Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad someone said it.

And he had a few good tap outs, applied pressure with his chasing, tackles. Was asked to go all over the place & plug holes.

It was a high quality, intense & high pressure game all night. I think all our kids/newbies can hold their heads up high tonight. I'm proud of all of them.

At first I was annoyed at the draw as it now disadvantages us with our poor %. But having a few minutes to think about it and you can't really be annoyed. We would've won if we weren't 2 players down. We ran out of puff from having less rotations. Has happened to us the last 3 weeks.

At first I was annoyed at the draw as it now disadvantages us with our poor %. But having a few minutes to think about it and you can't really be annoyed. We would've won if we weren't 2 players down. We ran out of puff from having less rotations. Has happened to us the last 3 weeks.
3 games off 6 day breaks too, I think. Losing multiple players during the match. Half a dozen players with only a handful of games.

I'm super proud of them. We had 2 points stolen, but I'll take the 2 over none.

Was a bit of a chook with his head cut off. But didn't embarrass himself.

Probably just reiterated that he needs to get stronger to really utilise his size.

I still see more inside mid than winger, based on his strengths at VFL level i've seen so far.

He was playing on the wing tonight a bit, yeah? He looked lost in that role at VFL level. I've been in the camp that is hard on Finn, but he should have played tonight instead.

Might been better to have him come off the Half Back Flank where he could see more of the Ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was so far off the pace I’d suggest he won’t be seen again this year.

Broken tackles everywhere, poor decision making off the ball. Very poor running patterns.
Sharpe gave him such a bath on the wing that the club had to switch Josh to at least quell sharpe in the first half.

he’s 100% not a winger.
I actually don’t see what role he can play except inside midfield…but he’s years away from that.

Very disappointed.
But at least what I’ve seen in vfl was exactly what I saw tonight.

Sorry for the negative slant. Want him to succeed, but I’m just not seeing it.

He was so far off the pace I’d suggest he won’t be seen again this year.

Broken tackles everywhere, poor decision making off the ball. Very poor running patterns.
Sharpe gave him such a bath on the wing that the club had to switch Josh to at least quell sharpe in the first half.

he’s 100% not a winger.
I actually don’t see what role he can play except inside midfield…but he’s years away from that.

Very disappointed.
But at least what I’ve seen in vfl was exactly what I saw tonight.

Sorry for the negative slant. Want him to succeed, but I’m just not seeing it.

I know Sr36 has suggested him coming off half back, and i think that might be the go. See if he can break some lines with a more simplified instruction. His height might be handy back there, even though i haven't seen any marking ability so far.

know Sr36 has suggested him coming off half back, and i think that might be the go. See if he can break some lines with a more simplified instruction. His height might be handy back there, even though i haven't seen any marking ability so far.
I worry about his agility in that space.
Ruscoe was similar height and serviceable off HB….and was saw how that ended.

He needs some confidence. So Maybe HB is it.

But I never see him get the ball, evade and find space. He always seems rushed at VFl level. That’s my biggest concern.

Looked like an oversized under 16's kid out there.

I almost got sucked into the narrative kids that show next to nothing in VFL miraculously turn into stars at AFL level, almost.
Harrison and Richards say hi.

Allan worked hard and showed some of his much talked about pace in some of his chase downs. Just gassed at the end. I think he has AFL traits. Still very very young.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back