Remove this Banner Ad

fake tyrone

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Warrington Wolves, ACF Fiorentina
I've selected my subjects for year 11 and they have been approved but I'm having second thoughts about doing economics. I'm thinking of switching to History (Twentieth Century) or Psychology. I'm of the impression that economics is about inflation, GDP and so forth and if that is the case then I'm probably going to find it pretty boring. Does anyone have any thoughts on the subjects mentioned? Any advice or information is appreciated :)

I've selected my subjects for year 11 and they have been approved but I'm having second thoughts about doing economics. I'm thinking of switching to History (Twentieth Century) or Psychology. I'm of the impression that economics is about inflation, GDP and so forth and if that is the case then I'm probably going to find it pretty boring. Does anyone have any thoughts on the subjects mentioned? Any advice or information is appreciated :)
Do what you like. Economics at high school is pretty dry. You never quite get into the juicy stuff until uni. If you like history of psychology more than financial market news...then id go with what you like.

Do it. I think you should put your own sanity ahead of school. I really got disheartened and disillusioned with the system, partly due to its anti-English slant, and the awful nature of the teachers I had. I dunno, you don't want to do subjects you hate. It's no good. You won't want to do anything in the coursework, and you definitely won't want to study.

If you're interested in History or Psych, do one of those.

I was, and will always be, English-centric. I like the power of the written word and my life is basically worth living because of Art and English, as weird as it sounds. It resonates with me. GDP and inflation and graphs has no bearing on my future and was completely irrelevant to myself. If you feel at least kind of the same, just don't do it.

cheers guys, put in the letter today asking for a swap from eco to psych before I read your posts but having read them I'm glad I put the letter in. I only chose economics because my mum said it might help with becoming a lawyer (a profession I'm considering) but after thinking about it I'd rather do something I actually like.

Silent Alarm-English is the best! The only thing I have against it is all the essays we have to write, especially when they are based on topics that are of no interest, such as Romeo and Juliet...

cheers guys, put in the letter today asking for a swap from eco to psych before I read your posts but having read them I'm glad I put the letter in. I only chose economics because my mum said it might help with becoming a lawyer (a profession I'm considering) but after thinking about it I'd rather do something I actually like.

Silent Alarm-English is the best! The only thing I have against it is all the essays we have to write, especially when they are based on topics that are of no interest, such as Romeo and Juliet...
You'd be better of with accounting or finance for being a Lawyer. Economics would be more important for a politician who is managing an economy. But....do what you like in high school. Worry about lawyering when you get to uni.

You'd be better of with accounting or finance for being a Lawyer. Economics would be more important for a politician who is managing an economy. But....do what you like in high school. Worry about lawyering when you get to uni.

yeah, I've been thinking a bit too far ahead lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back