EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking through latest EDFL clearances, appears Marby have a couple of goodies from Northern Territory?

Great result for the boys. Came home strong. Couldn't get to the game today but great watching those live scores in the last! Think you were the only one who tipped us too Auck!

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just thought you guys were a good roughie. Still got a good side and positive you'll finish not far outside the top 5.

Great result for the boys. Came home strong. Couldn't get to the game today but great watching those live scores in the last! Think you were the only one who tipped us too Auck!

Valley dominated early and should have been further in front if it wasn’t for poor kicking and Ill discipline . Too Roxy’s credit they kicked straight from limited opportunities and then dominated the last 1/4 when scores where locked at 3/4 time .

Valley dominated early and should have been further in front if it wasn’t for poor kicking and Ill discipline . Too Roxy’s credit they kicked straight from limited opportunities and then dominated the last 1/4 when scores where locked at 3/4 time .
1 short on the bench for the second half and 2 short for the last term so that's a great effort to come home so well with limited rotations

Stand out players for both sides?

Stand out players for both sides?
Elliott, Short, Egberts, Boudoloh.
Two incidents in the game where two Roxy players were taken to hospital by ambulance for contact to the head.
The second incident seemed completely accidental.
The first one, not so sure.
My vision was a little obscured but it didn't look good.
I won't name the Moonee Valley player but the Roxy players were at him for a good few minutes while they waited for the player to be placed on the stretcher.
Hoping both boys are ok.

Just looking at the results, it's showing KP as having only scored three points for their entire match against MP.

Is that a mistake or did they actually go the entire match without scoring a goal?

I realise they're not too flash but I don't think I've ever known of a div 1 senior game where one team didn't score a goal.

Anyone at the match who can share any info?

Just looking at the results, it's showing KP as having only scored three points for their entire match against MP.

Is that a mistake or did they actually go the entire match without scoring a goal?

I realise they're not too flash but I don't think I've ever known of a div 1 senior game where one team didn't score a goal.

Anyone at the match who can share any info?

PK 2s didn’t even score a point.

Elliott, Short, Egberts, Boudoloh.
Two incidents in the game where two Roxy players were taken to hospital by ambulance for contact to the head.
The second incident seemed completely accidental.
The first one, not so sure.
My vision was a little obscured but it didn't look good.
I won't name the Moonee Valley player but the Roxy players were at him for a good few minutes while they waited for the player to be placed on the stretcher.
Hoping both boys are ok.
First incident a complete accident as well. Both players were going for the ball and they had a clash of heads.

I hope both the Roxy boys are ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First incident a complete accident as well. Both players were going for the ball and they had a clash of heads.

I hope both the Roxy boys are ok.
Just watched the incident, 21:40 into the second quarter.
The Moonee Valley player lowered his body and bumped the Roxy player who had his head over the ball, flush on the head.
Not sure if there was a report laid after the match.
Not good, definitely wasn't a clash of heads.

The Moonee Valley player lowered his body and bumped the Roxy player who had his head over the ball, flush on the head.
In todays game, the MV players gets rubbed out, but IMO i dont think there was much he could do. The Roxy played has his head ducked down head first over the ball, we teach juniors to turn side on and expect contact so wrong technique by the Roxy player. the MV player does come in quick and gets him high so there is no question it will get looked at and probably gets a week or 2 but I dont think he meant it or there was any malice in it, his right arm is around the Roxy players waist at impact and his left arm looks to be coming up to be able to effect the tackle, if he wanted to clean him up, neither hand is in those positions.

In todays game, the MV players gets rubbed out, but IMO i dont think there was much he could do. The Roxy played has his head ducked down head first over the ball, we teach juniors to turn side on and expect contact so wrong technique by the Roxy player. the MV player does come in quick and gets him high so there is no question it will get looked at and probably gets a week or 2 but I dont think he meant it or there was any malice in it, his right arm is around the Roxy players waist at impact and his left arm looks to be coming up to be able to effect the tackle, if he wanted to clean him up, neither hand is in those positions.

MV played was reported on the day and offered 3 weeks. Has challenged, can’t see him getting off considering the RP was stretched off

Yeah that’s 3 weeks suspension as must protect the player going for the ball. Not sure the MV had intention of getting the ball. I’ve seen worse but that wasn’t great. 3 weeks is about right.

Bit going on after that. I’m not a fan of grounds with no fences as a scuffle occurred post restart and was close to the crowd. What was said to Elliot to fire him up as always found him to be a pretty relaxed character.

Yeah that’s 3 weeks suspension as must protect the player going for the ball. Not sure the MV had intention of getting the ball. I’ve seen worse but that wasn’t great. 3 weeks is about right.

Hearing the blokes in a bad way.

Bit going on after that. I’m not a fan of grounds with no fences as a scuffle occurred post restart and was close to the crowd. What was said to Elliot to fire him up as always found him to be a pretty relaxed character.

Seemed to be coming from the coaches area. Jack's a pretty passionate bloke so I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired up a bit at that point.

I’m going to have a look at Maribynong Park this week. Anyone that has seen them play, how are they travelling? Going by results, I thought they would be a bit more dominant.

Are they another Deer Park that will just turn it on in finals?

Hearing the blokes in a bad way.

Seemed to be coming from the coaches area. Jack's a pretty passionate bloke so I wouldn't be surprised if he was fired up a bit at that point.
Have heard since that whether he is allowed to ever play again will be decided by medical experts in the coming weeks.

I’m going to have a look at Maribynong Park this week. Anyone that has seen them play, how are they travelling? Going by results, I thought they would be a bit more dominant.

Are they another Deer Park that will just turn it on in finals?
Maribynong definitely haven’t hit full steam yet, still gelling together and trying to perfect Hollands game plan. They have genuine guns all over the field. W. Young in the back line as well as Barba, can’t forget about Plowman, plays through the middle and the back. The capt Gaul is a unit and never takes a backward step, Romensky IMO has been their best player so far. Kicks goals and is a big bodied mid. Can’t forget Hetherington, tough and composed, and has the skills to match . Up forward big Scott Clarke, good veteran to have and can always clunk a big mark. Their forwards can be a little inaccurate sometimes, that’s has contributed heavily towards their losses. I think they make the Grand final, they’ve got the players and the coach to do it. Just have to put it al together

Maribynong definitely haven’t hit full steam yet, still gelling together and trying to perfect Hollands game plan. They have genuine guns all over the field. W. Young in the back line as well as Barba, can’t forget about Plowman, plays through the middle and the back. The capt Gaul is a unit and never takes a backward step, Romensky IMO has been their best player so far. Kicks goals and is a big bodied mid. Can’t forget Hetherington, tough and composed, and has the skills to match . Up forward big Scott Clarke, good veteran to have and can always clunk a big mark. Their forwards can be a little inaccurate sometimes, that’s has contributed heavily towards their losses. I think they make the Grand final, they’ve got the players and the coach to do it. Just have to put it al together
I think the same can be said for the other 3 contending teams, might come down to form and luck in running with injuries.
All got match winners on their day …

Hillside - Caruso x2, Covelli, Prestia,
Wunhym, Hearne

West Coburg - Cleary’s x 2, Lucas, Saad, Taha, Baravi, Martini

St.Albans - Micallef, Galea, Coletta, Sims, Kretiuk, DiPetta, Carter

Agree re: Brodie, clear best coach in the division, and assistant in McBean who is very experienced. That gives them an edge and reserves are proving very strong, so depth could be important. I couldn’t narrow the 4 down to 2 grand finalists at this stage.

Why didn’t plowman searle and clarke play on the weekend
When are they expected back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back