Movie Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a huge D&D person, so not sure how faithful it is to the IP.

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun though, def in.

I spent a lot of lunchtimes in high school nerding it up playing D&D.

This looks like fun, not taking itself seriously. I'm in.

I enjoyed this more than I was expecting to. The plot hangs together, the cast do a good job, the pacing was good, it looks great, there's some good comedy moments.

7/10

Loved it.

GoT and LoTR have the serious medevial fantasy market covered, you need something on the other end of the spectrum.

Really well done and a lot of fun.

Do you need to have played D&D to enjoy it? I have only a vague awareness of the game

Not at all, my limited knowledge of D&D is pretty much through parodies on sitcoms.

Have heard it is underperforming at box office, feel slapping d and d in the title possibly has hurt it. While stranger things has put it back in popular consciousness I don't think the property has overcome the nerdy loser stereotype like comic books have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fine, A-grade budget with B-grade results. I really appreciated the many physical monster effects rather than relying on CGI.
Might say it's a LOTR/GOTG hybrid but nowhere near as good as either.
A solid 6.5/10 and real fun in parts.

Have heard it is underperforming at box office, feel slapping d and d in the title possibly has hurt it. While stranger things has put it back in popular consciousness I don't think the property has overcome the nerdy loser stereotype like comic books have.
The thing is, comic books are still for nerdy losers - it’s only the movies that have gone mainstream

I don’t think normal people will ever play D&D but if LOTR and GOT can make fantasy films popular I can see a well made D&D film succeeding

But it doesn’t sound like this is that film

Remove this Banner Ad

Back