Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably Walker though I also thought Rusling might have been something special. As I recall it his injury troubles started when he collided with one powerfully built youngster then named H OBrien at training and busted his shoulder.
In my opinion Rusling was destined for stardom. Walker too but Rusling the more talented.

I'm in the minority on this.

Ok thanks.
Was that Wilson wearing number 5?
Yeah, thats him. Jamie wasn't there yesterday.
Those not wearing numbers yesterday: Mitchell. Pendles. Mihocek, Richards. Allan. Hill. Frampton. Maynard (until match sim when he put on a white 4) Johnson

Nick and Noble swapped numbers. Ginni wears 6, Harrison wore 33 in match play. Wilson 5, Carmichael #2
McCreeery 34

Is the number swapping driven by something?
  • new uniforms not in yet
  • player Tom foolery
  • an attempt to confuse oppo spys
  • training team mate recognition
  • slackness

????

Gotta say, I’m not a fan.
I think order, routine and discipline are part of what success looks like for a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the number swapping driven by something?
  • new uniforms not in yet
  • player Tom foolery
  • an attempt to confuse oppo spys
  • training team mate recognition
  • slackness

????

Gotta say, I’m not a fan.
I think order, routine and discipline are part of what success looks like for a team.

I do wonder if it’s part the new training stuff isn’t in yet and just being cheeky

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I do wonder if it’s part the new training stuff isn’t in yet and just being cheeky

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I suspect you’re right.
The uniforms coming late seemed to happen last year as well.
It’s gone beyond a couple players being cheeky.

Makes my heart bleed hearing that Ed Allan is dominating at training 😭

Was jumping for joy when West Coast passed on him thinking we were set to snap him up only for us to overlook him for another Lucas Cook.

Absolute steal of the draft.
How is Jefferson looking at training out of curiosity? Sounds like you’re not all that enthralled…

I think it's us supporters who are clueless on this one. I don't think there will be criticism this time, as there never was anything wrong with the rule.
The criticism will start to come once the VFL season starts and fans start seeing promising youngsters get limited game time.

Agreed not a sub rule fan. Awful for developing fringe players who end up playing 20 mins of junk time then don't get to play in the 2s, then the next week they're the carry over so they only get half a game in the 2s, etc. Just lose momentum.

Also just logically "interchange" players should either all be subs or all be interchange. I think it's another convolution the game doesn't need.

Agreed not a sub rule fan. Awful for developing fringe players who end up playing 20 mins of junk time then don't get to play in the 2s, then the next week they're the carry over so they only get half a game in the 2s, etc. Just lose momentum.

Also just logically "interchange" players should either all be subs or all be interchange. I think it's another convolution the game doesn't need.
I can see a benefit - for younger/inexperienced players it gives them an excellent game-day rehearsal - they'll get the experience of dealing with game-day anxiety and an opportunity to prepare for the game alongside the senior players, for more senior players, e.g., Pendles, it provides a game day opportunity to mentor/support/coach the team and may extend their careers.

I agree, if the intention is to provide flexibility whilst acknowledging the concussion issue and managing the "rorting", could an option be:

The player that is replaced under the concussion or injury rule automatically misses the next game or bye which ever applies.

This tries to limit or restrict the rorting that is going on by replacing an injured player who then make an amazing recovery and is available for the next game.....?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back