him that I'd like.

Not expecting him to gets scores like last week, but unless he scores less than 80 SC ( 88 DT ) points his price wont be going down for some time.

Harris is going to play every game this year if he's fit. No question about that.

I'm actually thinking Swallow might be a keeper. He's starting to really hit his stride now, and wouldn't be surprised if he was averaging high 90s by the end of the year. Maybe a good choice as a last-place midfielder.

Toy and Prestia are the big ones, as I have the same issue. Prestia will be back soon (next 4 rounds at least, I'd think), so I'm keeping him in. Toy still has room to grow, but... I'm not sure on how secure his spot is. He was very flat in his last two games, so I'm not sure how long he'd be out for. That, and Prestia has more price bumps to go through. Personally, I'd get Toy out before Prestia.

Is Prestia injured? I don't remember seeing him on any injury lists. Looks like there have been more than a couple of questions asked about him. Thanks in advance.

Is Prestia injured? I don't remember seeing him on any injury lists. Looks like there have been more than a couple of questions asked about him. Thanks in advance.

Prestia had some general soreness a few weeks ago. He's played in the 2s and has been listed as emergency the past couple of weeks, so he's fit and fine now, you'd think.

Thing is, as soon as he went, we started winning games. So I'm not sure Bluey is really keen on changing the midfield formula that much. Honestly, I'm not sure who would come out for him. If he were to go in the middle, anyway.

I really like the look of our forward line with Dixon, Lynch, Matera, etc in there. Perhaps Liam Patrick should make way for him at Half Forward.

Like I said, given rotations and stuff, he will get a game. Especially since we've just had our last bye of the season. But since we're coming off the bye, it may not be for another 4 or so weeks until someone needs a break.

EDIT: He may make his return into the team against West Coast come round 11. He did pretty well against them in the NAB cup, getting 16 disposals, 4 marks with 5 tackles.

Guess we'll see.

With most people that have Sandi now counting on Zac Smith to hold second ruck while he's injured, my question is how is young Zac Smith?...any niggles the DT/SC community should know about? Any chance of him being rested over the next 4-6 week?

I'm pretty happy with what I've done.
I had Ben McEvoy, Cox, Smith and Fraser.
With McEvoy out while the suns had their bye, I traded Fraser for J Tippett and Ca$h.
I already had Petrie in the forward line and some half decent bench players, so I rotated Tippett for Petrie.
I figure I have enough cover between the four ( assuming Tippett wont play), and maybe the cash can go towards upgrading McEvoy to Sandilands ( now that he's at a half realistic price ).

With most people that have Sandi now counting on Zac Smith to hold second ruck while he's injured, my question is how is young Zac Smith?...any niggles the DT/SC community should know about? Any chance of him being rested over the next 4-6 week?

Going really well. Very athletic, and looks after himself. Seems to be resilient too. Seen him punched in the face and he just got up without a hitch!

Lots of the guys were carrying little niggles, but they have calmed over the bye. Right now he hasn't got any niggles or anything like that which I know of. Cannot see him being rested at all, to be honest. Unless he has to for some injury.

After the Brisbane game where he was pretty much rucking the whole game (and buggered come the mid to the end of the fourth quarter), he scored 100+ in the week after against Adelaide. He recovers quickly.

Not sure if he will continue to get scores of 100+, but should at least get 80s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back